News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for brackett111

brackett111 Profile Photo
Member Name: brackett111
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best 3 - Worst 3
 Apr 4 2011, 06:00:03 PM
BEST:
Hairspray (OBC)
Rent
Sweet Charity (Applegate. For realz. I loved it.)

WORST:
American Idiot
Cry-Baby
Beauty and the Beast

Which Broadway Theatre have you seen the MOST shows in?
 Apr 4 2011, 05:18:37 PM
Marquis: La Cages Aux Folles, Cry Baby, The Drowsy Chaperone
For B'Way Fans in Western Canada
 Oct 3 2010, 03:29:48 PM
Cool little theatre company in Red Deer, Alberta has a neat "Live From New York" line-up within their upcoming season:

Rhapsody in Seth, starring Seth Rudetsky in October.
Miranda Sings in January.
Adam Pascal in April.

The website with info and ticket purchasing options: www.ignitiontheatre.ca

B'Way Docs
 Jul 14 2010, 04:29:39 PM
Hoping you folk can help me find some interesting/entertaining Broadway documentaries.

I've seen the PBS series, The Golden Age, Show Business and Every Little Step.

Interested in (can anyone provide reviews?) Hair: Let The Sunshine In, Life After Tomorrow and Moon Over Broadway.

Any others out there I should know about??

Need Advice!!
 Jul 14 2010, 04:27:49 PM
American Idiot could be a safe bet.
What's got you most excited for the next Broadway season?
 Jul 13 2010, 02:33:29 AM
Pee Wee & Hedwig.
Not a combo I'd ever imagined possible...

The 'Why the F@#% are You Not a Musical? thread
 Jul 12 2010, 03:22:40 PM
Actually, in response to 1984, Jonathan Larson tried and was denied the rights to adapt it, so he created his own pseudo-1984 with Superbia, that was never seen, but I have heard rumblings that there are those who are taking that material and trying to turn into something ala "tick".
Running into Broadway stars on the streets of NYC
 Jul 12 2010, 03:20:23 PM
When Denzel Washington was doing Othello, he and I were both on phones walking towards each other, we bumped into one another, I onto the street, turned to tell him to eff off, saw who it was and changed my mind...he gave me a dirty look and kept going.
The 'Why the F@#% are You Not a Musical? thread
 Jul 11 2010, 10:25:04 PM
I think Beetlejuice has tons of potential.
Posters for Sale or Trade
 Jul 11 2010, 10:24:14 PM
Looking For:

Title of Show
Taboo
Company (Revival)
tick, tick...boom!
Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Posters for Sale or Trade
 Jul 9 2010, 08:06:17 PM
Nothing to set the world on fire...

OBC Les Miz
OBC Miss Saigon
OBC Sunset Boulevard

All professionally framed and in mint condition.

Cheap or Playbills in exchange.

Temp in theatres?
 Jul 9 2010, 05:29:40 PM
I would NEVER wear shorts - just wanted a sense of what people were up to during the heat wave. Bringing friends to their first B'Way shows next week and don't want them to be too uncomfortable.
Temp in theatres?
 Jul 9 2010, 05:14:47 PM
I know the theatres are air conditioned, but are the theatres still warm during this crazy heat wave? Lots of people wearing shorts? Are are the theatre pumping the A/C like crazy to help everyone beat the heat?
Disappointments
 Jul 4 2010, 10:08:49 PM
Avenue Q - to be fair, I got caught in a wicked downpour and was soaking wet and cold the whole time - but the monitors pissed me off, I thought the "purpose" stuff throughout was tedious and destroyed the momentum and sadly, it wasn't that funny - well, it was-the first time I listened to the cast album, but it was stale by the time I saw it.

Cry Baby - I hoped it would be somewhere near as good as Hairspray, but it was a disaster. I was bored to tears.

Saturday Night Fever -

Post-Show Dining
 Jun 26 2010, 04:30:26 PM
Everytime I'm in New York, I struggle to find places to eat after shows - most I wander into inform me they are no longer serving.

Any suggestions on where to grab a good bite post-show? Decently priced, of course.

re: Playbills for sale?
 Jun 24 2010, 10:41:01 PM
Message me with the highlights of any that are signed.

Also, for anybody, I am extremely interested in landing Taboo, Company (Revival) and Title of Show.

Others I would really like to add: Hedwig (Jane Street), tick,tick...BOOM! (Jane Street), The Rocky Horror Show, Cabaret (Raul Esparza),

The New Broadway Merchandise Trade Thread
 Jun 13 2010, 06:11:09 PM
I am looking for the following:

Company (revival) autographed playbill or poster.
Taboo autographed poster or playbill
Title of Show autographed poster or playbill
Rocky Horror Show autographed poster

Best and Worst Show You've Ever Seen
 Jun 12 2010, 03:24:46 PM
You didn't really name drop, since I see no name in your post. But of the three directors I would consider to be "the MOST powerful", they have each recently worked on shows that are actual disasters...
White Lies Closing This Sunday - Producers Announce
 Jun 11 2010, 11:48:33 PM
Brutal show. Surprised it lasted this long.
Best and Worst Show You've Ever Seen
 Jun 11 2010, 10:38:43 PM
"Too many problems" is a bit of a stretch. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't a mess.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to defend it - I just think that it didn't get a fair shake early (no thanks to the weasel Riedel) - and it was climbing an uphill battle by the time it opened. I certainly saw potential in it - but the worst part is that it's gone. Royalties aren't available anywhere and nobody else will get a crack at it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You