News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheOboist

TheOboist Profile Photo
Member Name: TheOboist
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: re: re: Most Addictive Broadway Song!
 Jun 3 2003, 09:21:47 PM
ACK "Sixteen Going On Seventeen"...that's one of the songs we play in band, and one that is NOTORIOUS for coming into my head as soon as we play it or I even see the title. Even worse than "Confrontation" from Les Mis and that one is bad. I guess from Phantom "Notes" would be the catchiest one
LIST:
1. "Confrontation" from Les Mis
2. "Sixteen Going On Seventeen" from Sound of Music
3. Notes/Prima Donna from Phantom of the Opera
4. "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast
5. "To

re: re: re: re: re: What disney IS Doing
 Jun 2 2003, 10:08:17 PM
Mulan, yes! That would be a great choice! I know so many people who loved the movie, and if they made it into a musical I think it would do really well.
re:
 Jun 2 2003, 10:05:23 PM
"My Favorite Things" is one of those...we're playing it in band, and after band it stays in my head for hours afterward. "Confrontation" from Les Mis is too addictive...if so much as one lyric from that song gets into my head, the entire song will run through my head for hours...sometimes days...on end.
re: re: re: re: re: re: Les Mis
 May 31 2003, 10:07:24 PM
Oh, you mean from the Tenth Anniversary concert? Yes, Philip Quast's "Stars" is absolutely amazing. He does that song great. Ah...I nearly forgot "Bring Him Home". So many good Les Mis songs, it's hard to pick just one :)
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Phantom Movie
 May 31 2003, 02:37:33 PM
I agree to all of this...I won't go see it. From what I'm hearing, they're only getting big name actors and trying to make it appeal to the non-phans, which I think is a really bad idea. I read some of the info on it, and they said they were going to put in a swordfight between the Phantom and Raoul (????? Really, it's an opera house...why would they have swords? And the Phantom uses a lasso, anyway) and horseback riding (that's in the book, but even so not much of it). I think they are going to
re: Les Mis
 May 31 2003, 02:33:48 PM
Ah, Les Mis, always a good musical. If you want familiar songs, I'd suggest "I Dreamed a Dream", "Red and Black" "Do You Hear the People Sing?" "On My Own" and "One Day More." If you want lesser well known songs, I'd suggest "Valjean's Soliloquy" and "At The End of the Day." The finale is also very good, even thought it's not technically a song but, well, a finale. There are so many good songs it's hard to decide, really!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You