News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Switz78

Switz78 Profile Photo
Member Name: Switz78
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: HAIR Open Call???
 Sep 19 2009, 12:24:45 AM
notice the time I was typing when I was not able to sleep, my god sorry I accidentally put in an apostrophe

also it was just a question because I was up and bored
thought it strange that people were calling
I would never call a studio to ask, why would anyone?

HAIR Open Call???
 Sep 5 2009, 03:56:35 AM
At the Equity Chorus Calls the Casting Directors told the room that they would be having Open Call Auditions for the show in a few weeks. The few weeks are about up but I haven't seen anything posted and have heard 4 phone calls inquiring as to if they were happening at Chelsea Studios, which Chelsea doesn't have on it's books.
Does anyone have any info?

re: How About Funny Girl with...
 Apr 24 2008, 11:55:51 PM
ME
re: Broadway Character Actors - Help!
 Apr 10 2008, 08:06:13 PM
Bobby and George are leading men, Lancelot an ingenue and Toby isn't a "character" part either
Nicely Nicely Johnson in Guys and Dolls
Igor in Young Frankenstein
Bert in 42nd Street

"Character" actors and roles are the sidekick, friend, funny man roles usually, not the lead or the prince

so the choices you mentioned don't really fit into that category

re: City Centers Damn Yankees Casting?
 Apr 7 2008, 10:20:54 PM
Kristen or Megan Sikora would be great as Gloria!
How about Brian Dennehy and Donna McKechnie as Joe and Meg Boyd. Jarrod Emmick as Joe Hardy or some other tall guy. I'd like to see like a 6'3" Joe Hardy who's HOT. Hell let's get Derek Jeter to do it.

re: Why Passing Strange has to win the Tony for Best Musical
 Apr 7 2008, 10:13:54 PM
Am I the only one who thinks labeling it "A New Musical" was a huge mistake? I think it should have been considered a theatrical event and then would have more opportunity to be singled out and awarded and brought in more ticket sales. It's been papered a lot lately so I'm guessing people are not buying the tickets in droves. Although what with South Pacific being sold out until the end of May maybe the folks will head to Strange. or maybe that's just me and some wishfull thinking
re: I have found the real life Corky St. Clair!
 Apr 7 2008, 10:06:35 PM
ok why if he just had his headshot done less than a year ago is it not in color and why does it look like a glamour shot?
You have misunderstood
 Mar 8 2008, 05:50:42 PM
Why not just hire someone who is the right shape who can do it? The height requirement (under 5'3") is also a ridiculous in my opinion. I gotta say that I do 8 shows a week dancing(when I got a gig)and 3 miles plus on the elliptical 5 days a week and am still not a 10. So don't give me that an actual PLUS-SIZE girl can't do the role.
It's a bit annoying to go and watch a padded girl dancing around and nothing on them moves. I walk and my boobs move. It's just not very realistic. Also one of

re: Catch Me If You Can
 Mar 8 2008, 05:39:12 PM
It's a staged reading as in No previews/ No need to leave a current Bway contract. One night only performance. Maybe 2 shows tops. Not a production, just a reading.
re: The Orignal Writing Team for Little Women was Replaced Right?
 Mar 4 2008, 12:03:09 AM
Nope this is a completely different version from the Broadway one. It was done at Syracuse last year as a staged workshop I believe.
You have misunderstood
 Mar 3 2008, 11:55:32 PM
Why has no one mentioned the lousy Lifetime movie Queen Sized that was on about a month ago. She was not all that great in it. Also she has not been asked to do the Broadway Hairspray probably because she is considerably larger than the other girls they have had doing the show and considering that most are being padded now, the Tracy's are averaging an 8 or a 10 which Nikki Blonsky is not. I'm not bashing her, I'm a big girl myself, I'm just saying.
re: Just saw the Hairspray Tour...
 Feb 3 2008, 10:53:03 PM
the actors do not get weeks toward their cards because Equity has no jurisdiction over the tour, it is completely non-AEA
re: Hairspray replacements
 Dec 3 2007, 08:08:26 PM
Marissa Perry replaced her at the end of October I believe
re: I've been thinking with this BC/EFA is 'losing' money thing...
 Nov 28 2007, 10:47:44 PM
They have extended the fundraising campaign by 2 weeks. The Gypsy of the Year Event is being held on the 17th now instead of this coming Monday, but that still doesn't make up for 20 days of missed opportunity. It is a shame that this year might be the first in BC/EFA history that the collection has not exceeded the previous years. The nice thing is that the touring companies have still been able to collect and add an additional 2 weeks of time to do so.
re: Talks resume 10am Saturday - New York Times
 Nov 16 2007, 12:58:09 AM
Have they cancelled Sunday because last I heard it was thru the 17th. I guarantee the strike will be over Saturday night. (Unless something crazy happens)
re: I 'went on strike' with Broadway...
 Nov 13 2007, 11:26:10 PM
"The 16% wage increase is spread out over five years, so once again, in times of plenty on Broadway, wage increases will probably not keep up with inflation. "

How many jobs are keeping up with inflation. My company is in a wage freeze as was my mother's union job that she worked without a contract for over a year. And I still bet that's more than Equity will get in 7 months. Why not go to weekly contracts instead of hourly wages. Wouldn't that make everything easier.

re: THE STAGE HANDS ARE BULLIES
 Nov 11 2007, 07:01:04 PM
"What they guarantee is a reasonable salary"

You're kidding with this right? Because they I sure as hell don't think $250 a week is a reasonable salary for an adult in the year 2007 who is living in NY. And that is the going Equity rate for a lot of theatres upstate.

re: letter on local one website
 Nov 11 2007, 06:50:08 PM
Why would local 1 mention the $450 premium prices when those are being charged by a producer who is not associated with the League and who does not have an expired contract? Nice way to make the general public think that the Producers they are negotiating with are selling tons of seat at that ludicrous price and not willing to fork over the money to the stagehands. Mel will get to keep making money, I wonder when that contract is up what IATSE will do.
re: I 'went on strike' with Broadway...
 Nov 11 2007, 06:44:05 PM
do you know how much it costs to put up a show? It is not a million dollar industry as far as profits are concerned. There are many salaries that need to be paid as well as theater rental, rights to writers and composers a ton of overhead expenses occur each week.
Why isn't their just a min. like there is with Equity and screw the hourly stuff. And if IATSE is going to say that people need to be there for jobs that aren't required then let's do that thru out all the unions. The musician's sh

re: Local 1's statement -- are they serious?
 Nov 11 2007, 06:36:02 PM
"And then when Equity's contract comes up, maybe they can impose a 9th performance in a week for no additional pay. Or maybe impose that they can film a performance for their own profit on DVD or MTV and not pay the actors anything. And then when 802's contract comes up, they can impose that all shows will use two synths, only, and no live instruments whatsoever, and while you're at it, record the cast recording for free, ok? And you ticket buyers, I guarantee you, ticket prices are going to con
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You