News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JEmickFan

JEmickFan Profile Photo
Member Name: JEmickFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: serious rent addiction help!
 Dec 9 2004, 10:51:08 PM
Yes, Saturday was a Rent consumed day... started with buying my tix @ TKTS. Then went to Virgin to use the potty and found Adam's new CD. Then saw RENT and *sigh* amazing!!!!

It was a VERY good Saturday!

Dec 9 2004, 10:26:33 PM

It's just such a great story.

Dec 9 2004, 10:25:58 PM
I am glad I am not the only one. I've had the CD forever and it's the only soundtrack I can listen to over and over and over again...

I FINALLY saw the show on Saturday (seen it twice touring) and can't wait to see it again. The show runs through my head, I've been searching the net for anything I can find on it since Saturday. I was surprised that I enjoyed Jeremy and Drew since I absolutely adore Adam.

Rest assured, you are not alone in the Rent obsession. Bush and his stupidity
 Dec 9 2004, 07:30:06 PM
I have never read such BS!!! Some of the best plays I've ever seen on Broadway were Take Me Out, Angels in America Parts 1 & 2 (in the same day) and Love! Valour! Compassion! Uh, hello? Even Rent which I am obsessed with.

I took my older, more conservative sister to see Rent touring out in Rochester a few years back. I was afraid she wouldn't enjoy the story like I did b/c of the subject matter, but afterwards, she said it (Angel & Collins) was a love story. Didn't matter if it was

Bush and his stupidity
 Dec 9 2004, 07:29:31 PM
I have never read such BS!!! Some of the best plays I've ever seen on Broadway were Take Me Out, Angels in America Parts 1 & 2 (in the same day) and Love! Valour! Compassion! Uh, hello? Even Rent which I am obsessed with.

I took my older, more conservative sister to see Rent touring out in Rochester a few years back. I was afraid she wouldn't enjoy the story like I did b/c of the subject matter, but afterwards, she said it (Angel & Collins) was a love story. Didn't matter if it was

re: Cheyenne Jackson Dons Leather Jacket to Star in All Shook Up, Replacing
 Dec 9 2004, 07:20:50 PM
LOL I know it's a cartoon, but it's a very blonde person, which made me picture Cheyenne. It was just another reminder of what could have been!

re: What's the first show you saw twice?
 Dec 9 2004, 05:22:58 PM
Les Mis, saw it twice... loved the music. Eponine is my favorite character. I've read the book three times.

Rocky Horror, saw it four times... Jarrod in the "floor show" - need I say more

Dec 9 2004, 05:11:32 PM
LOL I never said anything about Cheyenne, Never even heard of him before... I'm sure he's great. I'm just annoyed with the situation.

I'm so glad I found this site today... I love watching people fight to the death for their opinion when in fact no one disagreed with them.

And I wasn't under a rock, dude. I was without a computer. Guess that's the same diffence though...

the book: making it on broadway
 Dec 9 2004, 05:09:02 PM
I am half way through the book currently. As a theatre-goer, not a performer, it makes me appreciate the performers even more. Anyone who has seen Jarrod on stage knows he's worked hard for years and is a dedicated professional.

I had never heard of Cheyenne until he took over the roll. Jarrod was the first Broadway actor I'd ever met, back during DY. He was as sweet and gracious then as he was when I met him during BFO. That takes dedication in the Broadway World

Dec 9 2004, 05:05:21 PM
There's no need to be rude, but when you've followed a performer's entire career, you want them to succeed. It wouldn't matter who replaced Jarrod, I would be annoyed. He is a phenominal singer and a really nice guy.
Cheyenne Jackson Dons Leather Jacket to Star in All Shook Up, Replacing Jarrod Emick - playbill.com
 Dec 9 2004, 04:55:49 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=48362

I am so bummed that Jarrod won't be staring in All Shook Up. And it keeps getting driven home when I see the parade adn NO JARROD and there's a billboard in Times Square and NO JARROD. It sucks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You