News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dan6

Member Name: Dan6
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 8 2024, 01:32:44 PM

Sorry to clutter up the thread but....Jordan, me too please!

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 7 2024, 04:39:48 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Mr.Liir said: "They're not closing before next week."

Maybe the first post-Tony's casualty?
"

That title already belongs to Lempicka.

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 08:44:47 PM

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 06:29:21 PM

DottieD'Luscia said: "I absolutely adored this show and saw this production for the last time Friday evening. I was shocked by how many empty seats there were in the mezzanine.

Does anyone know if Michael Iskander departed the show early? He wasn't in Friday night, and he wasn't there today. He was still listed in the Playbill.
"

Jess Stone said in her curtain speech that he got another job that had a one week overlap. Other than him, the entire

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 06:17:24 PM

Well, that was extraordinary and every bit as moving and memorable as expected. Multiple mid-show standing ovations, including Victoria’s and Bonnie’s entrances, “Better,” “Father Time,” and more. Bonnie broke in her brief Act II reprise of “This Time,” and the whole audience came to their feet in cheers before she continued. Very few dry eyes in the house - on stage or off - during “Great Adventure.” Curtain speeches from David Lind

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 12:13:32 PM

Expecting lots of tears today when they hit these lyrics in “Great Adventure”:

We're crying
Because we're almost done
Time's flying
It's been a lovely run
And so fun, so fun

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 11:21:31 AM

The8re phan said: "Thank you cast and crew of Kimberly Akimbo for the 4 of the most profound evenings i've spent in a theater.

Break legs on your Great Adventure!
"

This afternoon will be #4 for me, going back to the Atlantic run. So fortunate to be in from LA this weekend to catch the last performance of a show that has meant so much to me. (And even more fortunate to have used the weekend to catch Stereophonic, Enemy of the People, Mother Play, and Pa

PATRIOTS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 10:12:08 PM

During tonight’s performance, a phone went off in the front rows during a particularly intense scene in which Berezovsky (Michael Stuhlbarg) threatens Abramovich (Luke Thallon). The offending idiot made no attempt to turn the phone off, and it continued for its full cycle of rings. Then, about 20 seconds after it mercifully went silent, the same phone rang again. Stuhlbarg, fully maintaining character, turned and pointed to the location and said menacingly, “Turn it

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Apr 24 2024, 07:33:35 PM

Well,they’re squeezing in performances for Tony nominators before the deadline, so one would presume they will be there if at all possible."

Thanks! With Tony nominations being announced Tuesday, won’t ballots already be in by Sunday night? Anyone know when the deadline is? 

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Apr 24 2024, 07:04:07 PM

I’m flying in for the weekend and am thinking about grabbing tickets for Illinoise on Sunday night, which is my only open slot. My concern is that with the packed performance schedule this week (2 shows today, 2 tomorrow, 2 Saturday, and 2 Sunday), some of the principals might be in need of rest and out by Sunday night. Really want to see Ubeda in particular. Any thoughts on how arduous the show is and whether performing 8 shows in 5 days is realistic?

It’s Patti’s 75th Birthday!  Apr 21 2024, 03:16:10 PM

I was fortunate to see her last night performing her "My Life in Notes" in Los Angeles. Her Act Two opening trifecta of "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina," "I Dreamed a Dream," and "Ladies Who Lunch" brought the house down (just the moment after "Dream" when she walked to the piano and turned around with a martini glass in her raised hand stopped the show, for we all knew what was coming), but it was her covers of "Make You Feel My Love,&q

Blankenbuehler-led KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN in the works?  Mar 15 2024, 06:06:28 PM

Blankenbuehler announced on the Broadway Cruise today that this is happening next year and that “you’ll know” whoever is starring. For whatever that’s worth. 

Broadway Cruise 2  Mar 13 2024, 11:01:50 PM

D’oh, I feel so stupid…of course I meant Cheyenne Jackson. Started drinking too early I guess! 

Broadway Cruise 2  Mar 13 2024, 06:14:05 PM

Just set sail from Miami on the Broadway Cruise 2, along with Bernadette Peters, Christian Borle, Matt Doyle, Cheyenne Jackson, Kerry Butler, Reece Carney, Ali Stroker, Abby Mueller, Norm Lewis, Santino Fontana, Jeanine Tesori, Andy Blankenbuehler, Scott Pask, and many more. Should be an amazing five days. Any other BWWers on board?

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour  Mar 1 2024, 05:50:10 PM

Saw this on Wednesday at the Pantages, and yeah, it is BAD.  Boring, lazy choreography (both in design and execution), community theater sets, and utterly listless and mundane direction (mostly consisting of "plant yourself on this mark, stare out at the audience, and sing").  The voices are fine, but agree with previous comments about way too much "American Idol"-style riffing.  Highlights for me were Wayne Brady and Kyle Ramar Freeman, but it was a pretty

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Jan 17 2024, 04:30:49 PM

Phillipa Soo and Steven Pasquale were scheduled to be on the Broadway Cruise March 13-18.  On January 3, the cruise organizer sent an email saying that they would not be participating because they "have been cast in roles in new works that conflict with the dates of our cruise."  (Replaced by Bernadette, so not all bad.)  Knowing that Suffs starts previews the following week, I automatically assumed that's what they were referring to, but obviously there's som

JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more  Jan 12 2024, 10:41:19 PM

I was lucky enough to be at the first preview tonight and agree with Jordan that it’s JRB’s strongest score in years…much more “Last Five Years” than “Mr. Saturday Night,” with everything from bossa nova to hip-hop. Ben Levi Ross is excellent; Bakula’s performance felt a bit flat to me but will presumably fill out with time. Max Crumm and Fergie Philippe shine in their respective numbers, and Mylinda Hull is hilarious in a small role. But for m

PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC Reviews  Jan 11 2024, 12:41:06 PM

dramamama611 said: "Quick question (not review related, sorry).

Is this theater really not equipped with scanners for mobile tickets? I was surprised to see that my (still) not delivered tix came with the message that tix MUST be printed. How strange, I can't remember the last time I had to do that!
"

I used mobile tickets there last weekend with no problem. 

Buena Vista Social Club at Atlantic Theater Company  Jan 5 2024, 12:15:16 PM

Final extension just announced through 1/28.  Previous extensions sold out quickly, so if you want to catch this, move fast. I saw it last night and had a great time; I agree with previous posters that the book is pretty cringeworthy, and not sure if the show will have life after this run, but the music and dancing are just so exhilarating that I still give it a big thumbs up overall.  The whole audience was enthusiastic and seemed to love it, and my group left with big smiles on ou

April 2024 show suggestion  Dec 22 2023, 02:29:03 AM

I saw The Notebook in Chicago last year and, to my surprise, was completely blown away.  Consider adding it to your list. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You