News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dan6

Member Name: Dan6
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 19 2024, 07:56:01 PM

MimiChika said: "Show is extending to October, extension announcement coming next week."

I hope this is accurate from a reliable source.  I've been waiting for an extension as I'm coming to NY in late August and desperately want to see this.  I called PAC earlier today to ask if they're able to say anything about extension plans, and was told it's definitely not extending but that they're hoping for a future life e

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 01:44:02 PM

SeatGeek already has "The role of Norma Desmond will not be played by Nicole Scherzinger at this performance" showing up for the specific dates - mostly Tuesdays, but looks like an occasional Monday depending on the shifting performance schedule.  

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Jul 16 2024, 12:39:43 PM

Sutton Ross said: "I haven't gone back to Playwrights Horizons since The Strange Loop. And I won't until they stop choosing these awful shows.

Never heard of it, but you're, like,totally right.A Strange Loop, Stereophonic, and Teethwere met with absolutely no buzz, awards, a Pulitzer prize, near universal acclaim, cast recordings, and sold out shows.Ever. Like, they've all been totally forgotten. Absolutefailures, all of 'em.

Let’s not forget Downstate, which is maybe the single best piece of theater I’ve seen in the last 5 years or more  

Nontypical show times
 Jul 13 2024, 07:52:56 PM

Table 23, starting at MCC in August, has some Friday 4:00 and Saturday 4:30 performances. 

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 7 2024, 12:17:42 PM

Wouldn’t J. Harrison Ghee also be on that list?

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 07:19:15 PM

uncamark said: "In Chicago, the street where the Auditorium resides got its name changed a few years ago from Congress Pkwy. to Ida B. Wells Dr. No "Barnett."”

And here I was for a full minute missing the abbreviation and sentence break, and trying to figure out why Chicago named the street after both Ida B. Wells and a Bond villain. 

Jun 25 2024, 04:36:07 PM

Wick3 said: "Got extended thru August 11th!"

Going to be in NY two weeks later and desperately hoping for another extension. I assume from the fact this wasn’t announced as “Final Extension” that the odds are good…still, this two weeks at a time approach seems unnecessary if they plan to run for much longer. 

Jun 20 2024, 09:39:32 PM

Critic's Pick from Jesse Green: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/20/theater/cats-the-jellicle-ball-review.html?unlocked_article_code=1.1U0.XnUg.q0io48AS9zcN&smid=url-share

Jun 20 2024, 09:18:02 PM

From the fact that everyone posting seems to think their seats are the perfect location, it sounds like there probably isn't a bad seat in the theater. But since I want to get the most out of this experience (and can't afford the cabaret tables), just asking anyone who has an opinion for the best option between (1) side runway, (2) orchestra, or (3) first balcony above orchestra? Maybe it's the result of that first video promo, but I like the idea of sitting facing the end of the

Jun 19 2024, 07:02:35 PM

phan24 said: "I’d recommend sitting on the sides of the catwalk, closer to the orchestra."

Thanks for this, phan24. Is it worth the extra $50 to go for rows BB/CC vs. DD/EE?  

Broadway Cruise 3
 Jun 18 2024, 11:22:20 AM

Talent just announced for the Broadway Cruise 3, March 31-April 4, 2025 (Miami to Cozumel): Shoshana Bean, Laura Benanti, Wayne Brady, Alex Brightman, Corey Cott, Caissie Levy, Eva Noblezada, and Solea Pfeiffer. With creatives Jerry Mitchell, Jeffrey Seller, and Will Van Dyke. 

Of course, this is all subject to change based on booking other work, and this year there were several substitutions (albeit great ones, such as Bernadette Peters as a last-minute addition). Personally, I’m hoping Caissie has to step out for a N2N transfer.  https://www.thebroadwaycruise.com/

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 17 2024, 01:23:19 AM

BOM said: "Hewas the only reason I wanted go. Glad I didn’t buy tickets yet."

He was above the title, right? I assume Broadway Direct will have to refund any presales on request. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:18:48 PM

Kad said: "The Tonys desperately need new producers and to go back to the drawing board for how to make a successful ceremony. This was a slog of a night."

From producers to director to writers to host, no one who had anything to do with this debacle should ever be invited back. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:55:31 PM

cmorrow said: "Credit where credit is due: they kept the In Memoriam sequence simple and straightforward, and moving. Surprisingly, no swooping camera work."

Agree. Unlike the Emmys, you could actually see the people being honored. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:31:44 PM

Seriously, what is the deal with restaging all these numbers so the actors are singing to the camera with their backs to the audience? This is THEATER. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:20:42 PM

I love Suffs and am rooting for it tonight, but they did themselves no favor with that performance. “The March” would have been a much better choice. And the camerawork tonight is just atrocious. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:50:00 PM

bear88 said: "There wasn’t much point in havingStereophonic perform if they were going to give them so little time."

Went back and timed it during the commercial break. The snippet of “Masquerade” was less than 90 seconds. Seems the producers gave in to the demand for a Stereophonic performance…but not really. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:11:13 PM

Trying to put myself in the position of someone who hasn’t seen any of these shows, W4E was the first performance that made me think I wanted to see it. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 08:34:03 PM

Was the first part of the HK number lip synced? In a few shots the ensemble timing seemed to be off, and the plastic tub drummers didn’t match the track at all.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 08:05:54 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I can understand maybe 20% of whatDeBose is saying."

No sound design award for this telecast. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You