News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ace33

ace33 Profile Photo
Member Name: ace33
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Theatre Etiquette  Feb 15 2022, 01:55:44 PM

Tina was the worst! I get that the songs are all very well known but there were gaggles of women progressively singing louder than each other to prove that they are grooving the hardest. It's also particularly bad when its the beginning of a song like Lets Stay Together where the live staging has some acting mixed in (because its a broadway show and not radio version of songs) so they start singing ahead of the acting. 

Theatre Etiquette  Feb 15 2022, 01:42:42 PM

To add another one... I cant stand the boyfriend who doesn't want to be there and tosses and turns all show. Its not that common but this weekend a young man was right in front of me and could not sit still as he tried to half sleep and half pay attention. His girlfriend sat perfectly still and enjoyed the show but I kept hoping the guy would just fall asleep and stop moving! Also, I saw Jersey Boys during the snow storm so the theatre was extra empty, some woman in the front

EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17  Oct 6 2021, 10:08:12 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.. couldn't help but compare it to The Prom but it was still entertaining. I agree that Jamie is a bit unlikeable compared to John McCrea's more whimsical stage version but I can see why that might not translate to the screen as Jamie can ham it up and play off of the audience in a theater. 

Regarding the music, I really loved the score but did anyone else find all the songs very familiar? a

Network Rush  Apr 25 2019, 09:33:37 PM
Anyone rush Network lately? Trying for tomorrow 4/26 and would love some advice on what time to line up, where the seats are etc.

(Tried to search the board for any previous post on the topic but couldnt find anything)

Are Box Offices open even when shows are dark?  Nov 7 2018, 02:23:51 PM

I wanted to go buy tickets for a Lifespan of a Fact at the boxoffice but studio54 doesn't have a phone number and there is no performance today (Wednesday) so will I be wasting my time if i go to the BO?

OOTI tix $20.18 tmw  Nov 6 2018, 08:42:19 AM

In person at the box office only I assume? Also I assume that it would be for todays show only?

Lifespan of a Fact Rush  Oct 23 2018, 03:23:29 PM

Anyone have info on the 10am Rush lines for Lifespan and where the $40 seats are usually? I know Studio 54 has some bad seats so I'm wondering if I should even bother with the rush. Thanks!

Kids Night on Broadway  Feb 28 2018, 02:12:34 PM

Sadly i missed out on this promo (kids go free with a full paying adult) https://www.kidsnightonbroadway.com/. Does anyone know of any other promotions that are similar for this time of year? Looking for 2 adults 2 kids for a show like Lion King, Spongebob, Wicked etc.

Sara Barellis out 2/15... will she be on tonight?  Feb 16 2018, 09:54:43 PM
Was able to exchange the tickets! Thanks everyone... wish I had that other 800 number because it was a 45min hold... hopefully she will be better by then but if not then I guess I have to come back a different wknd!
Sara Barellis out 2/15... will she be on tonight?  Feb 16 2018, 02:55:16 PM

starcatchers said: "https://instagram.com/p/BfRPcPQldxt/

Unfortunately, she’s out again tonight.
"

Ugh, any tips on how to exchange these for Sunday? I bought via Ticketmaster in December as a Christmas gift for a HUGE Sara fan. So no disrespect to her understudy but we traveled (and paid a premium) to see Sara.

i called the box office and they said to call TM but I’ve been on hold for forever!

Sara Barellis out 2/15... will she be on tonight?  Feb 16 2018, 08:41:20 AM

Coming from out of town specifically to see Sara Barellis tonight (Friday 2/16)... I saw on her insta that she had to step out during act 2 yesterday because she has been sick this week. I know no one has a crystal ball but what are the chances of her being out tonight as well? Where does this news usually get posted? And finally if she is out, what are my options? (we are here till sunday so we could see the sunday show in hopes she would be better but would they allow me to switch? and

Bette Midler's Final HELLO, DOLLY! Performance Will Benefit the Actors Fund  Jan 15 2018, 01:27:55 PM

Mildred Plotka said: "How dare he add an extra show to raise a boatload of money for a wonderful charity! "

There’s nothing wrong with him adding a show to raise money for charity... i think it’s a genius way to counter against scalpers etc (much like Hamilton tries to do). It’s the fact that he did so AFTER announcing the closing performance. Sure maybe there was no intent and maybe he was just trying to combat scalpers... but it sure fel

Bette Midler's Final HELLO, DOLLY! Performance Will Benefit the Actors Fund  Jan 9 2018, 10:38:06 AM

nealb1 said: "I have my ticket. :)

I first saw the show in May, and purchased a ticket to that final performance - Sunday matinee, Jan 14th after speaking to the very nice man at the box office, as he was pretty sure that would be Bette's final show. Then it August it was officially announced that it would be her final show, and I was thrilled that my gamble paid off. So, I then purchased a ticket to see it on Saturday night, Jan 13th. That way I could see her last 2 p

SOLD  Jan 9 2018, 10:29:54 AM

Tickets for Hello Dolly 1/14 2pm peformance

Mean Girls @ The National in DC - Reactions  Dec 1 2017, 12:51:51 PM

CPB2 said: "CPB2 said: "So did they switch up the Garrison Keillor joke last night? (Takes the place of Ladysmith Black Mambazo from the movie.)"

Guess not, but I bet they will soon if they haven't already:https://twitter.com/njerieaton/status/936102675128766464

"

Its back to Ladysmith Black Mambazo. (saw the show last night)

Mean Girls @ The National in DC - Reactions  Dec 1 2017, 12:50:08 PM

Saw the show again last night (also saw the first opening night of previews). Overall it has improved as expected but it still has a low ceiling in its current format. But I guess there’s nothing wrong with that.

The show is tighter. They cut/shortened a lot of unnecessary bits including several classic movie scenes. More can still be cut.

-Janis and Damien still open the show but the puppet as well as much of the dialogue is cut (they should also

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?  Nov 29 2017, 04:43:22 PM

So in a limited 6 week run, its expected that that the "star" wont be missing any time correct? (aside from getting sick etc). I just ask because with my luck, ill get tickets to see Sara and then she wont be going on that day.

Also the tickets are being billed as "Waitress With Sara Barellis"... does this mean shes 'above the marquee' and if she happens to be out that day then you can get a refund?

Bette Midler's Final HELLO, DOLLY! Performance Will Benefit the Actors Fund  Nov 29 2017, 04:34:12 PM

JSquared2 said: "ace33 said: "That's pretty infuriating... now I am going to have to get tickets forthe 8pm performance...I don't supposed there's anyway to get a refund for the 2pm show is there? Or does anyone know if I canresell my tickets and breakeven?

Thanks!
"

Why do you HAVE to? Couldn't you still see the 2PM performance and pretend like it'sher last performance??

"<

Bette Midler's Final HELLO, DOLLY! Performance Will Benefit the Actors Fund  Nov 29 2017, 04:20:18 PM

That's pretty infuriating... now I am going to have to get tickets for the 8pm performance... I don't supposed there's anyway to get a refund for the 2pm show is there? Or does anyone know if I can resell my tickets and breakeven?

Thanks!

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?  Nov 28 2017, 02:24:50 PM

You guys are sleuths! I really want to snag tickets to see Sara and Jason... Can anyone summarize the exact dates I need to aim for? Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You