News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for corkystclair2

Member Name: corkystclair2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GIGANTIC?
 Nov 13 2015, 05:42:57 PM

Has anyone else seen Gigantic at the Acorn theater? I saw it last night and it was really really fun. Some really great music with lyrics that drive the plot and lots of humor. The on stage band sounds awesome and there are some kickass vocalists and comic actors on the stage. I think it has a lot of potential but I would be interested to know what others think. Anyone?

HOLLER hollerin' away?
 Jun 29 2014, 01:04:35 PM
Semantics. Riedel made a pronouncement and I'm sure that he would take full credit if it turned out to be correct.
HOLLER hollerin' away?
 Jun 29 2014, 11:17:14 AM
Is today the day that Riedel gets to eat crow again? My sources say that HOLLER may still have a pulse...
HOLLER IF YA EAR ME Reviews
 Jun 19 2014, 08:13:09 PM
NBC is mixed...

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/the-scene/review-holler-tupac-263735311.html

Jun 19 2014, 06:04:08 PM
It's better than "...a total mess and misfire" - AM NY
 Jun 19 2014, 05:31:45 PM
AM New York doesn't care for it at all...

http://www.amny.com/entertainment/holler-if-ya-hear-me-review-not-innovative-1.8505730

HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME Previews
 Jun 16 2014, 07:48:25 PM
I think that the point of roadmixer's comments are that Tupac likely would have approved of the vibe of the mix on HOLLER. Whether or not it is to your taste or that of other Broadway theatergoers is a totally different question.
Producers now allowed to bribe Tony voters
 Jun 13 2014, 07:37:30 PM
The very fact that were limitations in the first place is an acknowledgment that this sort of giving of gifts is influence peddling.
Kickstarter for Soul Doctor - a new musical
 May 30 2013, 03:12:11 PM
SERIOUSLY???

The show could only raise $6?

That's pretty embarrassing...

KINKY BOOTS to win the Tony over MATILDA?
 May 8 2013, 06:43:48 PM
I completely agree Up In One. I will eat my shorts one day if it doesn't come to pass but I do expect that 10 years from now KINKY BOOTS will have been a more successful venture worldwide (after expenses) than MATILDA.
 May 8 2013, 01:45:34 PM
I think that the current dialogue going on in the country regarding inclusiveness, gay marriage etc. helps KINKY. The heart of the story has nothing at all to do with being gay but the show sends out the message that its ok to be gay or a cross-dresser or anything else. Acceptance is a message that sells even in the South. Another key message is the story of not living up to another's expectations. Charlie and Lola's fathers in the case of the show. Finally, drag queens/cross dressers are a guil
 May 7 2013, 06:10:00 PM
Am I the only one who fund the lyrics almost impossible to hear at a lot of points at MATILDA? Everyone is raving about the great lyrics in these songs but I found it almost impossible to enjoy between the unintelligible lyrics and the screeching voices of the kiddies.
 May 7 2013, 04:34:33 PM
WiCkeDrOcKs... The "backlash" regarding BILLY would be from industry people who I know to have been burned by that show. They had assumed big things, invested big money and banked heavily on the tours being profitable which they were not. I'm not talking about people on these boards having an issue with BE. I'm saying that BILLY/MATILDA could have some unfortunate parallels. Look... don't get me wrong... I think that MATILDA is clever and it certainly has a nice visual production. I just don't b
 May 7 2013, 03:50:13 PM
It is equally possible that when the voters see MATILDA, they will find it overrated with unintelligible lyrics and generally a downer whereas KINKY BOOTS is fun. I don't believe for a second that voters care whether the industry as a whole appears be smart or not. If that were the case, Catherine Zeta Jones wouldn't have even been AT the Tony Awards much less nominated and winning...
 May 7 2013, 02:51:44 PM
Damn... Another double-post. Does anyone know why the iPhone app of BW would be doing this? I'm not trying to make extra points by redundancy FYI.

May 7 2013, 02:51:28 PM
I hate to have to say "trust me" regarding my comments concerning the MATILDA costs but these are facts not suppositions.
 May 7 2013, 02:51:28 PM
I hate to have to say "trust me" regarding my comments concerning the MATILDA costs but these are facts not suppositions.
 May 7 2013, 02:51:27 PM
 May 7 2013, 01:03:56 PM
To Michael Bennett...

I work on Broadway which is why I don't aspire to being a producer so that I can suffer losses which average 75%-80% of all musicals produced. With all due respect (loved your work on A CHORUS LINE) I happen to know a thing or two about the business.

1.) MATILDA, as a physical production is way more costly than KINKY BOOTS

2.) MATILDA, in terms of running crew costs, is more costly than KINKY BOOTS

3.) MATILDA, in terms of weekly rentals

May 7 2013, 11:58:13 AM
I see KINKY boots making more money globally than MATILDA. That's my point.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You