News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for divacathe

divacathe Profile Photo
Member Name: divacathe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.wmich.edu/theatre
Blog Address:
Profile: I'm a Musical Theatre Performance Student at Western Michigan University

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A New Brain
 May 18 2010, 12:16:10 PM
sorry to upset you guys, i wasn't sure if i could just buy one copy without renting the whole package... i just need it for a proposal... but, i went and bought it from samuel french, so don't worry!! :) Thanks for the help!
A New Brain
 May 18 2010, 09:29:51 AM
Does anyone have this libretto digitally? I need it for a proposal for a nearby theatre and am having a hard time tracking down the libretto... i have the score, just need the lines... THANKS!!
We're leaving out the queen of musical theatre...
 Jun 24 2005, 11:38:51 PM
BABS!! Holy cow! How amazing would it be if they could get Barbara Streisand to be in this show with Bernadette, Joanna Gleason, and who knows, maybe Bette!
Celia
 Jun 9 2005, 04:05:15 AM
Hey guys,
Celia was actually let go. Although her and Adam Guettel (the show's composer) are good friends, and he does thank her in the playbill, she was let go. They wanted a more glamorous Clara. And although I love Kellie O'hara, Celia looked pretty damn glamorous at the Tony's!:) Beautiful. She looked great at the Spelling Bee Opening Night Party as well. She had her hair the same, but wore a simple turquoise dress. Very tasteful. Haha, but Bill Finn wore sweatpants and a suit jacket!

re: Tartaglia vs. Foa??
 Jun 9 2005, 04:01:07 AM
Chris,
It wouldn't be disrespectful to have Foa perform the part at the Tony's at all! Tartaglia, although at one time did, no longer has ANY part in the show. It was just a wierd choice, and as an accquaintance of Foa's (he went to school with some friends) I felt really bad that he had to sit there and watch it. He is now playing the part, he should get to perform. Tartaglia lost his chance. (but I am in no means bashing him as a performer, let me just state that for the record. he's gr

re: Question about Jane Eyre!
 Jun 9 2005, 03:57:43 AM
haha. I will send you the music hun!
There are NO bad seats!
 Jun 9 2005, 03:54:16 AM
Honestly, there are NO bad seats in the house. The only seats that are too close, are the ones that they give for the lottery, and I believe AA is the row right behind those, so you should be fine! I saw it, and loved it! Enjoy!
re: Question about Jane Eyre!
 Jun 8 2005, 01:01:43 AM
What do you need to know hun? PM me and I'll let you know what you need to. I absolutely love this musical, the music is beautiful!

also, what part are you playing?

re: Tartaglia vs. Foa??
 Jun 7 2005, 05:24:49 AM
good point...:)
Tartaglia vs. Foa??
 Jun 7 2005, 05:11:19 AM
Anyone else think it was really disrespectful/wierd that they got Tartaglia to go on for Avenue Q instead of Barret Foa? If I was Foa, I'd not only be pissed, but hurt!
The Year of Grandma's Drapes!
 Jun 7 2005, 04:54:51 AM
Best: Idina (although the hair was AWFUL!)
Celia Keenan-Bolger (She looked like a little gnome!)
Sarah Oh
Christina Applegate (the dress was beautiful, but that
woman needs a vicoden and a good nap, her skin looked
saggy and tired. She looked a little strung out!)
Laura Linney (she looked like she was wearing Grandma's
drapes, but still looked glowing and beautiful!)

Worst: Emmy Rossum (she needs to eat a sand

Answer
 Jun 7 2005, 04:45:59 AM
If it is a revival, usually the choreographer will say the choreography was inspired by the original. Like for instance, the choreography in the Sweet Charity Revivial, was inspired by the original Fosse steps, but is totally different.

Usually though, either way, the choreographer will get the credit, because they are doing their job, which is to teach a dance.

re: Piazza or Spamalot or DRS?
 Jun 7 2005, 04:38:05 AM
See Piazza first, then DRS, don't waste your money on Spamalot, go see Spelling Bee!!
re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
 Jun 2 2005, 01:33:13 AM
Entries like this, make me REALLY mad. You make us think this is what is GOING to happen. At least put a question mark so people don't think you're making a statement.
re: sweet charity student rush
 May 29 2005, 01:21:20 PM
Bway, I agree with you. Christina really wasn't the star of the show, all the others around her were. I actually really wanted to see her dance, but she couldn't because it was right after the ankle injury. She was actually wearing big gold boots, haha. But she did do a little bit of dancing, and she definately looked like she knew what she was doing, I just didn't like her voice, I wanted her to really belt, and she could hardly reach the notes. But, she's still adorable...
re: Ragtime at Papermill...a few questions...
 May 29 2005, 01:17:12 PM
I just saw Dessa Rose about 1 week and a half ago, and I saw blessed to have seen La'Chanz's understudy, I don't remember her name, but she was amazing!!! She is playing Sarah at Papermill. Definately see it. She is sooo worth it. I actually liked her more than La'Chanz.
haha, funniest thread ever!
 May 29 2005, 12:23:39 AM
huh?
 May 28 2005, 11:52:24 PM
haha, i know, it's bullsh*t! haha...
re: sweet charity student rush
 May 28 2005, 11:51:25 PM
ljay, i said to go see the show, i love christina, just not in the role. i did hate her as charity, but i like her...sorry, get over it, no one's attacking anyone...
 May 28 2005, 11:42:25 PM
NYBroadwayNy, You are amazing! hahahaha...

Crazy Idina Fan 12 -year -old,

Go to one of Idina's many fanclubs and you can chit chat with all the other Idina-crazed psycho's of the world! We believe you, your normal, now prove it, and go away, or at least give it a rest for a while. You don't want to be "that kid on the playground no one wants to play with ", your second day of school do ya? Seriously, give it a rest and in due time, with a lot of counseling, you may out-gro

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You