pixeltracker

Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP

Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#0Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 3:57pm

Am I the only one who thinks she would be amazing in this role? She is very funny but she can be one hell of a dramatic actress as well and I personally think she could pull it off. Any reactions?

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#1re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:00pm

she's almost 10 years too old for the role

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#2re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:01pm

she certainly looks the part... and I know she could sing the hell out of it. I just dont know how I would like her in the role overall (and I am a fan of hers). While she is certainly overqualified... i just dont know if it would work.

I would however love to see Kelli take over as Glinda... that would be awesome! (although ive never seen her comedic acting...)

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

Thesbijean
#3re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:01pm

Wait, does Kristin even know how to SPELL Dramatic Performance?

milliemarch
#4re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:03pm

oh come on. She's extremely talented and of course she can spell!

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#5re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:03pm

and TLITP stands for ????

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

WiCkEDrOcKS
#6re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:04pm

The Light in the Piazza

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#7re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:04pm

The Light in the Piazza

And she is WAY TOO OLD.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#8re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:05pm

I don't think she's too old.. besides make up can fix a lot of things

I just dont think she's right for Light in the Piazza. This is coming from a huge idolizer

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#9re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:06pm

Stop it. Just...stop it. I'm so glad none of you are casting directors. Broadway would really suck.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#10re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:07pm

sorry

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

WiCkEDrOcKS
#11re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:07pm

Ok then what if she was 10 years younger? I seriously think she could pull it off now better than she ever could have 10 yrs ago. And she is extremley small and doesnt look any where near her actual age so I think she could do it now.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#12re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:09pm

I dunno for some reason I don't see her voice in that part..maybe her operatic voice but her chest voice and such

again, coming from a huge fan

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#13re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:09pm

Oh, please. The character is 26 (and looks youthful and naive). Chenoweth is pushing 36. I'm sure if she were put up there with Clark that they would look more like sisters than mother/daughter.

bunchamuncha Profile Photo
bunchamuncha
#14re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:17pm

"Stop it. Just...stop it. I'm so glad none of you are casting directors. Broadway would really suck"

LOL

If you really want to help the American theater, don't be an actress, dahling. Be an audience..... Don't be taken in by the guff that critics are killing the theater. Commonly they sin on the side of enthusiasm. Too often they give their blessing to trash... Tallulah Bankhead

lvpblues
#15re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:21pm

Definite no to Chenoweth as Clara. She's not really suited to Piazza, but there is one role in which she could potentially work and that is Franca. Thank God for Kelli O'Hara and Sarah Uriarte Berry. Updated On: 6/1/05 at 04:21 PM

kitkatgirl54 Profile Photo
kitkatgirl54
#16re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 4:26pm

nooo thank you.

Avigdor Profile Photo
Avigdor
#17re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 5:12pm

i vehemently disagree with this idea..she doesnt have the innocence.

joeybiltmore1
#18re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 5:20pm

While I have loved Ms Chenoweth in many productions, she would be dreadfully miscast in "Piazza". Age, demeanor, presence - dead wrong for Clara.
Chenoweth is always enjoyable, but I do wonder if EVERY performance she gives needs to have a "lookit me everybody! aren't I cute and zingy?" bent to it. The girl sure can work an audience, and while that is often highly enjoyable, it is not always appropriate.

Chrysanthemum62001
#19re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 5:26pm

Oh my. I would never think of putting Kristin in this role. She's lacking a certain bit of innocence.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#20re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 5:28pm

I think she would SUCK in the role. She's to showy of a performer to play such a vulnerable role.

jasobres
#21re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 6:03pm

You know, that's funny because both Kelli O'Hara and Kristin Chenoweth had the same voice teacher: Florence Birdwell.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

DebbieDowner2 Profile Photo
DebbieDowner2
#22re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 6:06pm

Oh my gawd they both went to Oklahoma City University!!

When can I buy tickets?

You too can be a famous singer with no French accent and wear a Twister game board in just 15 days!! Ask me how!!

WiCkEDrOcKS
#23re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 6:08pm

Maybe...just maybe this was one of rOcKS' more lets say unpopUlar threads. :- LOL

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#24re: Kristin Chenoweth as Clara in TLITP
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:21pm

Hmmm, She could do it. Let's hope she can do wide-eyed innocent and not her cuteness that she did in Wicked and Charlie Brown......

Videos