News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LaCageAuxFollesFan2

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
Member Name: LaCageAuxFollesFan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony 'Votes' - NOT predictions  May 30 2011, 10:53:58 PM
I realize this is a small sampling of what we would vote; but does anyone think 'Good People' could possibly beat the others for Best Play?? The other 3 plays seem to be splitting the vote and many are voting for GP.

Personally think it would be a nice recognition of honoring quality if the voters did reward GP with the best play Tony.

COLLECTED STORIES Invited Dress  Apr 11 2010, 01:00:52 PM
I'm seeing it this evening. I will report back after. Looking forward to it.
JUDY & ME...go see!  Oct 31 2008, 01:24:46 PM
Loved by millions the world over, Judy Garland was the brightest star in Hollywood's Golden Era. Many of her devotees include those ever-loving gay men who continue to be in awe of her dazzling and brilliant performances, her devotion to her family, and her life consuming and ending dependence on alcohol and prescription drugs.

In a deeply moving testament to the legend that is Judy Garland and those that bow at her alter; Peter Mac (as Judy Garland) has created not only a valentine

re: TO BE OR NOT TO BE Reviews  Oct 14 2008, 06:30:44 PM
The Hartford Courant is MIXED for the show, POSITIVE for Maxwell...

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/stage/reviews/hc-toberev.artoct15,0,7304878.story

The production that opened Tuesday night at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre (formerly the Biltmore), seems made for live theater. Most of its characters, after all, are actors, members of a Polish troupe headed by Josef and Maria Tura. And the adaptation by Nick Whitby cleverly reworks the material for the stage.
Under the direction of Casey Nicholaw (" The Drowsy Chaperone"), Maxwell gives an enthusiastic, highly watchable performance with some wonderful moments. When offered a cigarette by Silewski, suavely acted by Rocco Sisto, she takes it, allows him to light it, then discovers she already has been smoking a one of her own. Maxwell stares at her foolishness, then smiles and spins her hands, like twin whirly-gigs.
This is an elaborate physical production, with theatrical lighting by Howell Binkley and a series of grainy projections of marching troops and swooping planes designed by Wendall and Zak. All of this makes for an enjoyable evening, though not always as funny as Nicholaw obviously hopes. But then again, that was also true of the overrated "Drowsy Chaperone."

re: Letts to pen OSAGE COUNTY screenplay - film in the works  Aug 5 2008, 10:51:01 PM
Judy Davis has to be Vi. I will accept nobody else. She is born to play that role!

re: Should I see Top Girls tomorrow afternoon?  Jun 27 2008, 11:31:09 PM
I would go. If you're a theatre lover and appriciate a fine wine - Top Girls would be a great afternoon drink.
re: Tony dress rehearsal  Jun 15 2008, 11:01:18 AM
okay. WHAT IS GOING ON?
re: Tony dress rehearsal  Jun 15 2008, 10:52:08 AM
That is the PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT medly for South Pacific. That will be on my rewind button on DVR all Summer. Nail it kids - you will sell out Lincoln Center for 3 yrs with those numbers!

REVIVAL OF A PLAY NOT ONLY THE TELECAST? SERIOUSLY???? If thats the case, Top Girls should be lucky they werent nominated if theyre pushing that award to the Internet only portion. Which is WRONG, simply WRONG! There were more play revivals on Broadway this season than anything else (New M

re: Tony dress rehearsal  Jun 15 2008, 10:30:18 AM
And we're back...
re: Tony dress rehearsal  Jun 15 2008, 10:24:37 AM
theyve stopped and Patti is holding court.

re: Tony dress rehearsal  Jun 15 2008, 10:19:38 AM
If it's too F-cking early for you Stew - go away. Your show doesnt belong on Broadway anyway. What a piss poor attitude and disrespect. They nominate you for several Tonys, and you go around bitching that its too early to rehearse. Every knows it's early for theatre people, but be gracious. 10am? Really? He turns me off.
re: Long awaited CBS TV version of SYBIL airs tonight! Saturday 6/7/08!  Jun 9 2008, 09:12:59 AM
If CBS is smart, the'll reair this one a few times during Awards season to remind people of this wonderful performance.
re: Long awaited CBS TV version of SYBIL airs tonight! Saturday 6/7/08!  Jun 8 2008, 11:22:33 PM
If Tammy Blanchard is not nominated for the 2009 Emmy for this incredible performance, there is no justice. That girl has a very nice body of work on a whole. Its ashame CBS didnt do more to publicize this movie and the wonderful acting in it.

Great job Tammy!

re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...  Jun 3 2008, 01:08:18 AM
Musical Revival and Off-Bway Play...those I can get on board with - most of the others are beyond laughable.
re: Bernadette is best seller!  May 31 2008, 08:48:42 PM
YAY Bernadette - LOVE you! Now somebody write a show GOOD enough of the wonderful womans talents and get her back on Bway.
re: Yankeefan's Tony Ballot  May 29 2008, 09:40:27 PM
Oh this is fun. My votes, not my predictions...

Best Play:
August: Osage County

Best Musical:
Xanadu

Best Book of a Musical
Douglas Carter Beane, Xanadu

Best Original Score
In the Heights

Best Revival of a Play
Boeing-Boeing

Best Revival of a Musical
Rodgers & Hammerstein's South Pacific

Best Performance By a Leading Actor in a Play
Mark Rylance, Boeing, Boeing

Best Performance By a Le

re: Drama Desk Winners....discuss here!  May 19 2008, 08:12:48 AM
Gaines a lock? I dont think so.

Look out for Danny Burstien or Daniel Breaker. Id really be surprised if Tony Voters were jumping to give Gaines his fourth Tony for playing yet another Herbie.

re: Osage County will be adapted to the screen  May 16 2008, 09:27:05 AM
I think JUDY DAVIS would be 100% hands down PERFECT as Violet!

I like Laura Liney or Allison Janney as Barbara as well.

re: Elphie3's Official (Annual) Tony Pool!  May 11 2008, 03:44:39 PM
Why not! I'm in too!
re: Actor injured this afternoon in Little Mermaid  May 10 2008, 08:37:59 PM
Disney stop. Just stop.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You