News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jvoom

jvoom Profile Photo
Member Name: jvoom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Hadestown Casting  Mar 15 2024, 08:23:05 PM

Has anyone caught Ani as Persephone? Very excited to see her next month

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical headed to the UK and West End in 2024  Feb 19 2024, 01:12:40 PM

I guess I missed it, but at what point did Paul Rudnick leave this?

In Dreams in Toronto  Oct 26 2023, 12:24:30 AM

Caught this recently in Toronto. I think I admired it more than I enjoyed it. Firstly, I am glad this isn't another paint-by-numbers biographical jukebox musical - I'm so glad that the creators made a real attempt at creating an original story. 

I went in knowing next to nothing so this may well be common knowledge but, to give an idea as to the premise of the show ... Lena Hall plays Kenna, a musician who, recently diagnosed with cancer, escapes to a family run Mexica

Dolly Parton Broadway Bio Musical aiming for Spring 2025  Oct 20 2023, 10:53:07 PM

I'll start by saying I am a huge Dolly fan so either way, I'll be buying a ticket. Though my instinct is this will be a bright, flashy camp fest - I would love to see somebody take Dolly's music and construct an original story, something akin to "Girl from The North Country". Her earlier work is some of the most beautiful, tragic, theatrical music ever written. Songs like "Down from Dover", "The Bridge", "Daddy Come and Get Me&

New Hadestown Casting  Oct 4 2023, 11:36:51 PM

I've heard Ani DeFranco is the next Persephone which I personally, am very excited for

"Just Stop Oil" protestors jumped on stage at Les Miz West End  Oct 4 2023, 11:28:52 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "I swear, what these people are doing is just wrong. There are other ways to protest, but disrupting a theatrical performance is the last straw in my book! Imagine if this were to happen on Broadway!"

I genuinely don't mean this to sound smartass - but it's really the last straw in your book? I am a huge theatre fan, but it's also not some sacred thing immune from protest. Just Stop Oil intend to disrupt, I'm frankly more surprised

New Hadestown Casting  Sep 28 2023, 10:07:20 PM

Does anyone know how long Betty is expected to stay with the show, or whether she has any planned absences?

I'm not sure exactly when Betty is due to leave, but I do know the next Persephone is already locked in. I would love to catch Betty before then, having seen Jewelle (and Maria-Christina on tour) 

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Jun 14 2023, 09:40:22 PM

uncageg said: "jvoom said: "I've yet to see the show, but was reading the Deadline review. Can someone elaborate on the following? I'm cool with spoilers :)
"There’s a brief moment when we see Kimberly in a different light, and it draws audience gasps."
"

I think that may be one spoiler you won't want to know about. I gasped and then got choked up."

Now I really want to k

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Jun 14 2023, 03:26:10 PM

I've yet to see the show, but was reading the Deadline review. Can someone elaborate on the following? I'm cool with spoilers :) 
"There’s a brief moment when we see Kimberly in a different light, and it draws audience gasps."

ROOM will open this spring  Jan 7 2023, 10:55:24 AM

I caught this a couple of years back when it premiered in Dublin. I'm not sure if it's changed at all since but my main feeling after echoed exactly what Jordan said above - "why?"

I could also argue it's not really a musical? Ok there's music, there's singing, but there are no real songs, excluding one at the end of act 1. Again, it may have changed since, but a huge chunk of the show was basically just "talk singing" with undersc

THE BUTCHER BOY Musical at Irish Rep  Aug 21 2022, 12:40:44 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Saw this today and as a whole, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had seen the film many years ago (it’s on YouTube so I’ll watch it again this weekend) but didn’t remember much of it. I think that worked well for me since I got to experience the story with fresh eyes. I love the darkness of the story and if zi could change anything with it, I’d take it even further and go even darker. Not spoiling the ending but while I saw people (mainly older

& JULIET Will Have Pre-Broadway Engagement In Toronto  Jun 21 2022, 11:46:33 PM

I was at the invited dress tonight. I know it's usual etiquette not to speak on an invited dress but I left the theatre absolutely beaming. Granted, theatre was effectively existent for two years but even still, I cannot remember the last time I left a show feeling this buzzed. Though I'm not typically the biggest fan of jukebox musicals, this one is pretty special.

The entire cast is fantastic but lemme tell ya - Betsy fvking Wolfe. There was a moment during "That's T

EPIPHANY at Lincoln Center?  Jun 5 2022, 04:29:52 PM

Dollypop said: "UWS10023 said: "Why were some people walking out? Was it offended subscribers or people who thought it was not ver good. A little over 2 hours does not seem that long."

Seriously, how can anyone answer that wuestion unless they are one of the folks who had walked out?

Perhaps we can hire someone to stand in the lobby with a taperecoder to interview those who are walking out of the show. We're bound to get definitive answers

Jennifer Coolidge back to Broadway?  Aug 8 2021, 02:21:11 PM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Jennifer-Coolidge-Reveals-She-Wants-to-Return-to-the-Stage-in-a-Serious-Play-20210808

I am so here for this! I feel like she is such a specific type however, so it's hard for me to dream cast her. Of course, she could always do something brand new but for the fun of it, are there any classic roles she could do? 

(Side note: apparently when Legally Blonde was opening in the West End she was invited to audition for Paulette but turned them down as she felt she didn't need to audition)

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE Begins Previews 10/8/21  May 11 2021, 07:38:54 AM

Did you see the production in London, Jordan? I'd love to know what you thought!

Second Stage Theater Announces New Season Beginning Fall 2021  May 8 2021, 03:04:53 PM

Super happy to see Guirgis back on Broadway. Hopefully "Halfway Bitches.." get's a second life soon too. I believe there were plans for a comeback prior to covid

TIme for an August: Osage Revival?  Apr 29 2021, 10:44:05 AM

aliceripleyofficial said: "We 100% need to erase the tragedy ofthe film adaptation with a fabulous revival"

I'm always surprised when people say they hated the film adaptation - I personally thought it was great albeit, I've never seen a professional production on stage. Why does it fall short?

TIme for an August: Osage Revival?  Apr 29 2021, 09:41:20 AM

"I don't think we'll see it anytime soon, but when it does, Frances McDormand for Violet"

I personally feel they should split the role three ways a la The Cher Show and get Frances, Laurie Metcalf and Kathleen Turner on board. (They also happen to be my picks for the first "Doubt" revival)

"The Inheritance" footage  Mar 6 2021, 04:34:54 PM
I'm curious as to who played the "spirits" at the end of part one? Were they understudies?
COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release  Feb 2 2021, 02:45:49 PM
“And I don't think Rodney Hicks is performing anymore (or can)."

I hadn't heard about this? What happened?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You