News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for santeFEEE

Member Name: santeFEEE
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
 Jul 31 2023, 11:56:37 PM

Is it Gayle Rankin? Only Broadway credit is the Cumming revival and since then has done some TV/ Film work.

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday seaosn
 May 12 2021, 09:43:29 PM
Jessica Lange for Hannigan?

Movie Musical Trailers
 Mar 24 2021, 07:51:19 AM
Are they reshooting some scenes in West Sude Story because of the allegations against Ansel? Will that move the date back?
Productions that work well outdoors?
 Mar 17 2021, 12:01:27 PM
Bring it On on a football field
Hands on a Hardbody
Once on this Island
Oklahoma!
Anything Goes
Into the Woods
Cats
Sunday in the Park
Charlie Brown/ Snoopy!
Chicago

(Almost) All White
 Jul 7 2020, 04:43:50 PM
Right! Theres a school in my area. Its a white area with a well known high school theatre program. They have announced their show for next year (ITH) and tbh as an adult who loves seeing high school shows to support the youth I was dissapointed. I dont want them to think its okay to white wash a culture.
(Almost) All White "In the Heights"?
 Jul 7 2020, 01:13:26 PM

How do you feel about about a predominately white high school performing In the Heights? I know LMM has spoken out and said he's okay with it as long as White performers aren't given roles over Hispanic performers. That being said, it is still kind of baffling to me that schools would choose this show. An all white school wouldn't pick Hairspray or Ragtime and have the African- American characters played by White people. So why is it okay to have Hispanic roles played by white act

Books made into musicals?
 Feb 23 2020, 08:02:36 PM

Bringing this back!

Dumplin'- Julie Murphy: I imagine it as a hairspray type of musical with a country-style of music. Kind of a hands-on a hardbody and hairspray love child.

Simon vs. the Homosapien's Agenda- Becky Albertalli: I see it as a campy, fun but deep musical. The mom's speech would be a perfect ballad.

Perks of Being A Wallflower: This would be perfect as a DEH type of musical!

Emma- Jane Austen: Theres a jukebox version of the show set in mo

Shows with “secret characters”
 Feb 12 2020, 06:12:27 AM
Jose and Yolanda- In the Heights
Plays for 20+ Actors? Advices?
 Nov 28 2019, 05:53:23 PM
Laramie project can be done with about 40, let alone 20. Curious Incident can be done with 20. Spring Awakening can also be done.
New Disney MTI Jr/Kids Shows
 Aug 3 2019, 03:01:13 PM
A One-Act version of Disney's Descendants was recently added in the upcoming releases tab of the website
 Aug 2 2019, 09:56:29 PM

Looks like we're getting a one-act version of descendants as well

Descendants One-Act Version

Large Group Musical for Competition!
 Aug 2 2019, 02:48:50 PM
Bells of Notre Dame from Disney's Hunchback. It tells the whole story from Frollo's teenage years up until the present. It is a very spectacular number, that with proper staging will wow an audience. (Many oppurtunities for solos as well.)

Joy of the Lord from Hands on a Hardbody. If you have a fantastic high belter that can screlt songs for jesus like a pro than this is the song for you. Lots of solos as well.

Ex-Wives from Six would be fantastic. (Boys could sing solos too, i

Saddest musical?
 Jul 28 2019, 10:28:26 PM

Hunchback of Notre Dame is probably by far the saddest show I've seen. Only growing up with the Disney movie I assumed the endings would be the same. Boy was I wrong lol!

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

After Frollo and Esmeralda die, Quasimodo breaks down and says the line "And there lies all I've ever loved" He then proceed

Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
 Jul 28 2019, 10:22:01 PM

Technically this has already been adapted into a musical, but it'd be nice if it had more songs and actually made it to broadway. That show is The Bridge to Terabithia. It is such a beautiful movie that I wish more people got to experience. I would also love for the Disney Channel movie Lemonade Mouth to become a Broadway musical.

Favorite Short Lived Musicals?
 Jul 23 2019, 10:42:32 AM

Hands on a Hardbody, what a spectacular show! Tuck Everlasting was also a pleasure

Jul 21 2019, 03:34:15 PM

There are two more non disney jr shows in the works as well. Something Rotten Jr. and 13 Jr. What do you guys think?

Picking a musical
 Jul 2 2019, 02:42:54 PM

Hello, my friends and I are starting up a youth theater, we have three possible venues that have accepted to have us work there. We just have one problem- picking the first show. Our theatre lets youth ages 7- 18 audition, and everyone who auditions is cast (due to the fact that it is an educational theater.) We had a couple of choices but we would like new ideas, as we don't know if our choices would work.

Our possible venues are as follows:

- a church with a decent size al

Catholic High School Musical Choices
 Jun 24 2019, 07:08:38 PM

To spark more interest in the drama program, choose a well known show. For example if you were to choose The Little Mermaid many more kids would audition, if you are up to it almost any Disney show will spark some buzz within your school. Some other titles that could work for any school are Annie, Peter Pan, Oliver!, and Music Man. If you would like to reflect on the religious aspect of your school some great shows would be godspell or children of eden.

If you were to merge wi

MTI files lawsuit against Theaterpalooza
 Jul 16 2018, 07:26:06 PM

They have done 16 illegal productions from the MTI catalogue, not to mention any other non MTI shows. I looked at their facebook page and they also helmed illegal productions of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and The Greatest Showman. What do you guys think of this?

Youth Theatre Show Help
 Apr 22 2018, 04:37:25 PM

I think we are going to do OOTI JR, because it would be cool to help educate students on how to perform with a round stage. We were just talking about it and we will probably base the set off of the revival.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You