News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Avery Berlin

Avery Berlin Profile Photo
Member Name: Avery Berlin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My Name Is Lucy Barton - Reviews
 Jan 23 2020, 10:01:45 PM

I completely agree with the negative reviews above.  As awful as this is, this is the first broadway show I actually fell asleep in (yes, I'm very embarrassed of it).  It was just so boring.

Which Play to See?
 Jan 11 2020, 04:28:19 PM

Hello everyone.  I have to choose two plays to see in April from the following: The Lehman Trilogy, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Hangmen, How I Learned to Drive, The Minutes, or American Buffalo.  Which two would you choose and why?

Any good 7PM or short 8PM Saturday shows?
 Oct 14 2019, 04:39:25 PM

I'm doing this exact same thing in a few weeks.  LSOH at 2pm and Freestyle Love Supreme at 10pm.  I decided on Betrayal for the 8pm show.  And I'm pretty sure the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre and the Booth Theatre are next to/very close to each other, so it will be very easy to get from one place to the next quickly.  

Mean girls rush
 Jan 9 2019, 06:17:53 PM

Im going on the 20th.  The 21st is a Monday

Mean girls rush
 Jan 9 2019, 05:59:48 PM
Has anyone recently gone on a Sunday? Im planning on getting there at 7am next weekend. Does everyone think thats ok?
The Band's Visit or Come From Away
 Dec 21 2018, 08:58:14 PM

I've seen both and much prefer Come From Away.  I found myself getting very bored during the Band's Visit but that was not the case for Come From Away.  

Can't decide on which play?
 Dec 2 2018, 04:07:42 PM

I'm going to NYC in January.  We will only be there for two full days (Sat and Sun which gives me time for 4 shows).  Already decided on Pretty Woman, King Kong, and Mean Girls (I've already seen this one, but I'm going with my family who hasn't).

For the fourth slot, I've narrowed my choices down to American Son, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Ferryman.  

Please help me pick/tell me about your opinion on the plays.  If I can't decide

Help me pick shows
 Nov 9 2018, 11:56:55 PM

Hello everyone,

It looks like I may be going to New York in January for my birthday and I'm very excited.  I'm trying to decide what shows I want to see while I'm there, and it looks like I'll have time for 4.  These are the ones that I'm thinking about:

Musicals:

King Kong

Pretty Woman

My Fair Lady

The Cher Show

Plays: 

To Kill a Mockingbird

The Ferryman

American Son

Can you take a photo with an actor/actress when you stagedoor?
 Aug 8 2018, 11:21:21 PM
To answer someone’s question about Mean Girls- the night I went, the stage door was PACKED. I mean, so crowded that I was practically getting stomped on. I still had fun because I made some new friends (I had to considering we were all so close together). But to answer your question, I was only able to ask for a picture with Taylor because I waited till the very end (I was the last person to ask for a picture). She had already signed my Playbill but I walked around to the other side of the l
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jun 29 2018, 04:22:37 PM
Has anyone gotten anything back from Barrett Wilbert Weed at Mean Girls?
Best Actor/Actress this season
 Jun 16 2018, 05:17:06 PM
I absolutely loved Hailey Kilgore. I thought she did an amazing job playing Ti Moune. Her voice is so beautiful. I also really enjoyed Taylor Louderman in Mean Girls
Mean Girls Stage Door
 Jun 4 2018, 09:29:32 PM
I went to the show on 5/30 and Grey wasn’t on for the performance. His understudy did stage door (I can’t remember his name, it was his principal Damian debut). Taylor also came out along with quite a few ensemble members. The stage door was absolutely crazy though. There were tons of people and I was almost knocked over and buried in people.
Is this too risky?
 May 31 2018, 06:21:07 PM
I don’t know if anyone cares, but I thought I’d update. This was actually yesterday and I made it to my hotel in Times Square with about 2.5 hours until the show (no flight delays). I had plenty of time to check in, eat lunch, and still be at the show 40 minutes before it started. I’m so glad I took the risk because I was front row and it was amazing!
Dear Evan Hansen seating for teen/tween
 May 26 2018, 11:25:06 PM

CT2NYC said: "Avery Berlin said: "dearalanaaaa said: "I'm not sure if these are available, but $159 partial view first row orchestra is a very good idea! I sat there on lottery for $40 and it was AMAZING! Booster seat will really help you see over he edge, as well as your son. It's a very intimate show, so you want to be as close as possible. If it isn't, front row mezz is always the way to go."

I got a front row partial view seat fo

Dear Evan Hansen seating for teen/tween
 May 26 2018, 09:41:25 PM

dearalanaaaa said: "I'm not sure if these are available, but $159 partial view first row orchestra is a very good idea! I sat there on lottery for $40 and it was AMAZING! Booster seat will really help you see over he edge, as well as your son. It's a very intimate show, so you want to be as close as possible. If it isn't, front row mezz is always the way to go."

I got a front row partial view seat for an upcoming performance that I’m going to!  

Is this too risky?
 May 19 2018, 05:35:52 PM

Olivia11 said: "Only you can assess the risk you are comfortable with. If it would kill you to lose the money, don’t do it. Otherwise, do it!

I regularly land at JFK, with checked luggage, between 3:30-4:00 pm and make 7:00 curtains (obviously easier when curtain is at 8:00 pm). So far (knock wood) I have never missed, but I am always prepared that my luck may run out. I take a cab except one time I rented a car, drove into the city, parked, checked into my hotel and

On Your Feet in Costa Mesa
 May 16 2018, 04:10:15 PM

I didn't really know any of Gloria Estefan's music and I still really enjoyed it.  My mom went with me and really enjoyed it also.  

Is this too risky?
 May 14 2018, 09:20:45 PM

I decided to purchase the ticket and I'm super excited!  I saw DEH on Ben's second to last night and I fell in love with the show.  So excited to see it again.  Since it's a Wednesday matinee, who will be out of the show?  I know MLB with be playing Evan but is there anyone else that doesn't perform during the matinees? 

Is this too risky?
 May 14 2018, 06:41:22 PM

Thank you all for the advice!  We are staying in the theatre district and will be taking a taxi from JFK.  Also, we're not checking any bags and we're coming from Florida/Atlanta, so not international.

Is this too risky?
 May 14 2018, 06:04:56 PM

I fly into JFK in a few weeks and land at 10:00am (unless there are delays).  I'm meeting someone there who lands at 10:27am, so we will probably not leave the airport until 11am.   I really want to try and catch the DEH matinee at 2pm that day but I'm wondering if this is too risky. I'm afraid that one of our flights could be delayed, but its on Delta and I've only ever had good experiences with them.  I wish that telecharge offered ticket insurance

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You