News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CedricOates

Member Name: CedricOates
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mistakes on cast albums  Aug 25 2019, 09:13:56 PM
Andre Dè Shields in “Road to Hell” in Hadestown OBCR sings some flat notes, and when he sings “It’s where you’ll find the King of the Mine” he gobbles the “it’s where you’ll”. Also a sour note in “Way Down Hadestown” when he sings “Everybody tryna get a ticket to go”
Hadestown Tour  Aug 13 2019, 10:57:33 AM
One thing is for certain, the tour might have all the same magic as the Broadway production, but that Bass of Patrick Page, that might be the one thing that can’t be replicated.
West Side Story revival?  Jul 9 2019, 08:29:11 PM

West Side Story revival?  Jul 3 2019, 02:43:16 PM

LesWickedly said: "Isaac Powell is all but confirmed for Tony. "

How so?

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 14 2019, 09:23:41 PM

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 10:16:00 PM
It should be a crime we didn’t get to hear Patrick Page’s bass at Radio City Music Hall tonight
2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 09:58:26 PM
Really thought they were going with Way Down Hadestown or Road To Hell :/
2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 09:29:18 PM
So far, seeing Hadestown this season, Beetlejuice’s performance is the only performance that has enticed me to snag a ticket
The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 8 2019, 04:54:37 PM
Does anyone think Corey Hawkins looks a little too old to be opposite Leslie Grace? My pick was Jordan Fisher for Benny as I think the two would look much better as a pair, but i think Corey will do great
The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 6 2019, 04:12:22 PM
Maybe the time line of the show and cuts will be more apparent than I though. If you look at Breathe, you can see Leslie with straight hair and one outfit. But in the When Your Home clips, her outfit is different and her hair is curly. Hopefully it’s all amazing.
HADESTOWN Previews  Apr 16 2019, 10:04:27 PM

Impossible2 said: "CedricOates said: "Have any understudies gone on yet?"

Yes. The blue, the green and the red have all be on a couple of times x
"

LMAOOOO i love it

HADESTOWN Previews  Apr 16 2019, 07:13:56 PM
Have any understudies gone on yet?
HADESTOWN Previews  Apr 11 2019, 01:15:51 PM
So are the green and black umbrella alternating their performances. Is one the standby or understudy. Over the top billing?
HADESTOWN Previews  Apr 9 2019, 07:25:43 PM
I wish Reeve all the best and a long healthy and prosperous run, but since Oklahoma! Is a limited engagement, maybe Damon Daunno could take over for Orpheus whenever Reeve decides to leave. Full circle would be great and would love to see his interpretation.
Artist You Would Like To See On Broadway?  Apr 8 2019, 07:00:26 PM
Tori Kelly As Elphaba
BEST ACTOR in a Musical Predictions  Apr 5 2019, 11:38:41 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "Would Patrick Page count as leading Actor forHadestown?"

I don’t think so. He doesn’t say a word until 33 minutes into the first act. Then doesn’t appear again until @ 42 minutes for Chant and Hey Little Songbird, and Why We Build a Wall to float Act 1. I think total time for the first Act he’s on stage for less than 20 minutes. Act 2 he’s featured more but Reeve Carney is clearly the lead for Hadest

Adaptations You Would Like To See?  Apr 3 2019, 11:18:52 AM
I think the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice would work well on the stage. Maybe include Persephone and Hades, and use jazz music. Idk tho
HADESTOWN SEATING?  Mar 31 2019, 10:19:18 AM
Yes they were purchased in December. Now i think the prices shot up
HADESTOWN SEATING?  Mar 31 2019, 08:52:30 AM
Saw it Mezzanine G5. Amazing seats for 50 dollars saw everything. Small enough theatre that every seat is fine.
HADESTOWN Previews  Mar 30 2019, 08:19:52 PM
I’ve been thinking. I saw the 3/28 preview performance (review to come shortly)

I noticed T. Oliver Reid covers both Hermès and Hades. Hermès is a tenor in the show, hitting notes in full belt. My question is, if he is singing tenor, how could he ever sing the songs of Hades. Hades is a true base, hitting as low as an low f.

Maybe, since Patrick Page is the only one who could actually hit that low notes. The two covers for Hades do both sing bass notes, but i don’t think they

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You