News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Alli579

Alli579 Profile Photo
Member Name: Alli579
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Natalie Weiss solo concert
 Jan 26 2010, 10:09:42 PM
I thought she was great, but I am a bit biased. I loved her song choices. She had a good mix of ballads and uptempo songs. She sang some well known songs, and some unknown ones. She did several of her impersonations, which were quite amusing. Overall, I think she's a great performer, and very entertaining to watch.

The only disappointment of the evening was that she did not sing Scott Alan's "I'm a Star."

Natalie Weiss solo concert
 Jan 25 2010, 11:13:03 PM
I went. She was excellent and extremely funny. They added a second performance on February 15th, so if you missed it last night, catch her then!
re: How has _______'s Lotto/Rush been?
 Oct 11 2009, 08:04:41 PM
Anyone know how Hair and Rock of Ages lottos have been lately for Tuesday night performances?
Don't Stop Believin' - The BROADWAY 'Rock of Ages' Love Thread
 Jun 21 2009, 04:05:08 PM
Thanks to everyone's lotto info! It was pretty packed but I won! We sat in row C and our seats were great.

I absolutely loved the show, and want to see it again asap! Savannah Wise went on for Amy Spanger. I've always wanted to see Amy perform live, but Savannah was awesome! She did a really great job as Sherri.

Awesome show, lots of fun.

Don't Stop Believin' - The BROADWAY 'Rock of Ages' Love Thread
 Jun 16 2009, 11:55:07 AM
Hey Everyone,
I don't mean to ask the same question as everyone else has, but I need an update! Does anyone know how the Rock of Ages Lotto has been since the Tony Awards? I'll be in NY on Thursday, and was hoping to see the show. Not sure if I should risk it and go for the lotto, or just go to TKTS. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
 Sep 6 2006, 07:49:42 PM
Sorry to bump this thread. Just wanted to see if the rush has calmed down at all. I'm planning on rushing for a Sunday matinee. What time should I get there, and how long can I plan on waiting? Thanks!
re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
 Apr 25 2006, 07:58:39 PM
Is Marc Platt attached to this in any way? I'm kind of surprised that he wouldn't be, considering he produced the film.
Kristin Chenoweth on Jay Leno Tonight
 Apr 19 2006, 11:05:55 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted. I did do a quick search, but found nothing.

Kristin Chenoweth will be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno this evening, April 19th. I saw a commercial a few minutes ago which showed Kristin singing "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" in her soprano voice! It seems that she will be entertaining as usual! Anyway, she'll be discussing her new movie RV.
Here's a link to the website: http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/guests/

re: wicked tour in philly
 Mar 30 2006, 07:30:00 PM
Saw it last night as well, and loved it! I've seen the show several times, but there's nothing like Julia Murney to make it all seem brand new! I've been a fan of hers for a few years now, so I've been looking forward to this! Her acting was unbelievable, and her "No Good Deed" was the best I've ever heard. To whomever mentioned her facial expression right before her final notes in "Defying Gravity", I looked for it, and yes it was awesome! Talk about wicked!

I wasn't impressed wi

re: Lisa Brescia was the best Amneris.
 Mar 14 2006, 05:09:43 PM
I had never even heard the music to Aida when I went to see the show. Needless to say, I was stunned from Every Story until the end with Lisa's voice. She was wonderful to meet after the show as well. I bought the cast recording the next day, and was actually disappointed with Sherie because Lisa was just so good! (Still a big fan of Sherie as well!)
re: IT COULD HAVE SAVED THE FILM!!! (Rent Alternate Ending)
 Feb 22 2006, 05:21:10 PM
"I just want to know if I'm mistaken about Seasons of Love being out of character? I'd always thought/heard that for that scene, the actors were... well, not themselves, but not their characters in the show, either."

I believe in Anthony's book he says that they were told to come out of character for this song and just be themselves (in the stage production).

I LOVE the alternate ending. I thought it was just beautiful, and reflected the stage production so well. However, I w

re: What are your favorite FEMALE Chesty Belt Songs?
 Feb 20 2006, 09:15:09 PM
"Life of the Party" from Lippa's Wild Party
re: Anthony Rapp's 'Without You' in stores!
 Feb 12 2006, 05:36:06 PM
Well thank you for the info, I'll try Amazon. It's great to know that it's doing so well. Congratulations Anthony!
re: Anthony Rapp's 'Without You' in stores!
 Feb 12 2006, 05:26:19 PM
Is anyone else having major problems trying to find this book? I've been looking forward to it ever since Anthony posted about it here a year and a half ago. Of course it comes out, and I can't find it anywhere!

I've looked at several book stores in my area. None of them have it. I ordered it on buy.com last week. It was supposed to ship within 24 hours, but now it says within 1-2 weeks. Barnes and Nobel's web site says within 3-5 weeks! I'm thinking about trying Amazon, but we a

re: I have a makeup question!!!
 Jan 31 2006, 09:55:37 PM
No problem! Contact me if you have any other questions. Break a leg!
re: I have a makeup question!!!
 Jan 31 2006, 05:00:28 PM
Professional Makeup artist here to help! The Chromacake in landscape green is the type of makeup used in Wicked. However, as it was said above, this is only available at a MacPRO store. You need to have a license to make purchases in these stores (as far as I know).

However, using Ben Nye's makeup is a simple alternative to all of this. I've done a green girl before and used their products. I cannot remember exactly which color cake foundation I used, but they do sell a green one

re: Golden Globes Tonight!
 Jan 17 2006, 06:01:47 PM
I was thrilled for S. Epatha Merkerson, as well as Mary Louise Parker! It was also great to see Jesse and Rosario. Jesse even talked about Rent on the red carpet, which had me excited.

I'm a major cheerleader for both Brokeback Mountain and Walk the Line, so I was quite happy with the evening. However, where was Mr. Gyllenhall last night? I was disappointed that he wasn't there.

I was SO excited when Marc Platt won! He is SUCH a kind and generous man that I've had the plea

re: Critic's Choice Awards - Cast of Rent coming up
 Jan 9 2006, 09:12:20 PM
I did love Felicity Huffman's mouthed comment. They should have one at least one of the music categories! Were they the only three awards they were up for (ensemble, soundtrack, song)?
re: Critic's Choice Awards - Cast of Rent coming up
 Jan 9 2006, 09:06:16 PM
I know! Unfortunately I missed the presentation of the ensemble award. Are they all there or is it just the four of them?
Critic's Choice Awards - Cast of Rent coming up
 Jan 9 2006, 08:34:45 PM
Sorry if there's already a thread on this. I just stumbled upon the Critic's choice awards on the WB. The announcer just said the cast of Rent will be appearing. I don't think any of the awards the movie is nominated for have been announced yet.

Once again, sorry if this has already been posted!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You