News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lukeworsham

Member Name: lukeworsham
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Parade/Jacobs Seating Question
 Mar 2 2023, 11:02:28 PM

Is there any reason sitting toward the edge of row D in the orchestra at the Jacobs would be an issue for Parade? I know it's technically "partially obstructed view" or whatever, but the folks who sat there for Company didn't seem to have a problem. Wondering if this show is any different?

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Feb 20 2023, 02:08:28 PM

I could be asking a question that's already been answered, but is the orchestration different than London? "Bad Cinerella" sounded the same in both the CHF and new recordings, but "I Know I Have a Heart" was much different in the new version.

Why are DEH Tickets So Cheap?
 Feb 17 2022, 11:53:38 PM

Was just perusing ticket sites in prep for a May NYC trip, and I noticed that tickets to DEH when I'll be in town are extraordinarily cheap. You can sit virtually anywhere in the Music Box outside of premium for just over $100, even the front row. Not even Phantom is that cheap.

What's up with that?

Any Chance of an Assassins Broadway Transfer?
 Feb 14 2022, 07:03:26 PM

That was my thought

Any Chance of an Assassins Broadway Transfer?
 Feb 14 2022, 04:25:38 PM

Title speaks for itself. 

Nederlander Theatre Seating Question
 Jan 13 2022, 10:37:37 AM

Thanks for the intel! Interesting that some folks online seemed to have a problem with the railing.

Nederlander Theatre Seating Question
 Jan 12 2022, 01:11:57 PM

Is front row MEZZ of the Nederlander a bad idea because of the railing? I've seen differing opinions/pictures online and want to ask the real experts on this forum haha.

If not, any recommendations for where NOT to sit in the ORCH?

Difficulty Getting Encores! Tickets?
 Jul 22 2021, 11:30:59 PM

Really wanting to take an NYC trip during May 2022 to catch Encores!' production of Into the Woods, as I'm a major Sondheim nerd and the prospect of hearing that score with their famously giant orchestra is overwhelmingly exciting. How difficult is it to get tickets to Encores! shows, and when should I start paying attention for an on-sale date? Any tips would be appreciated!

Why Are Sondheim’s Books So Expensive?
 May 24 2020, 02:47:56 PM

Curious as to why Sondheim’s books (Finishing/Look I Made) are so expensive? I’m seeing copies going for hundreds on the internet even though they don’t appear to be rarities and are less than 10 years old.

Volume at Broadway Shows
 Apr 13 2020, 03:25:25 PM

Wick3 said: "I'm curious on the locations of your seats at Dear Evan Hansen and Wicked. Seat location may be a factor as well."

I’ve seen DEH twice, both on the tour, and I sat very close too the stage both times (need to see those Evan tears up close and personal).

Wicked I’ve seen several times, but the two most recent were front row (tour) and middle of orchestra right (Gershwin). Both times I thought it was quiet.

Volume at Broadway Shows
 Apr 13 2020, 03:22:58 PM

mailhandler777 said: "I find Jagged Little Pill loud no matter where you sit. In the front row your feet vibrate from how loud You Oughta Know gets. "

yeah that’s one show I definitely had no volume issues with lol 

Volume at Broadway Shows
 Apr 11 2020, 12:40:33 PM

I should start by noting that I have very slightly below average hearing (nothing that requires medical attention, assistance devices, or anywhere near that level).

I have seen several shows, on tour and in NYC, that made me want to reach for the volume switch the entire show. I've wondered before if it had to do with the venue, the particular show, or both. Other times, the volume is perfect, so I don't think the answer is "I'm hard of hearing."

I've h

Rosie O’Donnell Show
 Mar 22 2020, 08:22:23 PM
It’s very entertaining. Have loved seeing Patti, Idina Menzel, and Ben Platt. Alan Menken’s piano medley was great.
Phantom Post-COVID
 Mar 22 2020, 06:44:32 PM

Phantom4ever said: "ALW using a word like “refresh” fills me with dread. When I read the first post in this thread, my stomach dropped. Phantom’s original staging is so emotionally connected to me that words could never explain it. If they do anything to update it in the name of trendiness I don’t know what I’ll do.

CatsNY, what changes have you seen since Hal died? When I saw it in February, the only difference I saw was the new approach to C

Phantom Post-COVID
 Mar 22 2020, 04:47:49 PM

In a NY Post article, ALW said the following about Phantom’s life on Broadway after the shutdown is over: “There are huge plans to remarket and refresh it.”

What does everyone think “remarket and refresh” means? For the sake of all that is good in the world, I hope this doesnt mean replacing Hal Prince’s staging with Cameron Mackintoshs awful new production that recently toured the U.S.

I saw PTO two days before the shutdown, and the show is in really good shape. The company knows exactly what theyre doing, and it didnt look like some older shows where everyone seems to simply be going through the motions. You could feel Ben Crawford and Eryn Lecroys sexual tension on stage.

If anything, maybe a big name like John Owen-Jones or Ramin Karimloo taking over under the mask. But please, do not touch Hal Princes staging!

Tips for first NYC trip?
 Feb 4 2020, 10:30:19 PM

dmwnc1959 said: "I have truly enjoyed the simple thrill of walking up and down all the streets taking pictures of the theater marquees. Some of them (i.e. the Lyric Theater)are simply amazing.

https://www.thebroadwaymap.com/

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!
"

Thank you! 

Tips for first NYC trip?
 Feb 4 2020, 10:28:51 PM

sweaterbox said: "Walk through Lincoln Center plaza at night, or ideally see a show if you have the time. There’s also a free Hal Prince exhibit up through the end of March at the NY library branch at Lincoln Center if the behind the scenes stuff interests you. http://www.playbill.com/article/8-highlights-from-the-new-hal-prince-exhibition-at-the-new-york-public-library-for-the-performing-arts

Wow, I had no idea about the Hal Prince exhibit! I’ll definitely be checking that out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Tips for first NYC trip?
 Feb 4 2020, 08:50:46 PM

As a longtime musical theater super-nerd, I am pumped to be taking my first ever trip to NYC in the second week of March! Already have tickets for Wicked (the first ever musical I saw at age 10!), PTO (never seen the Hal Prince production, only the crap Laurence Connor put on tour), and Company (I may faint in the presence of the true Santa Evita, Mrs. Lupone).

I was wondering if there are any non-obvious landmarks, shops, or anything else that I should check out, or any other general

How Long Will Ben Crawford Be in PTO?
 Nov 5 2019, 05:16:05 PM

Dave13 said: "Ben first performance was 4/16/2018. Typically, it is yearly contracts. Theoretically, his first contract is over and he renewed for at least another year, which his contract would end around 4/16/2020. However, I am sure if something bigger and better came along, he could bolt at anytime.

Also, actors that have played Phantom in the past usually stay for a while. My guess is you are safe that he will be there inMarch, but nothing is guaranteed.
"

How Long Will Ben Crawford Be in PTO?
 Nov 5 2019, 04:45:18 PM

Planning a trip to NYC in early March, and I was wondering if anyone knows when Ben Crawford's current contract with Phantom will be up. I know he's on his second contract, but I can't figure out when he's set to depart the show.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You