News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for walnutoraroach

Member Name: walnutoraroach
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Plays 2024-2025
 Sep 6 2024, 03:46:13 PM

I’d say the Best Play noms at this moment are English, Hills of California, Oh Mary!, Purpose and then either Stranger Things or Cult of Love (just based on what I’ve heard from out of town). I adore English but I think Oh Mary! could pull out a win if the voters who don’t want to support it fail to rally around one more serious alternatives. 

Guess Best Actor will be (holy moly) Denzel Washington, Jake Gyllenhaal, Daniel Dae Kim, Robert Downey Jr., and George Cl

Sondheim's Final Musical: HERE WE ARE (Off-Broadway) - Critics' Reviews
 Oct 23 2023, 12:24:03 AM

Slant Magazine:

Here We Are Review: Stephen Sondheim’s Final Master Class Is Small and Funny and Fine

https://www.slantmagazine.com/theater/here-we-are-review-stephen-sondheim/

STRAIGHT WHITE MEN Previews
 Jul 1 2018, 08:10:59 AM

DramaTeach said: "
1) After watching an hour and forty minutes, I have no idea what I was supposed to take away from the experience. It's marketing itself as a subversive look at straight white men and identity, but it's not that. There are a few moments when the guys seem like frat boys, but overall, they are well-meaning and fun. So am I supposed to dislike them because they're privileged white boys? Am I supposed to think their relics of a species that's falle

Jun 30 2018, 11:29:13 PM
Yup, Payne’s his understudy. He was off-book — seemed quite comfortable.
 Jun 30 2018, 10:42:34 PM

I was there tonight (yes, I just joined BWW; no, I’m not in any way connected to the production). I found Straight White Men engaging and fairly moving, though uneven. The pre-show and first five minutes are wickedly subversive, but the play then settles into a gentle exploration of a family that feels pointed only in its lack of subversion. Framed as it as a play about straight white men (the set is literally a picture frame engraved with those three words), Young Jean Lee’s work

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You