News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ClapAbout

ClapAbout Profile Photo
Member Name: ClapAbout
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Buckley SWEENEY scrapped!
 Jun 16 2005, 05:09:08 PM
i have no doubts that she was just as unreasonable as ever and that she was fired. the project was also likely built around her, so when she was no longer involved, it seems like it would be a waste to have the project still continue.
re: Sweeney Todd, Texas or Broadway?
 May 7 2005, 02:05:57 AM
Let's just open them both on Broadway on the same night in theatres next door to each other and see if the new Lupone London compares with the more traditional Buckley Odessa version :) However, it's very impressive that the Texas production has taken such lengths to ensure quality. I'd go with them for the moment.
but is it touring?
 Feb 23 2005, 12:00:11 PM
i'm a big maria fan, believe me. but i cant see how this could be in the ranks for any such preservation. and by the way, wasnt this a thread to discuss whether or not its touring? we seem to have strayed. i'm curious. is it touring?
What Shows Truly Deserve Another Chance?
 Jan 31 2005, 01:56:36 AM
The Secret Garden
Flloyd Collins
Whistle Down the Wind
Ragtime
Blood Brothers (Broadway)

re: Maria Friedman & Daisy Eagan GYPSY
 Jan 30 2005, 02:51:56 PM
such a good point matt. maria's a star and no place where she performs will change that. if anything, its great that audiences in texas will get a chance to see her. those ppl would likly never make the journey to the west end. great theatre is anywhere that has good actors and a good audience. whether it be new york, london, texas or the moon. cheers to texas!
re: shows that you think should be revived and your picks for the cast
 Jan 29 2005, 01:09:55 PM
sweeney todd with terrance mann and tracy ulman
re: MARIA FRIEDMAN IN GYPSY?
 Jan 29 2005, 03:25:12 AM
just noticed that Maria is quoted on the woman in white site saying how she'd love to play rose in gypsy. looks like she was giving us a hint. wow, all the way to texas to see her.
 Jan 28 2005, 07:39:56 PM
does anyone know if Maria auditioned for this role, or if it was just offered to her or what? it seems a little random unless she knows a Texas-based producer. Since no one seems to know WHERE the show is, I guess it means that no one knows whos producing it either?
 Jan 28 2005, 07:06:16 PM
how in the world did they get Maria Friedman to agree to slip a show between woman in white runs? and who is Daisy Eagan? playing louise i guess? is she any good?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You