News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Micki7

Member Name: Micki7
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?
 May 8 2020, 12:44:28 AM
I also saw Rachael Lily Rosenbloom (And Don’t You Ever Forget It).
At least I can say that I never did forget it. The only thing I really remember about the show itself is that I had a very hard time following the plot. After the show ended I was unable to tell anyone what it was about. But I do feel sort of lucky to have seen it, although given a choice I’d have preferred seeing Carrie.

Tootsie ticket
 Dec 22 2019, 01:06:04 PM
I have a Tootsie ticket in Row A Seat 10 for 3:00 today posted on Ticketmaster. It hasnt sold and I dont understand why not. Any pointers on how to get it sold before its too late?

I really wish I could go but Im stuck here in California. At least I got to see the Waitress touring show for Christmas.

Groundhog Day in San Francisco
 Dec 5 2019, 01:35:51 PM
Just saw this in SF last night, having not seen it on Broadway.
Fantastic! Ryan Drummond was just about perfect as Phil. I loved the facial expressions he made in reaction to various situations or statements. The perfect take, almost like a cartoon pose frozen just long enough to register. Rinabeth Apostol as Rita had a nice voice.
Loved the near-identical-but-not-quite repeats of incidents. Live drama does this so well. Well worth a visit. Well worth the drive up from San Jose. <

Los Angeles - Last 5 Years
 Jun 17 2019, 06:19:59 AM
Saw this Friday night. I’m so thankful information like this gets disseminated on the message board! So far I’ve been directed to Gypsy in Sacramento, Marie in Seattle and and this show in Los Angeles (I live in San Jose.). What should I see next?

I forgot to keep alert for smells wafting through the performance space and I didn’t actually notice any at all, so no, it was not a distracting gimmick at all. Whatever happened simply enhanced the show almost imperceptibly.

I opt

Pippin
 May 21 2019, 12:41:44 PM
In Pippin, the lyric “It’s hard to believe I’m being led astray by a man who calls me Grannie” used to get a huge laugh when sung by Grannie from Beverly Hillbillies. Nowadays, not so much.
Today's Tennessee Williams' Birthday. What's your favorite quote of his?
 Mar 28 2019, 03:28:37 AM
Do I smell the odor of mendacity?
Hamilton San Francisco
 Feb 20 2019, 10:29:17 PM
Well I guess my nerves have recovered enough to post some impressions of the performance. I am actually sitting in the balcony waiting for Hello Dolly to start as I write this. Busy week, tomorrow is Disney on Ice.

I saw the show once before last time Hamilton was in San Francisco. This time it seemed to start a little more low key, with the orchestra dominating the singers. I expected a greater sense of excitement, “not to say there wasn’t a buzz in the crowd. We did our part!
Hamilton San Francisco
 Feb 16 2019, 02:45:21 AM
No, didn’t see any ushers or theatre employees.or walkers or wheelchairs. Actually, there was a walker in my row I think (I sat in the Accessible row which the box office had opened to general seating) but it must have gotten out fairly quickly because I didn’t see it when I was leaving. I didn’t hear any theater announcements either.
Hamilton San Francisco
 Feb 16 2019, 02:09:59 AM
Yes, I went tonight(Friday). And almost had a heart attack. Right at the end, just as Who Lives, Who dies, Who Tells Your Story started, there was a loud disturbance in right rear orchestra. I was in left orchestra row R and couldn’t hear what was being shouted. But immediately warnings of “Get down! Get down!” Spread through the theater. The cast left the stage and people began crawling out of the theater on their hands and knees, in a panic. Before I got out of the theater a man behind m
Bathtubs Over Broadway
 Dec 18 2018, 10:44:15 AM
Gotta recommend the movie Bathtubs over Broadway. It’s only in San Francisco for a couple days, similarly the film plays a short engagement in many other cities. Who knew that Bock&Harnick and Kander&Ebb wrote industrial musicals?
re: Yodeling in Broadway shows
 Dec 16 2018, 10:13:56 PM
I suppose another latecomer would be “More of Him to Love” from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. With 20 seconds left in the song—“Let’s yodel!”
100 musicals quiz 2018 edition
 Dec 8 2018, 01:22:21 AM
I only got 53%. Mostly because I kept typing and retyping “The Baker’s Wife” and I couldn’t get the quiz to accept it! I know Meadowlark is from The Baker’s Wife!
Shows that should have made it to Broadway, but never did??
 Nov 29 2018, 02:11:24 PM
THe Sting with Harry Connick Jr.
Shows that should have made it to Broadway, but never did??
 Nov 27 2018, 12:18:32 AM
Ever After
Reprints of souvenir programs
 Oct 18 2018, 03:18:22 PM
I got fooled at last night’s performance of Waitress at the Golden Gate Theatre. I bought the souvenir program, which had Sara Bareilles on the cover, unlike the program I had bought on Broadway with Jesse Mueller on the cover. But when I got home, I discovered the interior contents of the two books were absolutely identical. Does this happen often, that the souvenir programs are reprinted or recycled with changes only to the cover?
Gypsy at Music Circus
 Jul 29 2018, 04:45:49 AM

Best and funniest “moo moo moo moo” I’ve heard, and I’ve seen lots (Angela Lansbury’s Gypsy, Tyne Daly, Bernadette Peters, Patti LuPone, Christine Andreas).
Carmello was fantastic and her Rose’s Turn was satisfying, right through the now de rigeur maniacal bowing after the audience has stopped clapping.
Dancing with Herbie (most believable one I’ve seen) was sexiest since Bette Midler. And top notch acting. The audience gasped loudly when sh

shows that wont make it to Jan 15th 2019
 Jul 8 2018, 05:42:40 PM
Soft Power not Soft Powder
2 shows or 1
 Jul 6 2018, 06:00:48 PM
I would consider it two shows. There are two different playbills after all.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You