News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 20806

Member Name: 20806
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

"The rap Hava Nagila is possibly the worst number ever on Broadway."
 Aug 22 2018, 07:15:44 PM

Like a lionesses
Only with less fur
Do not mess with her
She’s the apex predator

[Cady]
At the watering hole
See the girls who weren't nice
Have to scatter like mice
From a jungle cat”

Ah Mean Girls. I was asleep for that one though or I would have noticed how awful it was at the time. It takes a lot of boredom to fall asleep in a show that is amplified at over 100 decibels continuously for a couple of hours. I th

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Reviews
 Aug 18 2018, 08:14:32 PM

Stage Door Sally said: "Other than being initially enthused about a starring role for Mitch Jarvis, I have had no interest in thisshow.But the off stage drama is concerning.

I have gotten a considerable number of emailsfrom Ken Davenport in thepast several weeks - early on his mother was organizing a bus tripfrom Sturbridge, MA to see the show and he was inviting me (and probably everyone else on on his mailing list)to go to Sturbridge and catch the bus. I ignored those. T

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Previews
 Aug 6 2018, 06:17:15 PM
By taking on a producer now after it is presumably fully capitalized this is basically like a priority loan I wonder?
 Aug 3 2018, 07:43:55 PM

This is like a discussion forum where Bergman fans and Adam Sandler fans and Woody Allen fans and Clint Eastwood fans all argue about whose film is more entertaining. I doubt anyone will end up vindicated.

Aug 2 2018, 05:50:22 AM

I didn’t like Mean Girls, I fact I fell asleep in Act 2 and only partially due to jetlag, but it doesn’t freak me out or infuriate me that it seems really popular, or that all the teens were going nuts for it on the night. 

Aug 1 2018, 11:37:43 PM

Having been in the orchestra for Bette Midler and Hamilton for example, and having been to a ton of marginal shows where the whole audience were somehow involved in the production, I’m pretty sure the more expensive the ticket, the more enthusiastic the reception.

Otherwise maybe between posting everything non-negative here, Ken squips the audience each night. There can’t be any other explanation.

Aug 1 2018, 07:32:57 PM

“I will say that the crowd around me cackled like a pack of wild hyenas from start to finish,”

So nearly everyone here absolutely hates it, almost everyone there absolutely loves it?? What’s going on with this show?

Jul 31 2018, 10:08:08 PM

LightsOut90 said: "i too got the email from Davenport where he claims the $50 tickets are a big deal (because theater owners dont allow tickets that low) whut? I see so many shows offer $49 tickets, this is done by end of September and thats being generious"

Whut? I could be wrong, but I think it’s termed “marketing”!

Riedel on Head Over Heels being on thin ice
 Jul 28 2018, 01:04:58 AM

HogansHero said: "@20806 Typically, it would be done through priority loans after as many expenses as possible have been deferred, renegotiated etc. (There is a limit to which this can be done to the extent of union contracts of course.) Honestly, I don't think there is anything to salvage here. I don't think there would have been much of a bump even had the Times review been in line with the (not insubstantial) more positive ones. I don't think we will see the OOTI style

Riedel on Head Over Heels being on thin ice
 Jul 27 2018, 11:48:48 PM

SomethingPeculiar said: "The show really does need an "ambassador" to talk about it in the press, which would be an ideal role for Paltrow. An unflappable champion of the show like Oprah with Color Purple, Rosie with Taboo, or Sting with The Last Ship. Her commitment to something she believes in would look stronger than her hiding from it. (She literally talked about Goop in the NYTimes 3 days ago)

But if the lead producers can't figure out how to market it,

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/22/18
 Jul 25 2018, 04:42:24 PM

I don’t know that I would have been jumping out of my seat to invest in Hamilton at the beginning. I liked the music from the first tim I heard it but was the commercial potential always obvious?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/22/18
 Jul 23 2018, 07:13:54 PM
GTBBT is hardly any different to what you would expect given that all tickets (that were paid for) cost $40 and the house was (apparently) mostly full. See whether they can sell once the deep discounting ends. Which will take a while to happen I suspect.
 Jul 20 2018, 08:51:05 AM

After Eight said: "What ever did New Jersey do to deserve this?

I'm sorry to reportthat this showwas wanting in several important areas:humor, intlligence, taste, craft, and good music and lyrics. It was also one of the ugliest shows to look at in memory --- noCecilBeaton or Oliver Messel designs here.It seemed to try to convey the same vibe of juvenile stupidity and grossness asthat awful movie, The Hangover. A wretched song about a man sleeping with his best friend&#

Jul 20 2018, 08:49:59 AM

WhizzerMarvin said: "LOL, After Eight. I love that you mentioned all that food. There was also the bit where Bart couldn’t find the Buttermilk (gross!) in her fridge to pour on the Fruity Pebbles. And in his Confession he sang about spilling the Lucky Charms she had given him.

My most cringeworthy moment was during the wedding when the rapper said, “When I say ?Matzah’ you say ?balls,’ ?Matzah’ ________ ?Matzah’ __________. Gentiles in t

Jul 20 2018, 12:50:42 AM

Bwayfan292 said: "Based on Instagram reactions people seem more excited to be attending a first preview than the actual
Show.
"

Where? I don’t know anything about hashtags but can’t see it.

Jul 20 2018, 12:01:28 AM

I wonder if it changed much from George St? 

Jul 19 2018, 11:53:55 PM

You thought there was a possibility that the guys in The Full Monty were going to be humiliated and return to poverty in despair? Pretty sure that was always going to be a feel-good story!

Getting the band back together age appropriate
 Jul 19 2018, 08:40:23 PM

Probably not. Check out the first production’s reviews. One character describes his relationship with his friend’s mom, some thrusting etc...

My 14yo daughter has seen everything and anything and would be fine. Depends on the nephews. Personally I’d steer clear if it wasn’t my own kid.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You