News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BLs68

Member Name: BLs68
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

I regret not seeing...  Nov 8 2020, 09:11:07 PM
I regret not seeing... a variety of shows.

As often as I go to NYC, I’ve only seen a handful of different shows. I often repeat shows because 1. I enjoyed it the first time enough to see it a second, third, or more times, and 2. I don’t want to waste money for a show I might not like (plus the $100 round trip train fare hurts more especially if I disliked the show).

That said, at the end of 2019 (say Oct - Dec), I was able to get to NYC 8 times to see 9 shows. 4 of those 9 w

I regret not seeing...  Nov 8 2020, 08:55:16 PM

hicaesar said: "Little Shop of Horrors with Jonathan Groff. I went to see Moulin Rouge on that trip... definitely would have picked Little Shop.”

I had planned to see Little Shop last year with Groff but for some reason didn’t make it. Most likely a train issue. I did see Little Shop this Feb with Gideon Glick who was phenomenal, as was the entire production. I do regret not seeing Groff though. 

Waitress Jar Pie Recipes  Sep 27 2020, 02:02:24 AM

Not a recipe, but I found the baker who made the Waitress pie jars. She does have a shop but nothing listed (could be just because of Covid19 but who knows). She has the pie in a jar and dessert in a jar tabs too. And a few recipes listed too. 

Click here for her website

Unpopular Opinions  Sep 14 2020, 10:54:57 AM

fashionguru_23 said: "After watching the Miscast gala last night, I still don't understand the hype aroundBeanie Feldstein. I feel like she just happened to be around Ben Platt and Jonah Hill and somehow became famous."

I don’t either. But, Beanie Feldstein and Jonah Hill are siblings. And Beanie and Ben Platt are best friends from school age years. She didn’t just meet the two last week and is now famous. She very well could be in a positio

Share the shows you were planning on seeing....this weekend  Sep 5 2020, 07:22:09 AM
September:
Little Shop of Horrors (tomorrow, 9/6)
Hamilton (9/13)
Broadway Flea plus show (9/20)

October:
Hadestown (10/3)
Company (10/24)

November/December:
We were going to Disney World for 10 days starting Black Friday (but now cancelled). We wanted to see the Christmas decorations but we’ll have to wait until next year.

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Sep 4 2020, 08:52:50 PM

AndreyIsntHere said: "Has anyone heard back from Anaïs Mitchell and/or Rachel Chavkin? I sent them letters, both addressed to the Kerr, about a month after the Tonys...I wouldn't expect a response this soon anyway, especially considering that Anaïs has been on tour/vacation outside the US...I'm mostly worried that the letters might've gotten lost somewhere due to the fact that I sent them by the time they stopped frequenting the theatre."

I wrot

If one musical survives 200 years from now  Sep 3 2020, 06:20:37 PM
Little Shop of Horrors
What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show   Aug 29 2020, 08:04:14 PM
The Vampire Diaries - specifically 4x15 to 4x21 when Elena turns off her emotions. For some reason these episodes are my favorite parts of the series. There’s a few other standalone episodes I do love but I don’t remember the numbers.

I’ve been watching a lot of Modern Family. No specific episode but every episode I have seen I’ve loved.

I also have been watching a lot of NatGeo and Smithsonian channel shows.

Thoughts on Theater 5 months into The Shutdown  Aug 29 2020, 07:59:23 PM
I haven’t necessarily been missing theatre but I have been missing the alone time when I take the train to NYC. Between grad school and my job, I’m constantly busy and have almost no time to myself. When I take the train to NYC, I’m alone and have time to relax, reflect, and enjoy the few hours to myself before coming back to reality.

I did go through a phase that I listened to the Little Shop of Horrors recording over and over and over but stopped because I was sad I couldn’t go to NY

What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show   Aug 29 2020, 07:40:20 PM

Huss417 said: "Final episode of Six Feet Under. Perfect!"

Probably the best final episode I’ve ever seen of a series. Parenthood is a very close second. Maybe I just like Peter Krause shows...?

Thoughts on Theater 5 months into The Shutdown  Aug 27 2020, 02:31:34 AM
The virus itself would not stop me from seeing a Broadway show if Broadway reopened tomorrow. What IS stopping me is the reported rising crime rates. It is concerning and often I ask myself is going to NYC worth the risk?

I could be very wrong on this but I do not think the news media is properly reporting on the rising crime rates. I’m not from NYC so I’m relying on whatever the national news stations report on. And from what I’m seeing is that they are just reporting a very broad sta

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 5 2020, 10:45:54 PM

BLs68 said: "Very much looking forward to watching this later today!!

Hamilton was the one show I wanted to see this year. Was supposed to go in April and September, but had the opportunity to go in early February. Had I known, I would have seen it in February. Planning for Hamilton to be the first show I see when everything opens up next year.
"

Finally able to watch it today (actually finishing it now.. Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Sto

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 3 2020, 12:08:39 PM
Very much looking forward to watching this later today!!

Hamilton was the one show I wanted to see this year. Was supposed to go in April and September, but had the opportunity to go in early February. Had I known, I would have seen it in February. Planning for Hamilton to be the first show I see when everything opens up next year.

How much will you be willing to spend on theatre post closure  Jun 29 2020, 07:27:48 PM
I probably will spend more money on a good orchestra seat and see a show once. Not in the premium section but maybe a few rows back from there.
The Moment You Became A BWAY Fan  Jun 14 2020, 06:19:03 PM
Seeing the Once On This Island revival in 2018. It was the first show I truly loved and enjoyed seeing.
Your First Broadway Show  Jun 14 2020, 05:46:59 PM

Esther2 said: "First show on Broadway was Chicago in March 1976 from the first row of the mezzanine (I believe the tickets cost $15.50)."

That’s what I paid for Chicago in 2010! But was a significantly discounted bus trip and show through my college. If I paid full price, it would have been closer to $200 for the bus and show ticket. 

Your First Broadway Show  Jun 14 2020, 12:46:59 AM
My first Broadway show was Chicago in 2010. I hated it. To this day I still have trouble explaining why I hated it so much.
Your First Broadway Show  Jun 14 2020, 12:14:24 AM

bwaylvsong said: "@JuneJune the timeline in your memory doesn’t line up- there was no Manhattan location of Junior’s until around 2007, the year that“Beauty” closed."

According to the Junior’s website, the  Shubert Alley/45th St location opened in 2006. It doesn’t provide an opening date. Just the year. Beauty and the Beast closed July 2007. 

Tickets Refunds  Apr 20 2020, 07:55:09 AM
My refund for American Buffalo posted to my account yesterday. This was for 6/7 performance and was cancelled with the most recent announcement. I do plan on purchasing another ticket but I’m waiting to see their plans for this show (cancel, move to fall, short run this summer).
Tickets Refunds  Apr 17 2020, 07:18:42 PM

JayElle said: "

Tickets only on sale for American Buffalo thru mid-July when it was supposed to end. Wonder if they'll postpone or just dump it."

I had the option to exchange instead of refund. But idk if it will even open. If it does and doesn’t extend, it will only be a 6 week run. I opted for a refund and I’ll buy a new ticket when it does open. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You