News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Moneyspider

Member Name: Moneyspider
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What showtune is Romney singing today?
 Nov 7 2012, 09:35:14 AM
I dreamed a dream.
Rob Ashford to direct stage adaptation of Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland'.
 Mar 17 2012, 07:41:42 PM
Only interested if they stop with the coding. I'm sure Alice was boring if you read it as a Titanic rehash.
Broadway casting for
 Feb 23 2012, 10:34:02 AM
Act 1 number "Your Dream is My Dream Now", which means you have to cast Gwen too.
Finally There's An All White Version Of HAIRSPRAY!
 Feb 3 2012, 02:51:31 AM
This brings me back to the Hairspray doll line. Supposedly, there were production delays with Seaweed that didn't get resolved before the line tanked but it looked bad that these dolls shipped in any all white assortment to begin with. Totally misses the point and, man, when I think of what was being offered in the HSM line around the same time... Disney and Mattel were a lot bolder there.

Anyway, I wonder if racebending knows of this production... Lol

Twilight the musical
 Jan 23 2012, 09:11:23 PM
If it mocks the ideology of Twilight, I'm all for it. "the Mormon boy is your best bet, use feminism to insist on carrying the baby no matter what. Marry right outta high school, not like me haha, the Pope just wants you to be a nun or breakfast, if you are a lesbian marry a guy just cuz and you'll be soulmates and yeah you won't really mind he's scoping out everything female."
Les Miserables Movie: Nudity?
 Jan 18 2012, 12:01:16 AM
No nudity until Stars, at which point Javert disrobes as he sings.
Is this rude/bad etiquette?
 Jan 14 2012, 12:55:25 AM
Welllll....
Which Lady Would You Like to Play Eponine in the LES MIS Movie?
 Dec 3 2011, 12:58:15 PM
Given how Valjean mistoke Eponine for a boy, I think they should just go there. How badass would a Benjamin Walker Eponine be?
Nightmare before christmas on Broadway?
 Nov 29 2011, 11:19:55 PM
Here's how Jack and Sally look at Disney parks: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2008/09/23/jack-skellington-and-sally-arrive-in-paris/

I also wonder if a Bway show would be greenlit if the movie can't get its own year-round ride in the parks.

Your Most Hated Musical
 Nov 15 2011, 08:36:21 PM
High School Musical has a stage version, so it applies. What I hate about it is how steeped it is in precode, window gayness, bad music and produced a tie-in doll in drag.
How to Succeed hits 250th Performance!
 Nov 7 2011, 05:56:07 PM
Ginny's moved on before and has excellent prospects, being a cute sporty redhead with a sense of humor. Kurt sulks but eventually takes up with Colin Creevey.
Kingsley, Malone, Sands to star in A DOLL'S HOUSE film
 Nov 3 2011, 11:11:44 PM
In order to be set today, I'd think you'd have to have something like a conservative religious backdrop.
New Poll: What Animated Disney Classic Do You Want to See on Broadway Next?
 Oct 29 2011, 01:04:07 PM
I doubt we'd see SotS unless they went more into "Wind Done Gone" terrain- with Uncle Remus and the grandmother having the same father and Remus going into politics at the end, thus reflecting historical Reconstruction.

But Story of Menstruation would be the most offensive, I'd think.

3 Caballeros would be fun, but my all-time favorite is the Gargoyles tv show.

New Poll: What Non-Animated Disney Movie Do You Want to See on Broadway Nex
 Oct 21 2011, 09:15:04 PM
Country Bears had some pretty good original songs but in order to justify a Broadway version, I think they need to move from subtext to an actual gay preteen.
Gender Blind Casting?
 Oct 11 2011, 11:23:52 AM
I imagine there's a better term for this, but what about the Samantha type- a female character written more like a gay man?
Who does NOT love GLEE?
 Sep 30 2011, 12:47:24 AM
I'm hoping its success mean we stop getting "gay if you want, metrosexual if not" characters.
New Poll: What Musical Would You Like to See Get GLEE Treatment Next?
 Sep 30 2011, 12:42:08 AM
Zanna Don't

New Poll: What Musical Would You Like to See Get GLEE Treatment Next?
 Sep 30 2011, 12:41:59 AM
Zanna Don't

Phantom Injuries?
 Sep 22 2011, 10:00:30 PM
Not Phantom but Sierra was switched out for the second act when I saw Little Mermaid
DROWSY CHAPERONE film: Georrey Rush to star with Schepisi directing
 Sep 17 2011, 02:39:28 PM
You know, if the Grindr date was the guy from Mystery Science Theatre,...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You