News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatregeek25

Member Name: theatregeek25
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE -- Standing Room Line Question  Apr 30 2024, 08:51:34 AM

Thanks for responding.  I've done standing room at Circle in the Square 3 times over the years -- for Metamorphoses in 2003, for Fun Home in 2015, and for Oklahoma! in 2019.  My recollection is that there were 24 standing spots when I saw Oklahoma! 5 years ago.  There were so many walkouts during Act One, everyone was re-seated in various open seats for the 2nd act.  I ended up sittin

Death Becomes Her and restaurant question  Apr 30 2024, 08:28:28 AM

That's a tough question to answer, and I'm not exactly an expert.  I live in Morton Grove just north of Chicago's Edison Park area.  My partner and I frequently drive to downtown Chicago to see the pre-Broadway shows.  We have tickets for Death Becomes Her on May 21st.

Most of the restaurants near the Cadillac Palace close by 10:00 PM on a Saturday night.  Your best bet would be to walk (or take an Uber) about a mile and a half west by

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE -- Standing Room Line Question  Apr 26 2024, 02:44:15 PM

I will be making a trip to New York for 9 days from June 18 through 26.  I hope to see An Enemy of the People via the standing room line, probably on Wed., June 19.   Does anyone know how many SR tickets are available for each performance?  What time do people start lining up?  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow  Apr 14 2024, 12:13:16 PM

I saw the Steppenwolf production on 7/05/2018 with Sandra Marquez and Ora Jones.  Solid little play, just one act.  Interesting, but sort of slight for Broadway.  Reminds me of another Chicago play A Steady Rain, which ended up on Broadway with two major stars, Jackman and Craig.

BTW, Marquez and Jones had actually been roommates in real life before being cast in the Steppenwolf production.

Is Patti playing Sharon or Robyn?

Merrily We Roll Along -- End of June Scheduled Absences?  Apr 8 2024, 12:55:59 PM

I'm planning a trip for the end of June and want to see Merrily again.  Does anyone know if the 3 leads have scheduled absences from June 25 through July 2?  I can't find anything on the Hudson website.

DEAD OUTLAW -- Rush Ticket Question  Mar 21 2024, 12:21:45 PM

It seems impossible to get a rush ticket for this show via Today Tix.  I've tried dozens of times at exactly 9:00 AM and always come up empty.  Does anyone know if Minetta Lane also offers in-person rush tickets for Dead Outlaw?

KIMBERLY AKIMBO -- Running Time?  Feb 28 2024, 01:39:12 PM

Thanks.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO -- Running Time?  Feb 28 2024, 11:30:21 AM

What's the running time of Kimberly Akimbo?

OH MARY! -- In Person Rush/Standby?  Feb 28 2024, 11:28:07 AM

Thank you.

OH MARY! -- In Person Rush/Standby?  Feb 27 2024, 04:20:23 PM

Is this an actual rush line or a cancelation line?  Has anyone tried it?  Any luck?

The digital rush is pretty hard to win.

Kimberly Akimbo -- Victoria Clark's Schedule  Feb 6 2024, 10:59:56 AM

Does Victoria Clark have a set schedule?  Specifically, does she do the 7:00 PM Sunday shows?

Vacation Dates For Daniel Radcliffe and Jonathan Groff?  Feb 2 2024, 12:57:47 PM

Thank you.

Vacation Dates For Daniel Radcliffe and Jonathan Groff?  Feb 2 2024, 11:25:26 AM

What are the scheduled vacation dates for Jonathan Groff and Daniel Radcliffe in MERRILY?  I've seen them posted somewhere, but I can't find them.

GUTENBERG! How Early for Rush Tickets?  Jan 6 2024, 02:24:25 PM

I decided to play it safe yesterday morning.  Got to the JEJ Theatre at 7:55 AM and was 4th in line.  I ended up getting the very last rush ticket, which was an excellent seat.  The girl behind me got a standing room ticket.

Last night's show was totally sold out.  Rannells and Gad have incredible chemistry.  Very funny show.  I couldn't stop laughing.  Great experience for the price of a rush ticket.

Spamalot Rush Line -- What Time?  Dec 30 2023, 08:56:46 AM

Thanks, BWW posters for your replies.

Spamalot Rush Line -- What Time?  Dec 29 2023, 11:58:53 AM

How early are people getting in line for the rush tickets?  Is 9:00 AM too late on a Wednesday?

GUTENBERG! How Early for Rush Tickets?  Dec 27 2023, 11:12:13 AM

Thanks, BWW posters!

GUTENBERG! How Early for Rush Tickets?  Dec 27 2023, 10:08:09 AM

I'll be in New York next week for 4 days, Jan. 2nd through the 5th.  Will probably try to get a rush ticket for Gutenberg! on Friday, Jan. 5.  Anyone here do the rush line recently?  Is 9:00 AM early enough?  Or 8:30 AM to be safe?

APPROPRIATE -- Rush Question  Dec 21 2023, 09:41:56 AM

I've tried the Today Tix digital rush several times and it seems impossible.  Playbill doesn't mention it, but has anyone here been able to get a general rush ticket for Appropriate at the box office?

Covenant @ Roundabout  Dec 21 2023, 09:32:48 AM

I caught the matinee of Covenant on Sun., 11/19 via the standby line.  Intense, riveting play.  The wait in line on a cold, blustery day was definitely worth it.  I'm from the Chicago area and expect that Covenant will get a local production within the next few seasons.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You