News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for song_mage31

Member Name: song_mage31
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jersey Boys.....They stopped the show and replaced JLY!!!!!
 Aug 5 2006, 06:15:29 PM
I bet he went home to rest or something.

I feel bad for him though...he's missed so many shows because of being sick, and that really bites when you're a performer who loves to do what you do.

Still, though, I would like to see Michael as Frankie...I've only heard good things! But I'd miss him as Joe Pesci. Who does play him when Michael's on for JLY?

re: Daniel Reichard Love Thread
 Jul 31 2006, 04:11:29 PM
I think he's the cutest of the bunch...close race, but he won!

And Cry for Me is my favorite song of the show...he's just incredible. I can't wait to see what he does next (as long as he doesn't leave JB before I see it again in March!!)

re: Have you ever...
 Jul 31 2006, 04:08:51 PM
I second Stitch about not realizing that Inigo was Mandy Patinkin...but it was a fun realization!

umm, I don't know if this counts, but I saw all sorts of CCM kids (Ashley Brown, Ben Magnuson) now on Broadway in college shows.

re: Songs from shows that *tear* at your heart-strings.
 Jul 31 2006, 04:01:15 PM
not quite Broadway, but Make Our Garden Grow from Candide.
re: Michael Longoria in Jersey Boys Tonight
 Jul 31 2006, 03:56:34 PM
^ agreed. and while it's always a little disheartening to see little slips of paper come out of your playbill, I've had times where, according to people who'd seen the show before, the u/s was better than the regular performer. I'm not saying that JLY didn't deserve the Tony (because I completely think he did)but honestly, give it a rest. The man is a wonderful performer, but even wonderful performers get sick. You take that risk when you buy tickets, and there's nothing the actor or the pro
re: Sweeney Todd is closing
 Jul 30 2006, 09:03:10 PM
When I saw it the theatre wasn't too full, so yes I kind of assumed it would close soon...but it's such a good show. I hope it tours to Cincy!
 Jul 30 2006, 08:51:19 PM
^^ I didn't even think of that side of it, but definitely!
also, Make Me Happy from Lippa's Wild Party...I don't know, that one just gets me.

ha
 Jul 30 2006, 08:49:04 PM
I just started a thread like this one without knowing about it...but everything I could've wanted (and some!) is all here! But all the quotes I know are already posted...any more?
favorite Jersey Boys lines?
 Jul 30 2006, 06:31:51 PM
just listening to the album and trying to remember all I can about the show...what are your favorite lines, obscure or not?
 Jul 30 2006, 06:30:15 PM
It's Hard to Speak my Heart- Parade; I did this with a friend of mine and was crying at the keyboard by the end
Fallen Angel- Jersey Boys; JLY can act a song like no other.
Boom, Boom- Elegies; another one that I was an absolute mess in the theatre
...most of Elegies, actually
Hear My Song- Songs for a New World

re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
 Jul 28 2006, 03:21:37 PM
Agreed, Fosse but still...sad to think that he won't be in any other shows for a while.

Idina had film experience before Ask the Dust though...and she's come back to the stage, so who knows.

re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
 Jul 28 2006, 03:11:17 PM
anyone know what the rest of the article says?

and I take it this means he'll definitely be leaving Jersey Boys once his contract is up?

re: Ashley Brown....
 Jul 21 2006, 05:59:31 PM
hopefully I'll be able to get to the city to see her as Mary...I miss simply being able to go to CCM and see her perform in shows there! She's incredibly talented!
re: Broadway Songs You Listen To Several Times A Day.
 Jul 16 2006, 04:08:23 PM
the whole Jersey Boys album (Cry for Me especially...anyone else love that song?)

Moving Too Fast - L5Y

title track (and overture, actually) from Light in the Piazza

Nobody's Side- Chess

most of Songs for a New World

re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
 Jul 16 2006, 03:52:10 PM
well, for starters, we built a big set... :)

It was kind of a work-shop esque show...our directors wanted to do it so other high schools might get the chance, so they lobbied for it (I don't know how) and we did it. I don't know how it will play out with other schools, but it was incredibly fun to put on.

re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
 Jul 16 2006, 03:27:20 PM
Well, my high school's show last year was Starlight Express...so, as bad as some of the songs are, I guess that would be mine.
actors benefit version of chess
 Feb 6 2005, 06:09:46 PM
hi-
i wasnt able to attend this, but im curious to know if there was any cd (bootleg or not :0) made of the performance. if you know of anything, please email me song_mage31@yahoo.com

thanks so much

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You