News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AndiV

AndiV Profile Photo
Member Name: AndiV
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Stage Door Question for Tonight
 May 18 2006, 02:03:17 PM
hi!

i am not a stalker. :)

i have some friends in from out of town who are going to see Three Days Of Rain tonight.

Where is the stage door located for the Benard B Jacobs Theater?

thanks so much!

heather

i have two extra Three Days Of Rain Tix...
 May 11 2006, 06:01:56 PM
hi!

i have two extra tickets to Three Days Of Rain for next Thursday, May 18th. if you are interested, PM me...just want face value for them, plus the ticket charge.

they are front mezzanine.

thanks!

re: Three Days Of Rain
 Mar 20 2006, 02:47:38 PM
first off...sorry for not searching more closely.

secondly...i was just asking out of curousity...but this discussion has turned intersting! with my PR/marketing background in music...i find this facisnating!!

thanks!

Three Days Of Rain
 Mar 20 2006, 01:30:15 PM
i've been looking at Craigslist and Ebay and NO ONE is bidding on these tickets or they are mostly selling at face value...and there are a TON of them. what gives? is it just too early in the game for the frenzy to start? i figured this would be so hard to get tickets to!

what do you all think?

re: DRS Stage Door
 Feb 24 2006, 04:29:04 PM
my experience is that Joanna does come out, but when i've seen her, she's been "hidden" by coats or scarves or hats or something. she stands in the middle of the crowd and no one even notices her. i did...but i didn't say anything to her. i just watched as everyone walked by her and toward the stage door as she looked for and found her driver and left. it was funny to watch.
re: 'Miscast' benefit--what exactly do they do
 Feb 23 2006, 11:11:07 AM
wow---yeah---bummer!
re: 'Miscast' benefit--what exactly do they do
 Feb 23 2006, 10:59:57 AM
when is the Miscast benefit?
Up-Tempo Songs for Ballad Heavy Belter...
 Feb 2 2006, 10:25:30 AM
i have an audition coming up for Merrily We Roll Along requesting:

"two emotionally contrasting songs which can be from any Sondheim show, including MERRILY, or other composers."

my voice teacher has me working on "Not A Day Goes By," so i am trying to come up with an emotional contrast to that. my book is pretty ballad heavy, so i need some up-tempo songs anyway.

thoughts, anyone?? :)

re: Jessica Simpson on Broadway?!
 Feb 1 2006, 01:13:36 PM
Jessica Simpson isn't Catholic.
re: Jessica Simpson on Broadway?!
 Jan 31 2006, 11:34:39 AM
Just throwing my two cents in...

1. i saw Jessica in concert about 2 years ago and was blown away. i don't know if my expecations were low or what, but she knocked the ball out of the park a million times over.
2. she'd have to get past that breathy pop style of singing, but she has it in her to do so.
3. she would never be up for a Tony or hailed as a great actress, but i think with some training and the right role, she wouldn't be bad.
4. i'd go see her...Christina Agulier

re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
 Jan 20 2006, 01:08:49 PM
you worked with Mary?? SOOO jealous!

thanks for the well wishes...this audition came from that Boston Open Call back in August...i TOTALLY wasn't expecting it, so i'm just going to go in and do my best. what more can i do right? but they want a pop song that shows range...so i'll definately need my belt to be in peak performance position! :)

AND, thanks to all you guys, it looks like it will be!!!

re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
 Jan 20 2006, 12:19:20 PM
hi everyone, and thanks SOOO much for the advice.

with the combo of lots of fluids, COLD-EZE, rest and antibiotics (these things tend to go into ear infections for me) i am feeling a TON better...about 90%, actually, and i still have 4 days until d-day!

thanks for the help!! at least now if i blow the audition, it can't be blamed on poor health!! :)

Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
 Jan 19 2006, 11:13:46 AM
hi!

i have an audition with a New York casting company next Tuesday afternoon, and the day i got the call i came down with a cold (go figure!)!!

i am drinking water, resting and sucking down airborne...but was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to reduce the duration of a cold!

HELP! and THANKS!

re: Vocal Coaches
 Jan 18 2006, 02:05:32 PM
Nancy Evers is a great voice teacher and very affordable. PM if you want contact info...
re: If You Were Auditioning For...
 Dec 29 2005, 02:14:53 PM
i am aware that it depends. i am not just looking for personal suggestions (which is why i said in the post that i would like to hear thoughts for all rolls). this is a hypothetical question to get ideas and learn how different people view different shows.
If You Were Auditioning For...
 Dec 29 2005, 01:49:57 PM
I have a hard time picking songs. So this is my question...if you were auditioning for:

1. Rent
2. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
3. Camelot
4. Company

...what songs would you choose?

or...choose a different show, just include what show it is in your post.

(i personally am looking for female soprano/belter recs, but i'd love to hear all responses!)

thanks! :o)

re: Who would you like to sound like?
 Dec 20 2005, 10:44:12 AM
and if i were a guy?

michael arden or norbert leo butz!

raul would be a close third. :)

re: Today's Birthdays 12/20
 Dec 19 2005, 11:28:11 PM
it's my birthday too
re: Who would you like to sound like?
 Dec 19 2005, 11:23:47 PM
my voice...with the versatility of idina menzel and the range of Sherie Rene Scott.
re: if you were auditioning for merrily...
 Dec 19 2005, 12:50:44 PM
great ideas!

beth is who i would expect to be cast as (if i were cast)...so those songs are great ideas.

anymore thoughts? for gussie-esque songs maybe?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You