DRS Stage Door

vivs678
#0DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 1:22pm

... was disappointing.
NLB wasn't in last night's performance and only Jonathan Pryce and Gregory Jbara came out. None of the women...

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#1re: DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 1:27pm

so, the whole show sucked cause one guy was out and only two actors came out? what about the ensemble people? and how was Norbert's understudy? how was the whole show?

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

vivs678
#2re: DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 1:29pm

no, the show was great... a very good time.
the stage door was disappointing. it was cold and a bunch of people were waiting for a long time before the guy told us no one else was coming out.
the u/s for norbert was actually really good. very funny, good voice.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#3re: DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 1:44pm

well, it was cold and Joanna never comes out.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

ashley0139
#4re: DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 3:15pm

ummm.... ok.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#5re: DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 4:25pm

Joanna does come out of the stage door but infrequently. She was coming out more when it was warmer, but with it being so cold in ny no one is really coming out of the DRS stage door.

I saw it last weekend and thankfully got down there early enough to catch Norbert who came out for 2 secs and ran back in. Rachel York came out and started to walk away but I asked her to sign my playbill and was EXTREMEly friendly and signed. Jonathan Price also came out, signed very quickly with his own pen and ran to his SUV waiting to take him away. Otherwise no one really came out of the stage door.

But it was ok I got to meet Rachel York which was really cool, and most of my reasoning for stage dooring the show anyway.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

AndiV Profile Photo
AndiV
#6re: DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 4:29pm

my experience is that Joanna does come out, but when i've seen her, she's been "hidden" by coats or scarves or hats or something. she stands in the middle of the crowd and no one even notices her. i did...but i didn't say anything to her. i just watched as everyone walked by her and toward the stage door as she looked for and found her driver and left. it was funny to watch.

So long status quo/ I think I just let go/ You make me want to be/ BRAVE

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#7re: DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 5:38pm

Joanna actually made a rare stage door appearance on Tuesday night. There were only a couple of us there, and she was really sweet, signing and taking pictures.

Was your understudy for the performance Jason Gillman or Joe Cassidy?

I'm just...not...gonna get in the whole stage door argument.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Marguerite Chauvelin
#8re: DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 5:44pm

Is there usually a big stagedoor crowd? I'm seeing DRS in April.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#9re: DRS Stage Door
Posted: 2/24/06 at 5:54pm

Lately there hasn't been as a bit of a side effect of the construction around the Richard Rodgers theatre, but there's no way to know for sure. At one point a school came out of the show and stood by the stage door before boarding the bus, which made it packed! But those circumstances aside, it really hasn't been too crowded lately.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Videos