Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!

AndiV Profile Photo
AndiV
#0Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 11:13am

hi!

i have an audition with a New York casting company next Tuesday afternoon, and the day i got the call i came down with a cold (go figure!)!!

i am drinking water, resting and sucking down airborne...but was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to reduce the duration of a cold!

HELP! and THANKS!

So long status quo/ I think I just let go/ You make me want to be/ BRAVE

Fosse76
#1re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 11:26am

LOT'S of fluids, like water and gatorade. Also, wash your hands a lot. As soon as your glass is empty, refill it. What you end up doing is flushing your system out, so if you are taking any cold medecine it really helps you get better a lot faster.

dramaparoxysm23 Profile Photo
dramaparoxysm23
#2re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 11:30am

Advil Cold & Sinus and lots of water and hot tea. :) I have a cold, too, and these are what get me through the day. Washing your hands often and getting plenty of rest (as much as possible!!) are good ideas too.

Get well soon and break a leg at your audition!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I remember days
Or at least I try
But as years go by
They're sort of haze
And the bluest ink
Isn't really sky
And at times I think
I would gladly die
For a day of sky

And Starbucks will use the words 'large' and 'small', not pretentious crap like grande and tall.
"You could get away with anything if you call it art and tell people who don't like it that it's cutting edge culture." --vmlinnie
Updated On: 1/19/06 at 11:30 AM

#3re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 12:20pm

COLD-EEZE

COLD-EEZE

COLD-EEZE

http://www.coldeeze.com/

you can find it most anywhere...it helped me rid a cold in record time.

TheOneAndOnly
#4re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 12:43pm

ZICAM, go RIGHT NOW to Rite Aid and buy either the mouth spray or the nose gel.

Learn more at www.zicam.com

The sooner you start it, the better. No joke, it could literally make the difference between still being sick and being completely healed by the time of your audition.

Barihunk Profile Photo
Barihunk
#5re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 12:44pm

The active ingredient in COLDEZE is zinc. Most "medicines" (cold and sinus medications- Advil, Tylenol what have you) alleviate symptoms. Zinc is thought to actually attack the cold virus itself. Zinc lozenges are sold widely in many drug stores - COLDEZE is the gluconate form. Personally, I don't like all that sugar, so I use regular old zinc lozenges in the acetate form. If you use the lozenges in either form, force fluids and SLEEP- you should be good to go in three days.

"When you're a gay man, you have to feel good about yourself when a urologist says, "Yeah. I pick you". - Happy Endings

NJgirl
#6re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 12:46pm

my friend whos a pharmacist swears by ZICAM

Barihunk Profile Photo
Barihunk
#7re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 12:57pm

Again the active ingredient in Zicam - ZINC. Zicam is great too - I find the spray to be a little intense though. It also drips which is gross... but yes, zinc zinc zinc

"When you're a gay man, you have to feel good about yourself when a urologist says, "Yeah. I pick you". - Happy Endings

IWannaDance! Profile Photo
IWannaDance!
#8re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 8:00pm

I agree with the Zicam folks. It's amazing.

SweetQintheLights
#9re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 8:02pm

Zicam is LIFE SAVING! I am not kidding!

Mr. Zicam- or whoever invented that is my hero

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
Updated On: 1/19/06 at 08:02 PM

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#10re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 8:48pm

Cold fx ia a form of N. A. Gingsing ecinoids that has been proven effective for fast cold tx. Should be avail in U.S. too.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#11re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/19/06 at 9:03pm

As usual, SingingBackup is right...COLD-EZE is the ticket...DO NOT get the generic version because the lozenges taste like crap.

Cold-Eze is the only zinc lozenge with a patented zinc-glucose formulation so it's the only zinc lozenge that does not have a metallic aftertaste.Their gum is even better tasting than the lozenge.

I swear by the stuff. I have a package at home and at work at all times...It really works.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

AndiV Profile Photo
AndiV
#12re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/20/06 at 12:19pm

hi everyone, and thanks SOOO much for the advice.

with the combo of lots of fluids, COLD-EZE, rest and antibiotics (these things tend to go into ear infections for me) i am feeling a TON better...about 90%, actually, and i still have 4 days until d-day!

thanks for the help!! at least now if i blow the audition, it can't be blamed on poor health!! :)

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#13re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/20/06 at 12:43pm

Break a leg AndiV--let us know how it goes!

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

BrookArtsCenter Profile Photo
BrookArtsCenter
#14re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/20/06 at 12:45pm

Just started using Zicam this year (the nose gel spray) and it works great. Once every four hours and the cold is gone in one to three days.

Love your pic of Mary, by the way. I did a show with her more than a few years ago and love her.

-------------------- Brook Arts Center closed due to flooding from April 2007 Nor'easter. Watch www.brookarts.org for more info.

AndiV Profile Photo
AndiV
#15re: Need To Get Over A Cold FAST!!!
Posted: 1/20/06 at 1:08pm

you worked with Mary?? SOOO jealous!

thanks for the well wishes...this audition came from that Boston Open Call back in August...i TOTALLY wasn't expecting it, so i'm just going to go in and do my best. what more can i do right? but they want a pop song that shows range...so i'll definately need my belt to be in peak performance position! :)

AND, thanks to all you guys, it looks like it will be!!!

Videos