News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Profile Photo
Member Name: WhiteRabbit
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Piece the musical - Shoshana Bean singing 'Home'
 Aug 30 2005, 09:53:31 PM
OMG Pinguin, that is just what I thought when I first heard "Home" but I really loved 90's Mariah Carey, and definitely like "Home"
Wicked Sit-Down
 Mar 15 2005, 11:52:05 AM
I saw Kristoffer Cussick as Fiyero in NY and thought he was really good, far better than Joey in my opinion.

Stephaniethestar: Do you have any idea of other potential leads? Also, any idea what theatre it is at? Little Shop of Horrors comes a week after Wicked and is at the Ford Center for the Performing Arts until July 3rd.

Wicked Sit-Down
 Mar 15 2005, 09:53:53 AM
Oh I'm not doubting if it is real. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything else about Wicked doing a sit down production in Chicago? Or if I was completely misreading the casting call?
re: If you could choose one...
 Mar 15 2005, 01:54:43 AM
I dunno, I'd go with Mark's scarf... and Mimi's blue pants.
Wicked in Chicago
 Mar 15 2005, 01:41:01 AM
I read on this board that there were a lot of rumors of a sit down in Chicago after the tour left and I saw that there was a casting call for Wicked auditions in Chicago. It stated that it was not for Broadway and not a tour. Here is the link: http://web.actorsequity.org/CastingSearch/browse_notice.asp?NoticeID=5322&NoticeType=1

I was wondering if anyone else knew if this was true or if that is what this audition call is for?

re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
 Mar 9 2005, 07:13:59 PM
She looks great as Elphaba... and what's up with the Boq hat anyway, I find it so annoying. Yay for Saycon!
re: Is Kelly Osbourne Getting Ready For Hairpsray?
 Mar 8 2005, 09:13:33 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=841329&dt=030805042724

They said it wasn't true here, so unless something changed...

re: Why do we 'turn' on the most popular shows?
 Mar 8 2005, 08:54:50 PM
"I usually notice it coming from people who believe that their *opinion* of a show should be documented as fact - and they can't get over the fact that a show they despise is liked by so many. They act as if the people that like the show have no taste or can't recognize good theater, which is such a pompous view."

I'm actually gonna have to agree with Becky on that. Alot of the backlash on these boards at least is like that. The over enthusiastic fans do get annoying but that in no way

re: please go see brooklyn if you already havent
 Mar 8 2005, 08:42:27 PM
Wait, so if Brooklyn does bad this week, or month it will close? Just not understanding the important week for Brooklyn stuff.

I haven't actually seen it because I don't live in New York. I was gonna see it on my last trip when I found out Bare(my first choice) wasn't gonna open but ended up getting tickets to Wicked. I'm not a fan of the cast recording so I won't be too upset if it closes and the talented actors/actresses get to go find a better show to showcase their talent.

re: Whoa! Broadway.com says Stephanie Block got injured in rehearsal
 Mar 8 2005, 08:27:03 PM
O.K. Quick question. So I read two things:

"[Block] is experiencing muscle spasms which are preventing her from performing," a production spokesperson said. "Ms. Block is expected to return in a few days."

and then the statement from Scott Alan's site. I was just wondering if Broadway.com was just down playing what happened or if something was exaggerated?

McShoSlut: It would be expected that they would have understudies ready to go on, but you have to remember that th

Wicked Tour and SJB ?
 Mar 8 2005, 07:44:29 PM
Does anyone know what kind of injury?

::Edit:: Sorry about that, I didn't realize that the other thread was about this.

re: What was the first cast recording you bought?
 Mar 2 2005, 05:35:37 PM
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with Donnie Osmond back when I was in 4th grade.
re: Constantine
 Mar 2 2005, 05:33:21 PM
I saw him in Rent in Chicago. He was really bad in Rent. His singing was a little flat, and his acting was very overdramatic. He performed it more like a concert than a musical. Also I was really bugged by the fact that he kept tossing his hair, especially during "Your Eyes". He has definately made an improvement since I saw him in Rent. He just didn't fit in as Roger, and American Idol works alot better for his style.
re: Currently Listening to?
 Mar 2 2005, 12:27:06 AM
The Wild Party.... The Life of the Party is some quality Idina
re: Who Do You Think Is Amazing?
 Feb 28 2005, 04:17:35 PM
Since October I have been obssesed with Shoshana Bean, so I'm gonna have to go with her!
re: GOOD VIBRATIONS review by Munk
 Feb 22 2005, 12:36:58 PM
Munk: love the avatar

Also, I'd have to agree with Munk on Good Vibrations. I just can;t stand the whole jukebox musical thing, but this is by far the worst. As if the ticket sales don't prove that on their own.

re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
 Feb 18 2005, 12:28:24 AM
I saw him in Rent and he was a little over dramatic in the role. It was kinda bad.
re: Ben Vereen will be The Wizard in WICKED and Megan Hilty may be Glinda
 Feb 15 2005, 12:01:51 PM
I thought JLT was amazing in the role, and it'd be awesome if she extended, but if she doesn't it isn't the end of the world either. As for Sean McCourt as the wizard... When I last saw it all these people were hoping he'd go on for George Hearn because he was appearently amazing in that part. Also George Hearn left a lot to be desired and didn't even hit some of the wizards higher notes when I saw him.
re: When MAMMA MIA fills more seats than AVENUE Q - something is wrong in t
 Feb 15 2005, 11:57:03 AM
I like ABBA but am not impressed with Mamma Mia. I will admit it sounds way better live than on the cast recording, but it just never impressed me. None of the jukebox musicals have. I will admit that Mamma Mia is the best of the jukebox musicals though.
re: When MAMMA MIA fills more seats than AVENUE Q - something is wrong in t
 Feb 15 2005, 01:11:47 AM
I'm not a fan of Mamma Mia, but it is still doing good on B-way. It isn't helping my argument that jukebox musicals aren't good. Well Good Vibrations is down at 53.4% so that is saying something.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You