News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Playbill

Playbill Profile Photo
Member Name: Playbill
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: we will rock you
 Sep 11 2004, 12:42:58 PM
I also saw it in London about a year or so ago. It was without a doubt one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I thought Tony Vincent was horrible! BUT, if you like shows like Mamma Mia (I didn't like this one either) or Tonight's the Night (even worse than WWRY, in my opinion) or Movin' Out, etc. you may enjoy this one.
re: My poor ears.
 Jun 6 2004, 10:34:20 PM
Geez, I thought this was one of the few good performances tonight...
re: BOY FROM OZ gets more time than other musicals to perform?
 Jun 6 2004, 10:13:26 PM
Whoa. He does things like this at the show??!! Can you elaborate? I don't want him to pull a SJP on me :)
Hugh...WOW!
 Jun 6 2004, 08:36:02 PM
Wow!! This is the first time I've seen Hugh perform. Now I just have to see Boy from Oz!!!
"Stalking" actors
 Jun 5 2004, 09:48:49 AM
Okay. I'm not actually stalking a performer. But I do go to every show he is in, even if it means going across the country. I rarely go to the stagedoor to meet him, because I'm actually more interested in just seeing him perform. Do you think this is crazy?? And do you think the peformer gets freaked out about it??
re: What to see?
 May 26 2004, 10:09:57 PM
Phantom of the Opera
Thoroughly Modern Millie
The Boy from Oz

What kind of shows do you like??

Sly Fox - stage door
 May 26 2004, 10:07:14 PM
I'm going to see Sly Fox and wanted to know how difficult it is to meet the actors at the stage door??

Thanks!

LSOH Stagedoor
 May 12 2004, 10:21:41 PM
I just saw Little Shop and was surprised to be the only one waiting at the stagedoor! Everyone came out right away. Hunter Foster snuck out - I didn't notice until he was half way down the block
re: Favourite Male Musical Stars and Why (From Any Decade)
 May 12 2004, 10:17:41 PM
Brad Little! He's what made me fall in love with theater.
re: re: re: Which show would you pick
 May 4 2004, 10:31:46 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your advice. I've decided on LSOH for tomorrow night! It's been quite a few months since I've seen a show (the last one was Wicked), so I'm really excited. Is there a long wait at the stagedoor after the show?
Which show would you pick
 May 4 2004, 09:33:19 PM
Out of the following, which show do you suggest I see next (and why)??

Little Shop of Horrors
Sly Fox
Assassins
Avenue Q
The Boy From Oz

I'm leaning towards LSOH.

Thanks for your input!

LSOH - Best Seats
 May 3 2004, 08:33:18 PM
I usually like sitting as close to the stage as possible, but heard that the first few rows for Little Shop of Horrors aren't very good. Any opinions??
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: update on the lady from fiddler :(
 Feb 27 2004, 01:10:26 PM
Is the Minskoff cursed??

Sad news

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
 Feb 27 2004, 01:08:53 PM
In no order:

Cats
We Will Rock You
Tonight's The Night
Mamma Mia
The Producers - because I had high expectations with all of the wonderful reviews - it was a let down

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You to the US
 Feb 27 2004, 12:53:08 PM
I thought We Will Rock You was just horrible (and I like Queen). A message of the show was that new pop stars like Britney Spears are ruining rock and roll today because they have no talent, just good looks (whereas Queen was made up of talented and original musicians). I found this irritating because to me, these new rock based musicals like Mamma Mia, WWRY and Tonight's The Night are ruining the musical theater -- to me, these shows are the "Britney Spears" of Broadway.
Jenna Elfman
 Sep 5 2003, 05:43:50 PM
Dharma meets Uncle Jessie. I think Jenna Elfman is horrible. Combined with John Stamos...what a disaster!
Going to London
 Aug 28 2003, 07:05:45 PM
I'm visiting London and wanted to see a few shows while in town. Any suggestions?? I want to see the Mousetrap because it's such a legend. Other shows I'm interested in are: Blood Brothers, We Will Rock You, Bombay Dreams, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Woman in Black. I probably can only fit 3 shows into my schedule.

Thanks for any advice

re: re: re: Hmmmmm...
 Jun 29 2003, 11:53:44 PM
Oh, and I was looking forward to seeing Rue on broadway again
First row
 Jun 29 2003, 11:52:38 PM
I'll admit, I love the first row. It's definately not ideal for everyone. You don't get the best view of the show. But at least no one's big head is in your way :) The only time I didn't like first row was at Hairspray. You feel like they are dancing on your head!

I always feel the most immersed in a show when I'm right at the stage. Anything more than four rows back, I probably wouldn't go.

re: re: What was your first and last show?
 Jun 29 2003, 11:48:14 PM
First = Les Miserables
Last = Urban Cowboy

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You