News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

LSOH - Best Seats

Playbill Profile Photo
Playbill
#0LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/3/04 at 8:33pm

I usually like sitting as close to the stage as possible, but heard that the first few rows for Little Shop of Horrors aren't very good. Any opinions??

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1re: LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/3/04 at 8:46pm

I would guess middle of the orchestra or first row of front mezzanine to take full effect of the spectacular ending

Poster Emeritus

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#2re: LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/3/04 at 8:47pm

Well, I had amazing seats and I was in row E in the very center of the center orchestra. Everything was so...central! Anyways, besides that, I thought those seats were really great and I really enjoyed them. You are right up close for everything, and you get to see everything that is happening on stage. At one point you have to look up a little to see the urchins hanging out the windows on the sides of the stage, but they aren't there for a terribly long, and the focus really isn't on them anyways.

I was more blown away by the performance by the cast being so close, because those three girls can really belt and being right up under them was a cool place to be. There was about 4 seats in the row in front of me missing, so they all had a clear view of me and they kept looking at me while they sang. I just smiled because I love the show. Too bad the people came later on just before 'Feed Me'.

The first time I went in September, I was in row E I think, and on the side orchestra. Those weren't bad either, except I missed part of the girls in the shop's window and I couldn't see two of the urchins when they were in the window. But these were both unimportant moment unless you really wanted to see the urchins sing backup. The only problem seats that I could see were the first few row, probably back to F, that are ALL THE WAY on the side of the theatre. They might have some problems seeing on the sides of the stage.

Well, hope I helped you at least. So just try to aim for the center, of if you are on the sides, try to be near the aisle. I haven't checked on the mezzanine yet, but my friend said it was fine. I got both of those seats for $50, too! I love it!

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#3re: re: LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/3/04 at 8:49pm

Yeah, and I was right under the plant for the ending. It was really fun even though I knew it was coming from the first time I went. But it REALLY comes low into the audience. I thought it was going to come down right on top of me.

This poor little girl who was probably 7 or 8 was literally shaking in her seats and she sunk down real low and was almost screaming. Lol, it must be fun to be an actor on that stage in those silly flower costumes watching the faces of the audience react in terror.

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#4re: re: LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/3/04 at 8:49pm

I would say for the "best seats" it would be 5th or 6th row center orchestra. As Mr Roxy said for the cool ending!!
Barbara

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#5re: re: re: LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/3/04 at 9:11pm

I was in Front Mezz and very happy because if I had been in the front of Orch. I would have peed myself at the end. LOL (yes i'm a huge whimp I wont even go to 3d movies) :P

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#6re: re: re: re: LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/3/04 at 9:16pm

I think the guy who was when I was there did pee in his pants!

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#7re: re: re: re: LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/3/04 at 9:16pm

orchestra toward the middle... probably right around the start of the mezzanine overhang... or front mezzanine, I'd say.
(also because of the cool ending!)

A work of art is an invitation to love.

WestEndBird Profile Photo
WestEndBird
#8re: re: re: re: re: LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/4/04 at 7:06pm

I wouldn't go any closer than about 5th or 6th row or you might get a surprise...and you'll miss a few things on stage as well most likely... middle of the orchestra should be your aim.

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."

on1ystarinthesky Profile Photo
on1ystarinthesky
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: LSOH - Best Seats
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:03am

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. The first time I went, I believe I was the 8th row Orch. and they were okay seats, but I wish I was closer. Second time I was in row BB on the far stage-left, and some things were obscured from view.

If you're sitting in the first couple rows Orch., bring a poncho with you--Doug Sills is a mega-spitter.

DJ Jellyfeltz's Weekly "Don't You Just Hate That?" (courtesy of Scott Cohen)
Walking by the same person you've already walked by in the dairy, produce, and frozen-food sections.
*I AM A MEMBER OF THE BWW.COM RADIOACTIVE SQUIRREL CLUB*
Updated On: 5/5/04 at 12:03 AM

Videos