News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TargemQ8

TargemQ8 Profile Photo
Member Name: TargemQ8
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

'Name That Show'
 Mar 23 2011, 04:57:08 PM
givesmevoice is correct.
'Name That Show'
 Mar 23 2011, 04:37:37 PM
Sunset Blvd is incorrect. (And yes, I was being a horrible, horrible person and misdirecting that one. Item 4 makes this an incorrect answer.)
I'll give and additional hint: Irish

'Name That Show'
 Mar 23 2011, 03:18:26 PM
Subways Are For Sleeping

1. Musical based on non-musical movie
2. Revolves around a production of Salome
3. Ghost
4. Sole credited librettist has won 4 Tonys
5. Leading man hides personal secret through most of the show.

'Name That Show'
 Mar 23 2011, 02:36:44 PM
The Most Happy Fella

1. Based on a film
2. War injury
3. Biggest hit of composer/lyricist's 5 mostly flop Broadway shows
4. In the original short-story the musical is based on, the leading man rapes the leading lady.
5. Implications of multiple-personality disorder.

re: The Daryl Eisenberg Twitter Thread
 Aug 14 2009, 11:40:59 AM
Ignoring the personalities and specifics for moment, let's just look at the bottom line again:

An audition is a JOB INTERVIEW. If a company made the contents of a job interview public for the entertainment of others, it would be entirely unethical.
This is NOT an issue of first amendment rights; it is not being suggested this person be thrown in jail. The issue is about appropriate business behavior.

Let's make this the 'Theatre Critic Love Thread'!
 May 1 2007, 02:07:04 PM
"Any defense of Mr. Dale's inability to spell principal performers names correctly in his "review"? "

I know Mr. Dale is a big fan of the misspelled actors' work (before the show, he was telling me what a shame it was I missed Chiat sloshing tequila on a cell-phone wielding audience member during Urban Cowboy), so I'm guessing that the error was due to a spellcheck anomaly. Our editor doesn't have a lot of time to proofread stuff, and things slip through the cracks. We do out best to fi

re: I Can See 2 Shows - Which to Pick?
 Apr 30 2007, 03:21:43 PM
Curtains and 110.
Redundant
 Apr 30 2007, 02:52:09 PM
As a one-time BWW critic and friend of the "childish" Michael Dale, I'd like to try to clear up a few points:

BroadwayWorld.Com does not get press tickets for the opening nights of Broadway shows. Generally, Mr. Dale gets invited to the second press viewing, not to say the second night of the run. In this case, Mr. Dale was invited to attend the show over a week after the opening. When he arrived at the box office to get his press tickets, he was told that all press seats for the weeken

re: Anyone seen 'Ring of Fire'?
 Feb 22 2006, 05:11:39 PM
I'm seeing it next month. I adore Cash, but I'm not sure how his music would work in a show. I'm not optimistic about this format at all. His romance with June is one of the great romances of all time... something that Walk The Line, with its' Behind the Music simplification of his descent into drug use, missed out on.
re: Most Times You've Seen Show
 Feb 22 2006, 09:02:00 AM
This thread amuses and terrifies me.
I took my mother to Piazza, and she went back the next night. I was very pleased.
I saw "Day in the Death of Joe Egg" with Izzard twice in as many weeks.

re: Sweeney Todd questions (WARNING: Possible spoilers!)
 Feb 17 2006, 06:56:40 PM
Yay! Intelligent discourse! Though the tone of the rest of the thread has been whipsmart, I was nervous my objections would get me flame-lynched. Huzzah, Chica, huzzah. I know most of these points will be an "Agree to disgree" matter, but thanks for adressing them with an open mind.

I admit my bias against this Priest comes from a general dislike of Lupone. I have always found her very unfunny, so it's probably tainting my objectivity (if there CAN be objectivity about "funny"). Some

re: Sweeney Todd questions (WARNING: Possible spoilers!)
 Feb 17 2006, 05:22:42 PM
I will preface this by saying I'm partially playing Devils' advocate, and do not mean to insult anyone. Clearly this production is very popular, and I'm only one dopey woman, This probably my favorite show, one that I've known forwards and backwards since I was a kid.

There is so much I dislike about current interpretation. All of the delicious black humor seems to have been sucked out, and many of the directorial decisions seem to be based more on goth-kid pretension than actually s

re: saddest broadway moments
 Feb 15 2006, 05:22:58 PM
I'm pretty emotionally stalwart... except when it comes to show tunes. I even got a little choked up at the end of State Fair and Crazy for You, for reasons that still remain a mystery to me.
Piazza kills me. "Fable", in particular.
There are three specific places in King and I, even the often viewed film and in mediocre high school productions, where I inevitably lose it. "Something Wonderful" being the most notable, as it reminds me of my Dad. How did a man write this song?

kristin chenoweth's nearly naked bottom
 Feb 15 2006, 04:57:23 PM
I'm not offended by the spread (she looks swell, and I agree that its' tasteful by lad-mag standards), but found it a little incongruous with her previous choir girl image. She's probably just sick of being cute and sweet.
re: It's time for Chicago to go
 Feb 15 2006, 04:50:36 PM
I don't have much of a problem with it now, but I'm suprised that the theatre didn't spontaneously combust when Melanie Griffiths was it it. Honestly, one of the most apalling things I have ever seen.
actors you wish would do broadway
 Feb 15 2006, 04:44:19 PM
Opera Diva Dawn Upshaw, my favorite voice in the history of the world... She is already a fixture in composer compilations, as well as proving her chops on her showtune albums and the oft televised "Dawn at Dusk" TV concert.
Plus, wouldn't have to sit through anything like The Great Gatsby opera to see her live.

re: Hi! I need your advice. Am I hired by a Broadway show?
 Feb 8 2006, 12:05:24 AM
Nothing anyone says (director, casting director) means anything until you have signed a contract. It sounds good for you, but I know too many people (myself included) who have been told in no uncertain terms that they were "in" a show, then been dropped. Nothing counts before it is on paper.
Proplanylol? Other nerve remedies?
 Feb 6 2006, 02:51:00 PM
I have taken Proplanylol (the beta blockers that Steisand uses) to prevent physical nerves a few times. They don't make you high, they just keep you from having the shakes. They are actually prescribed for stagefright, but are also used to keep the heart rates of cardiac patients steady.

Again, it's not something I always use, but I know a number of singers who have gotten them from doctors and it changed their lives.

Does anyone else take these, or have heard about them? Any

re: Every Actor's Friend: Alchohol (How does it influence the voice?)
 Feb 6 2006, 02:49:30 PM
I've laid off hard liquor (god, but I do love Bourbon) at times when I'm singing often, and try to stick to a few pints of Guinness if I'm out. I try not to drink the day before a show, and I NEVER drink on a day I'm performing.
re: Nightlife Awards
 Feb 6 2006, 02:36:25 PM
I'll be there. Anyone know what the dress code is? I was planning on wearing a gown, and probably will anyway, but is it at all dressy?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You