News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Leveradnon

Leveradnon Profile Photo
Member Name: Leveradnon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Synopsis of Mary Poppins London show?
 Jan 22 2006, 01:34:37 PM
What is the context of "Temper, Temper?" It seems that the kids were fighting over the toy, Valentine and then all the dolls come alive or something. Is this something that the kids are dreaming, is it real, was it caused by Mary Poppins to teach the kids a lesson? This is an incredibly creepy song, which I love, but I'd really like to know what's going on.
Synopsis of Mary Poppins London show?
 Jan 22 2006, 04:08:31 AM
I just got the Mary Poppins Original London Cast recording and am really enjoying it. The story seems quite a bit different than the movie. Is there any website online that has a scene by scene synopsis of the stage show?...I'd really like to know the context behind a few of the songs.
Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks
 Jan 10 2006, 07:04:49 PM
Hey,

I'm sure that there are a lot of posts like this on here with people looking for particular songs for auditions and such...but I'm going to be auditioning for a college production of the Fantasticks in a few weeks. I'd like to get Matt and am looking for a good audition song. I thought about "She Loves Me" (from She Loves Me). I'm not sure about my exact range but I can comfortably hit a G and can go higher when necessary...so I guess that makes me like a high baritone, low tenor.

re: Arrogant Male Songs
 Dec 14 2005, 09:27:15 PM
Definitely "Grand Knowing You" from She Loves Me. Its perfect!
re: Audition with prop??
 Feb 15 2005, 07:25:33 PM
I'm actually in a production of She Loves Me! and I'd say go with the prop. I've auditioned with a prop (it was a pill bottle that I was a guy on anti-depressants) and it didn't seem to hurt me at all.

That being said, I've heard directors tell me that they gather most of what they want to know from the first few seconds of your audition. Your voice, energy, stuff like that...and I've done a lot of really stupid stuff in auditions (like in a monologue where I was proposing to a girl, a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You