pixeltracker

Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks

Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks

Leveradnon Profile Photo
Leveradnon
#0Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks
Posted: 1/10/06 at 7:04pm

Hey,

I'm sure that there are a lot of posts like this on here with people looking for particular songs for auditions and such...but I'm going to be auditioning for a college production of the Fantasticks in a few weeks. I'd like to get Matt and am looking for a good audition song. I thought about "She Loves Me" (from She Loves Me). I'm not sure about my exact range but I can comfortably hit a G and can go higher when necessary...so I guess that makes me like a high baritone, low tenor. Can you guys think of any good songs that I could prepare for the audition?

Thanks

#1re: Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks
Posted: 1/10/06 at 8:55pm

don't make yourself crazy...just sing something from the show if you're comfortable enough. you have plenty of time to learn it.
good luck!

BobbyBaby244
#2re: Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks
Posted: 1/11/06 at 12:15pm

I played Matt in a college production, and I used "Johanna" from Sweeney Todd for my audition. It's a song that will show off your vocal range, and also your ability to play the romantic lead. Break a leg! It's a great part!

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#3re: Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks
Posted: 1/11/06 at 12:16pm

I agree with Johanna (I'm a former Matt as well)

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

#4re: Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks
Posted: 1/12/06 at 4:38am

not while i'm around is good too if you go the sweeny route..
joanna is perfect too..

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#5re: Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks
Posted: 1/12/06 at 10:26am

"Maria" from West Side Story could work.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

BroadwayThoughts
#6re: Looking for an audition song for the Fantasticks
Posted: 1/12/06 at 11:41am

You should be careful about the sondheim though. Although his songs are gorgeous and fit the type you may want, you never know if the accompianist can handle his music. The last thing you would want on an audition is to get messed up because you don't recognize the music.

How about Love to Me from Light in the Piazza (I don't think you need to use the accent) or Proud Lady from Baker's Wife?

Videos