News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Starburst

Starburst Profile Photo
Member Name: Starburst
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Overture Ever  Dec 29 2006, 07:28:41 PM
I love Amour's overture. It's so...bubbly, and different.

And Light in the Piazza. Something about overtures with singing, I guess.

re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'  Aug 21 2006, 12:37:07 AM
Goodbye Until Tomorrow/I Could Never Rescue You from Last 5 Years. Snap. That little melody gets me every time.
re: Revamped Pippin in Seattle  May 9 2006, 12:59:09 AM
Whoo. I'm not terribly familiar with the show...at all, but I'm also seeing it next Tuesday. Even with the less-than-specatular review, I'm willing to see almost anything big for $15. Thanks for reporting back! =)
re: Star-studded night at THE WEDDING SINGER! 4.1.06  Apr 3 2006, 11:27:46 AM
Oh. Man.

Gaah, why did I have to miss this when it was in Seattle and I could've gotten tickets for $20? *laments!*

It sounds pretty fab. I'm excited to hear all the reviews.

re: Wedding Singer Ticket Drama  Jan 26 2006, 03:06:36 AM
At the Fifth Avenue Theatre in Seattle, if you're a student and you go day-of to a performance, you can buy best-available student tickets for $20. A lot of the time you have to specify you're getting student tickets, otherwise they'll charge you full price.

The bit from their website:

"Under 25?
Patrons 25 years old and younger can buy $20 day-of-show tickets in person at the box office for any performance. Discount available only in person at the theatre box office o

re: Wedding Singer Ticket Drama  Jan 26 2006, 02:27:03 AM
Huzzah for living in Seattle! I was hoping to go Super Bowl Sunday when everyone else was home watching the game and getting crazy good $20 student tickets. Alas, I have a show that afternoon, but I'm still planning to student rush it. I love The 5th Avenue. ^.^
Straight Plays for Dummies  Jan 16 2006, 02:27:45 AM
As semester draws near, the ever alluding senior year and college auditions draw one step closer for me. A junior, I've already begun looking into colleges, specifically liberal arts colleges with strong drama programs. Wherever I end up, I know I'm going to need auditions monologues, and where are the best places to find monologues? Why, plays, of course!

But the world of straight plays is a daunting place. While I've familarized myself with musicals, I'm overwhelmed and have no idea w

re: GUILTY PLEASURES....  Dec 18 2005, 05:44:31 PM
Cats and Phantom. They were the two shows that got me into Broadway, and they will always have a sentimental place in my heart. Shut up, I have better taste now! >.<
re: Nicest & Worse  Dec 12 2005, 08:12:05 PM
While I'm with the majority in saying I've never really had a bad stage door experience, a couple visits really stand out:

Pamela Isaacs, who played Muzzy in the 2004 Thoroughly Modern Millie National tour. While most of the cast was wonderful and signed both my poster and my program (It was my birthday, after all =)), Ms. Isaacs stayed and chatted with my mother and me about how she got into acting and her experiences and gave me some advice. She was amazing.

Anthony Rapp, (of

re: Tickets on Sale and Details Available for December 19th Holiday Concert  Dec 9 2005, 09:06:05 PM
Sigh. The woes of living across the country...
re: Who here has seen PRINCESSES?  Dec 6 2005, 12:12:05 AM
Oh, Princesses. Saw it in Seattle. The actors certainly gave their best to the material they were given. The set was crazy cool, and that tango and the song with the 3 girls were great, but everything else...meh.

I was so embarassed during "Just Say Yes." I couldn't watch.

It'd be a nice show for high schools though, as long as that song was cut out. Lots of girls, ONE guy (because the boyfriend, of course, would be cut, because it's like, "We're going to talk about him! Oh loo

Rent Attendance Anecdotes  Dec 5 2005, 03:02:33 AM
So I FINALLY got to see it Friday, and the group I went with IS the anecdote.

So we went to a 7:40 showing in Bellevue (Seattle suburb), and there was a couple other people in the audience besides the 5 of us, soon to be 10 of us. I was the only one who had seen the live show, and there were 1 or 2 others who had already seen the movie. I was so excited I nearly cried at the opening Seasons of Love.

Movie Rent = Love. I certainly hope to see more of Tracie Thoms. She and Anthon

re: Musicals you loved immediately  Dec 1 2005, 10:20:40 PM
Gotta say it; Cats. It was the show that got me INTO musical theatre! For sentimental reasons it shall always be in my heart. Even good people get to like ONE crappy musical.

Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
Rent
Avenue Q
La Cage Aux Folles
A Year with Frog and Toad
Thoroughly Modern Millie

re: Would RENT still be RENT if.....  Nov 13 2005, 08:25:01 PM
I always thought the fact Mimi's mother called and left her message in Spanish was a sure-fire way to assume Mimi was hispanic. But as someone said, there was a lot of mixing way back when, and some Latinos are milk. Does anyone remember Shakira? Colombian, that one was.

And it seemed to me Angel was hispanic as well, because she and Mimi sing that one verse in La Vie Boheme where they're talking about the good ol' Latino things. ...or now that I think about it, to like, two good ol' la

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold  Nov 11 2005, 05:23:12 PM
I loved and was obsessed with Cats for a while after first seeing it in the 7th grade. I've moved on, but it still holds a sentimental place in my heart.

Ugh. I greatly...dislike West Side Story and Oklahoma. And Grease. And I find The King and I quite boring.

I'm not a huge fan of Light in the Piazza. Some of it is gorgeous but some of the rest...not so much.

Not as much to do with theatre, but while I'm admitting things, I like Leonardo DiCaprio, and I think he's a g

re: SWEENEY TODD movie 'in production'  Oct 20 2005, 01:13:04 AM
It would make my life if Neil Patrick Harris was Tobias. I mean, he can still pull off child-like!

...with makeup and digital touch-up!

re: Favorite Bernadette Peters cast recording?  Oct 20 2005, 01:04:19 AM
Definitely 'Sherry!', the utterly awful musical version of 'The Man Who Came To Dinner' which I believed closed the day it opened. But I find it SO amusing, especially since it had a bunch of big names (Bernadette, Nathan Lane, and Carol Burnett). :P

But in all seriousness, Sunday in the Park with George. If I cried at things like movies and shows, she would've made me cry. I want to be Dot!

re: Will 'Rent' Be A Flop?  Sep 29 2005, 08:00:55 PM
I think it'll do fine. I doubt it'll get any Oscar-nods, but it'll do well, and DVD sales will to fine with its fanbase. And in I'd say a fair majority have at least HEARD of Rent, and you'd have to live in a cave not to have heard "Seasons of Love" at some point in your life. It's something EVERY high school choir does, and girls start claiming that "Omigosh I LOVE Rent! We sang one of the songs in choir!"

*shrugs* It'll probably be big in our small musical-theatre community, but depen

re: Which Broadway Show is Worth the $$?  Sep 28 2005, 05:13:28 PM
Spelling Bee, DRS, and Spamalot. Granted, I'm a little biased toward Spamalot, because I was 'the seat' of the night. =)

But Spelling Bee. Homigosh!

re: Tick Tick Boom  Sep 11 2005, 03:57:14 PM
...yeeeeeah, definitely didn't catch Sugar's *actually* about Sugar...I'm sorry, I just get distracted by Raul!

It's also not one of my favourites, so I just sort of skip it to get to "See Her Smile." *melts* I want to be Susan opposite the Sex God. Dayum.

Anyway. tick, tick...BOOM!=Love.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You