News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AngelofAvenueB

AngelofAvenueB Profile Photo
Member Name: AngelofAvenueB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jonathan Larson
 Jan 24 2006, 02:45:35 PM
Jon, I can't even begin to thank you for everything you've given to so many people. Most people might not agree, but for every single person who has seen RENT, you have changed their world in some way. When I think of the power and sheer emotion of RENT and tick, tick... BOOM!, I just can't help but mourn the fact that such talent and drive as yours was taken from the world so early. When I first saw RENT at the Nederlander, a little thrill went through me as I sat down in my seat and looked at
re: RentTour cast????
 Jan 18 2006, 04:16:50 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=883124&boardname=bway&dt=011606102448

That's the most info I've seen so far.

re: Anthony Rapp's booksigning dates
 Jan 10 2006, 07:40:40 PM
Nothing ever happens here.
F***ing Maine.

re: Original RENTHEAD or 'Newbie'?
 Jan 8 2006, 10:20:25 PM
I'm a 'newbie' in the fact that I've only known about Rent for a year and a half. But I fell in love with it and had seen the show twice on tour before I found out it was being made into a movie. I'm really glad that so many people have seen the movie and gotten the message it sends (granted, most people who see it and haven't seen the stage show really DON'T get the message) but I am confused by the people who treat movie-newbies badly. Like you said, Rent is about love and accepting new people
re: Misheard Lyrics
 Dec 26 2005, 05:04:41 PM
gumbo, the lyrics you're missing are: "now i know you can rent it, a new lease you are my love, on life, be my life..." etc.

and does anyone else find the third verse of "come to your senses" from ttB really hard to understand? I read the lyrics and intellectualy I know them, but I still can't understand what amy spanger says...

re: Best Gift to Give a Director
 Dec 26 2005, 01:46:47 PM
Last year was our director's 25th year doing shows and the show was Oklahoma! So we made him a "Wanted: Alive" poster, a la the Old West, and gave him a director's chair with his name on it. And of course, flowers and cards signed by the entire cast. We filmed giving him it and he cried. It was so awesome.
re: Best Roger?
 Dec 8 2005, 10:46:06 PM
I've seen all of three Rogers (including Adam in the movie), and here's my list:

-Adam Pascal
-Dan Rosenbaum
-Cary Shields

I loved all three of them, but Adam's the original and Dan was my first. Not that Cary wasn't good, of course. :)

re: Favorite RENT Quotes
 Dec 7 2005, 07:30:14 PM
"Close on Mark's nosedive: will he get out of here alive?"

"The heart may freeze or it can burn, the pain will ease if I can learn... There is no future, there is no past, I live this moment as my last."

plus all of ICY, Halloween and WYO.
and of course:
"Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn La Vie Boheme!"

re: RENT on Ellen
 Nov 21 2005, 01:23:27 PM
rowers, i loved that part too. i was like, "aww..."
i also liked how when they were introducing themselves, taye said, "yeah, i'm denzel washington... no really, taye diggs..." made me chuckle and the pinched nerve in my leg hurt less.
hooray for the healing power of rent. :)

re: New RENT photos
 Nov 13 2005, 05:40:25 PM
i love the picture with everyone though...

and i also love your lego-mark, mandi. :)

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 13 2005, 01:10:48 PM
not many but...
-film actors/musical artists that have their own success should not use broadway as a way to expand their careers.
-i was not impressed with wicked. it could have been the fact that i was really sick when i saw it, but still. not impressed.
-matt caplan should not be in rent anymore. starting now.
-andy meeks and dan rosenbaum need to be on broadway like now.
-it is also beyond me why marcus paul james is not the full-time collins.
-i really don't like dap

re: Questions for cast of RENT
 Nov 9 2005, 10:00:58 PM
Anthony to Adam: Did you really try to post dirty comments on the blog?

really, though...
Wilson to Jesse: What inspired so much emotion for the I'll Cover You: Reprise scene while filming? Is it more from your character's perspective or did it come from a more personal level?

Adam to Anthony: Are you surprised or startled by the enormous positive reaction from the fans about the movie already? Even though some were skeptical, they're s

re: Rent's Advertising
 Nov 9 2005, 09:13:38 PM
oh yeah... so many people at my high school know SOL now... they go around singing it and playing it on the piano...
also, everyone keep coming up to me (they know i'm the resident Renthead) and say, "you know rent's being made into a movie??" i feel smart by replying, "yes. i have known for a long time."
a lot of people i didn't expect to be into it are really excited to see it. makes me feel all fuzzy inside. :)

re: Rent Radio
 Nov 9 2005, 08:42:53 PM
it's not working at all for me. i may cry.
Cult O' Anthony
 Nov 9 2005, 08:36:08 PM
ooh me! can i join the anthony cult? :)
re: Favorite RENT Character
 Nov 8 2005, 06:34:43 PM
angel.
followed closely in a two-way tie for second by mark and collins.

Happy Birthday Anthony!
 Nov 8 2005, 06:07:14 PM
in light of the amusing cartoon, i thought i'd seize the opportunity to introduce myself...
okay. they have nothing to do with each other, but what the hell, i'll do it anyway.

hi. i'm jill, new to this thread but not to BWW or anthony. erm... that's it.

shiska, if that "last minute cast change" happened, i think i would have to march... somewhere... in protest.

re: Holy moly...here it goes...MIMI
 Nov 8 2005, 05:55:48 PM
i saw the ISTY clip, not the out tonight clip...
so cute. maybe they'll do more clips for each character? one can only hope...

re: Happy birthday, Anthony Rapp!!
 Oct 26 2005, 03:06:07 PM
Happy birthday, Anthony! You are so sweet, kind and caring towards your fans and just in general! Hope your day is/was amazing.
28 days! Much love.

re: Happy birthday, Adam Pascal!!
 Oct 25 2005, 01:10:30 PM
happy birthday adam!! and thanks for the blog update today!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You