News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Footlooser

Footlooser Profile Photo
Member Name: Footlooser
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/srenne1982
Blog Address:
Profile: I'm a 23 year old musical theater student. I love theater in all aspects and hope to make it in New York someday soon.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Those quirky moments in community theatre you love  Aug 19 2007, 02:24:19 PM
I was in a production of "Sweeney Todd" with the worst director I have ever experienced. Good thing we had an amazing cast. However one key thing was over looked until very late in to rehearsals. The razor!!! About three days before opening our "director" says to the cast "So, who's getting us the razor?" We all started looking for a rental or a company who could loan us one but the ONLY theater around us that had one is stock had just rented it out and shipped it half way across the countr
re: Best Summer Stock Theater  Aug 19 2007, 02:52:52 AM
The Broadway Rose in Portland, Oregon.
re: Bare: The Complete Studio Recording  Aug 16 2007, 03:00:03 AM
Jenna is in!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
re: Comedy or dramas for a High School with large cast?  Aug 12 2007, 03:52:56 PM
Harvey
Arsenic and Old Lace
Idiot's Delight
You Can't Take It With You
The Man Who Came To Dinner

re: Worst performances you've seen  Aug 12 2007, 03:49:12 PM
Eartha Kitt as the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella, scariest thing EVER!!!
re: Mean Girls: The Musical?  Aug 10 2007, 05:03:16 PM
I do love the idea od Anneliese in the show.
re: When does Cheyenne leave XANADU?  Aug 10 2007, 04:56:51 PM
John is closer than "Not Cheyenne" which I what I was going to put. But I'll fix it anyway.

thnks

re: Worst performances you've seen  Aug 10 2007, 03:44:49 PM
The only truly BAD performances I have seen were...

Daphne Rubin Vega in Les Mis
and Lisa Rinna in Chicago

re: Bye Bye Birdie Workshop...  Aug 10 2007, 03:16:25 PM
Stephanie J. Block
she was in "The Boy From Oz" and "The Pirate Queen"

now go and hide before the Blockheads read your post and go on a rampage.

re: When does Cheyenne leave XANADU?  Aug 10 2007, 03:12:01 PM
So, when it comes to the Tony's who would be up? Cheyenne who opened the show or James who was the official performer?

re: Songs That Make You Cry No Matter How Many Times You Listen to them....  Aug 9 2007, 04:32:28 PM
I'm Not Afarid of Anything ~ Songs For A New World
The few bars of "Somewhere" at the end of WSS that Maria sings as Tony dies
Not Afraid ~ Easter Rising
No More ~ Into The Woods
Bring Him Home ~ Les Miserables
Climb Every Mountain ~ The Sound of Music
I'd Give it All For You ~ Songs For A New World
Bare ~ Bare: a pop opera
Johannah ~ Sweeney Todd
I'll Cover You (Reprise) ~ RENT

re: Mean Girls: The Musical?  Aug 9 2007, 04:05:35 PM
I actually love the idea and would kill to hear the song "I don't hate you because you're fat, you're fat because I hate you!"
re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording  Aug 4 2007, 05:27:12 PM
The recording will take some getting used to because I'm so familiar with the NY production. I have the script from TWW and while it is still great there are some (To me) big changes in it. My favorite song in the NY production was "Bare" and it has had quite a re-write, as well as some others small changes. Most aren't anything that changed the meaning but will jump out to those that have the songs memorized, a word here or there.
re: Need Help With Titanic the Musical  Aug 3 2007, 07:35:16 PM
And now for the second of possibly only two serious replies...

The musical is based around the actual stories of the real people on board the ship. The main plot lines lie with the third class passengers who dream of a better life, and the crew. What I liked about the show is that it really humanizes the people who died and you actually do care about them. There are also some beautiful songs in it. I hope that helps you and break a leg.

re: Do you feel that Sondheim is a better composer or lyricist?  Jul 24 2007, 11:26:54 PM
I honestly think that it depends on the show, For "Into the Woods" his music is great but the lyrics completly outshine there, but in "Sweeney Todd" the music is far superior to the lyrics, with the exception maybe of "A Little Priest"
New Ten at "Chorus Line"  Jul 24 2007, 10:35:36 PM
Is it just me or are a lot of the new Chorus Line guys really hot?
re: Jane Krakowski as Cassie???  Jul 4 2007, 07:26:12 PM
I saw ACL back in February.
MATM has always been one of my fav songs and while Charlotts singing wasn't as good as I had hoped her dancing was ON that night. Over all I loved the show, I'm so use to seeing casts of dancers trying to sing ACL that it was great to see so many people that could do both and well.

re: audition technicality  Jul 4 2007, 07:00:28 PM
There are benifits to both. Using and unpublished monologue is great because no one else will have that smae monologue, but it is risky because even though you may think it is great, it might not be as good as you think. The key is to make a choice and prep it really well either way. Break a leg and keep us posted.
re: Broadway Crush?  Jun 27 2007, 04:39:31 PM
Michael Arden
Barrett Foa
Cheyenne Jackson
Daniel Reichard
Paul McGill
Jason Tam

re: A Cast Recording Game  Jun 24 2007, 05:03:16 PM
Turkey Lurky Time

The Secret Garden

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You