News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for crzyrocket

crzyrocket Profile Photo
Member Name: crzyrocket
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)  May 6 2007, 04:38:13 PM
I rushed the show on Friday night, got there around 7:45pm. No problem getting tickets.

I had no idea how incredibly charming Ms. Rivera is. A really fantastic performer.

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Boston  Mar 7 2007, 10:48:11 PM
Technically, opening night was tonight, it's usually on Wednesdays, with an early curtain.

I went tonight and ended up with the same seat as millie, except on the left side.

Having never seen the show, I thought it was enjoyable, but a tad forgettable. Ditto the unresponsive audience.

As for the house, I heard after the show that the balcony was near empty, and they had contemplated closing it off except that a few patrons wanted to stay where they were.

re: CATS-why?  Feb 23 2007, 10:06:55 AM
The rush seats in Boston are much better the farther back you sit. The last couple rows of the orchestra were empty though Wednesday night, so you can always move. There were indeed a lot of kids there, slightly annoying.

The show was decent for what it is. I wish the enunciation was a bit better though, I had a hard time understanding a lot of the lyrics. Of course, this wasn't helped by the mics being turned on full blast during the "dramatic" moments. Almost went deaf during the "

Spelling Bee Love  Jan 21 2007, 11:03:27 PM
liotte,

Would love to hear more details about Adult night!

Spelling Bee Love  Jan 6 2007, 07:15:15 PM
The puppets were from the last show, I believe. I wasn't there, but it sounds like it was hilarious.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?page=3&thread=911295&boardname=bway

Spelling Bee Love  Jan 6 2007, 06:58:47 PM
Ask her if she brought her finger puppets with her.

This is wonderful news.

Spelling Bee Love  Jan 6 2007, 06:15:07 PM
Wait, what?

I tried lotto on Wednesday (didn't win) but didn't see Sara Inbar's name on the boards. Did I totally miss something here?

If so, I need to see Spelling Bee before going back to Boston.

re: DRS LAYOFF?  Jan 3 2007, 10:12:25 AM
I don't know if this counts as anything, but before I left Boston for the holidays, I walked past the Opera House and they already had the marquee up for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
Spelling Bee Love  Dec 20 2006, 01:02:51 PM
Bump

Did anyone in Boston go to "Singing Like Grownups" last night? Would love to hear details.

re: Marla Schaffel Love  Dec 18 2006, 07:44:40 PM
Fourteen years old (the age of crazy teenage obsession), and I was in love with Jane Eyre. I finally got the chance to see the show a week before it closed.

I still remember everything about that day, but what I remember the most was what happened before the performance. I was hanging out by the stage door hoping to get a chance to talk to Marla Schaffel and James Barbour before the show. When Marla came around, a few other people mobbed her for autographs. It was my turn, but s

re: Spelling Bee: NYC vs. Boston  Dec 17 2006, 07:15:25 PM
I'm expecting full reports on the last performance! Can you believe that I, of all people, can't make it?

Last night was my very last time seeing the show. The audience was very energetic, and it was a great show all around. Unfortunately, Betsy Wolfe was still out. Elsa is getting more relaxed as Peretti, so perhaps it was just nerves the beginning of the week.

re: Spelling Bee: NYC vs. Boston  Dec 16 2006, 10:48:30 AM
I think the speller was thinking about it too much, he started off with an "o" and then realized his mistake.

Elsa is decent, but I think we've been spoiled by Betsy Wolfe. Elsa's Rona is much more serious and more matronly. I think it plays better having a quirky Rona, who's may be an adult figure, but still has a childish innocence about her. And yes, Betsy Wolfe has a gorgeous, gorgeous voice.

re: Spelling Bee: NYC vs. Boston  Dec 16 2006, 12:15:48 AM
Bumping this to say that tonight, the speller spelled "cow" wrong.

And where is Betsy Wolfe? She was out tonight. I hope she's well.

re: Boston Spelling Bee  Dec 13 2006, 10:26:07 PM
yelli,

I think I may have seen you. I was sitting to the left of the person on your left.

I went (again!) tonight, and Elsa Carmon was on for Betsy Wolfe (Rona Lisa Peretti). She did a decent job, although her Peretti is much different, much more straight-faced and more authoritative. Also, the height difference was sort of jarring. Betsy Wolfe is about a foot taller than most of the "kids", and Elsa Carmon is about Sara Inbar's (Logainne) height, who's the shortest.

T

re: Boston Spelling Bee  Dec 12 2006, 10:24:26 PM
shesamarshmallow,

I've seen that video, and it's adorable beyond belief. Only makes me love the cast more!

yellibean,

I was sitting dead center (105), all by my lonely self. One of the guest spellers (the boy) was sitting two seats down from me. The four seats next to me were totally empty.

This Saturday will be the my "closing". I'm going back home the next day. I sure will miss this show.

re: How many times have you seen some of your favorites?  Dec 11 2006, 09:52:02 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing a show more than once. To me, it's the equivalent of seeing your favorite band in concert or a movie or a favorite restaurant. If the experience was enjoyable, then why not go again?

Spelling Bee _ 17 (16 in Boston, once in NY)
The Producers - 9
Sweeney Todd revival - 6
La Cage revival - 5

As for money, being a student helps tremendously. The most I have ever paid for a ticket was $60. And that's on the high end for

re: Boston Spelling Bee  Dec 11 2006, 09:34:42 PM
The lotto seats used to be the first couple rows of the side orchestra, usually the last 2 of each aisle so it was a pretty extreme side view of the stage. Plus, if you were on the odd side, you completely missed seeing Jesus.
re: Boston Spelling Bee  Dec 11 2006, 07:32:30 PM
Lotto is my best friend.

They seem to be just giving away random seats now. I usually go 10 minutes before curtain (I hate waiting) and they're almost always available.

The last time I went (last night), I wound up Row G, center orchestra. Right smack in the middle of what would be considered a premium seat.

If for some odd reason they're sold out, there's a college discount. Best available for only $37.50.

Spelling Bee Love  Dec 7 2006, 12:27:48 AM
FinallyAmember,

I was sitting right behind you! You certainly threw everyone off by spelling "Mexicans" wrong. At least it wasn't "cow"!

Glad you enjoyed the show though. It's really just wonderful.

Spelling Bee Love  Dec 6 2006, 10:45:33 PM
liotte, come up to Boston!

And this goes for all Bostonians (and those in the general area), go support the show in its final weeks! I went tonight, and the orchestra was sadly less than half full. It's been like that the past couple times I went, including weekends.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You