News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kennygintexas

Member Name: kennygintexas
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Will Smith to Helm ANNIE Movie Remake Starring Daughter Willow?
 Jan 20 2011, 11:27:02 AM
This irritates me. And Playbill.com reported that Jay-Z is reportedly attached to the project as well: "to collaborate on the music for the film." Now, I LOVE me some Jay-Z, but...

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I don't think I'm gonna like it here.....

'9 to 5' Chicago tour
 Jan 20 2011, 11:20:14 AM
I think the only person in this tour from the STELLAR Original Broadway Cast is Paul Castree, in the ensemble.

I saw (and loved) the show in New York twice, wasn't blown away by the tour. So far, I have seen the tour twice, and it was definitely better the second time. I know I am in the minority, but I didn't like many of the changes for the tour--especially the fantasy sequence. I also desperately missed Andy Blankenbuehler's brilliantly pedestrian choreography from Broadway--I

Your favourite orchestrations
 Jan 5 2011, 11:37:00 AM
Ooo, this is my kind of thread!

My faves, in no particular order:

Annie (Philip J. Lang)
Steel Pier (Michael GIbson)
9 to 5 (Bruce Coughlin with additional by Stephen Oremus)
Company (Jonathan Tunick)
Camelot (Philip J. Lang)
City of Angels (Billy Byers)
The Secret Garden (William D. Brohn)

Frank Wildhorn talks 'WONDERLAND'
 Jan 5 2011, 11:25:09 AM
Good word, newintown: incoherent. That's how I felt about the show. I left the theater in Houston absolutely certain that this project was dead in the water. (Okay, so I was wrong...but that doesn't negate the fact that I am a musical theater NERD to the 3000th degree, and I nearly fell asleep SEVERAL times at The Alley.)

Like several other posters, "Worst Day of My Life" was my favorite song in the score. Nikki Snelson was a spastic MESS--all she did was shriek as high and as loud

Streisand to produce, direct and star in a new film adaption of GYPSY....
 Jan 5 2011, 11:07:16 AM
Vocally, I'm all for Streisand as Rose.

Not so sure about Anne hathaway, though. How about an unknown? There are a lot of talented youg women out there.

'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
 Jan 4 2011, 05:20:09 PM
Um....the cynicism here is almost unbelievable. Except that it's totally believable.

It seems that many of the negative posters in this thread are angry that he didn't DISS the show--kinda like how the previews for the interview baited you to think he was gonna do.

He seemed very forthright and sincere. (We could all take a lesson...)

I hope the show is a hit, and lots of people have jobs and health insurance for a long, long time. Is it "high art?" Probably no

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You