News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Standing_O

Member Name: Standing_O
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Kelli O'Hara pregnant- Leaving SP in March
 Jan 15 2009, 09:33:34 PM
Has anyone looked at Greg Naughton lately?

That'll be one good lookin child

GREAT news!

re: Broaway singers at Joe's Pub
 Nov 10 2008, 06:07:01 PM
Thanks Brody! I plan to have a blast!

Maybe some of Julie's South Pacific castmates will show, who knows? But I am there for the music. I am a self proclaimed fangirl for Julie's tunes. :)

re: Broaway singers at Joe's Pub
 Nov 10 2008, 11:31:35 AM
I am SO excited for this. I will be there with friends. I have loved Julie's music since I first saw her in Little Women.

Anyone without plans, come... it will be AMAZING.

listen to the cd at www.juliefoldesi.com

1 ticket available for Kelli Ohara at Joes Pub
 May 3 2008, 02:52:42 PM
Does anyone want my ticket to Kelli at Joes Pub. The show is sold out. Monday May 5th 1130 pm. 30 bucks.

Let me know if you are interested!

re: Josh Walden - A New Force in Musical Theatre, re: ALL IS LOVE at NYMF
 Sep 20 2006, 10:29:27 AM
I just wanted to add my agreement to this message.

I saw this piece performed in a benefit back in February and was profoundly moved by it. Definitely check it out at NYMF if you have a chance - amazing dance, amazing storytelling.

re: Songs for a New World (with pics) and JRB interview
 Jul 11 2006, 08:45:13 AM
I would, but I do not live in the Raleigh area. I came up specifically for Songs For A New World. I have to say though that the staff at the theater was so nice and it was probably one of the most courteous audiences I've been a part of recently as well. If I lived in NC, I'd probably see a lot more shows there!

Best of luck with the rest of your season!

Jul 9 2006, 11:14:37 AM
I'm not great with reviews but I *LOVED* this production. Just thought I'd let y'all know.

I had never seen the show before but loved the cd. I liked the way things were tied together with different songs and the sets were beautiful. Plus, the cast was awesome. :)

Jun 30 2006, 12:36:12 PM
I'm seeing this (the HSN production pictured above) next week. I can't wait. I've loved the CD for years!

I was excited to see people talking about it on here.

re: Wedding Singer Sat Mat for Kids?
 Jun 22 2006, 11:10:50 PM
I hope you f*ckin choke becomes I hope you frickin choke.
re: Wedding Singer Sat Mat for Kids?
 Jun 22 2006, 09:21:28 AM
I was there on a wed mat when they did this. They just change lines like "you're an asshole!" to "you're a jerk!" and "dime bag and a transvestite" becomes "drag queen and a bottle of yagermeister." They take out a lot of the cursing basically.
re: Songs for a new world - help
 Jun 20 2006, 11:33:26 AM
I'm seeing it in a couple weeks. I hope it's interesting!
re: Ever held a Tony Award?
 Jun 2 2006, 05:09:33 PM
I held one at a friend's apartment. I even made a speech. I'm so uncool.
re: Little Women Tour- worth seeing?
 May 5 2006, 12:04:12 AM
speaking of age progression... one of my favorite things about Sutton's performance as Jo was how much her body language and the way she carried herself changed as Jo grew older. I really thought Sutton did a great job with the movement work in the show.
re: Curtain Call Jersey Boys
 May 5 2006, 12:02:14 AM
Oh I wasnt saying that he *doesn't* deserve the last bow. I was saying that I don't think that's the intention there. It just works out that way.

I think JLY is excellent in the show and continue to be blown away by his acting (probably more so than his singing).

re: Curtain Call Jersey Boys
 May 4 2006, 04:53:40 PM
The guys bow in order of their "season" and who tells the story. So it goes Christian (Tommy), Daniel (Bobby), J. Robert (Nick), and last JLY (Frankie).

So JLY is last but not really like oh he deserves the final bow. He just happens to tell the last part of the story.

May 3 2006, 03:48:08 AM
I may not be 100 percent accurate but this is my understanding of things...

Kate Fisher who is regularly Jo is on medical leave. The tour understudy is Susan Spencer but because of this special situation Julie Foldesi was brought in as well. I know Julie definetly covers Thursday evenings and Saturday matinees and if there is a Sunday evening, she does that show as well. I've seen Sutton and Julie, never seen the tour. So I haven't seen Susan or Kate but hear they are both fabulous.

May 2 2006, 05:36:07 PM
I vote yes. I was at LW several times on Broadway and never made it through Days of Plenty without crying. Maureen is amazing. I encouraged my sister to see it this past week in Birmingham, AL. She didn't think it would be her kind of show but ended up REALLY enjoying it. Also from the bway cast are Andrew Varela (bway understudy, on tour he is Prof Bhaer) and Julie Foldesi (Sutton's standby, currently covering several shows a week as Jo on tour).

I hope you like it. I wish I could go t

re: Jacques Brel rush...
 Apr 30 2006, 10:31:23 AM
2 hrs before showtime, cash only, $20, 2 per student ID.

:)

re: Little Women Tour - Rush/Student Tix?
 Apr 24 2006, 07:56:43 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I actually bought a ticket for my sister who lives in Alabama (I'm in NYC) so she can see it. Before the code all I could afford was I Rear Balcony (row X I think?) and with the code I got her first row Balcony. So that's some improvement! I used to go to shows at the BJCC a lot but we always sat in the same spot (like row M downstairs). So I have no idea how the view and all are from upstairs.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show!

re: Little Women Tour - Rush/Student Tix?
 Apr 23 2006, 02:21:27 PM
If you're going in Alabama, I don't know about rush. But I *DO* know you can use the discount code BJCC to save some money! That's what I did.

best of luck!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You