Broadway singers at Joe's Pub

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#1Broadway singers at Joe's Pub
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:06am

I read that Julie Foldesi is going to be performing/releasing her debut CD at Joe's Pub tonight.
I saw her in Little Women and recently in South Pacific and it prompted me to listen to some of her own music online.

Anyway, I don't normally venture out to late night showcases on a work night, but this one seems worth it. Anyone know what the crowd is like on a late Monday at Joe's Pub? I need to get my ticket in cash, and am hoping I can do that at the door, but I don't know how crowded it gets.

Is anyone else going tonight?

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Updated On: 11/10/08 at 11:06 AM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: Broaway singers at Joe's Pub
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:18am

The crowd really depends on who is performing, really. For security reasons they have to fill the space with breathing room so it will never be jammed-packed with people standing the entire time. Artists who generate a big crowd tend to add several nights instead of one in order to accommodate audiences. Its a fairly small space.

When in doubt about a possible 'sell out', just go and buy your ticket in advance instead of the night of the concert.

Remember, if you want to get a great vantage seating/viewing spot, arrive early... but it really doesn't matter where you're at as the view of the performance stage is great anywhere there.

re: Broaway singers at Joe's Pub

Standing_O
#2re: Broaway singers at Joe's Pub
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:31am

I am SO excited for this. I will be there with friends. I have loved Julie's music since I first saw her in Little Women.

Anyone without plans, come... it will be AMAZING.

listen to the cd at www.juliefoldesi.com

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#3re: Broaway singers at Joe's Pub
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:40am

Thanks Brody. I had gone there one time without getting a ticket in advance, and it was one of those crowded nights and I ended up behind a pole by the bar, and standing for most of it. :[
Unfortunately, I have no way of getting to Joe's Pub before tonight, so I'm hoping if I do like you said and just get in line early enough, I should be alright.

I know Julie is not a BIG Broadway name, but she is apparently friends with a lot of people who are big Broadway names, so who knows who might show up tonight.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4re: Broaway singers at Joe's Pub
Posted: 11/10/08 at 1:05pm

That's the great thing about Manhattan and Joe's Pub... you never know who'll be there along with you.

I remember when I attended Faith Prince's cabaret debut there several years ago, I was sitting between the Calloway sisters: I had loud and bawdy Ann Hampton Calloway to my right and Liz Calloway to my left. Lee Roy Reams was sitting behind me so I was literally between his legs with his hands patting my shoulders to Faith's high tempo numbers.

Its a free-for-all there. re: Broaway singers at Joe's Pub

Enjoy your night!

Standing_O
#5re: Broaway singers at Joe's Pub
Posted: 11/10/08 at 6:07pm

Thanks Brody! I plan to have a blast!

Maybe some of Julie's South Pacific castmates will show, who knows? But I am there for the music. I am a self proclaimed fangirl for Julie's tunes. :)

Videos