News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 2

Member Name: 2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Previews
 Mar 23 2024, 04:54:43 PM

Strong choices – wrong choices. It is not the worst musical of the season, but that bar is low.

JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
 Jan 16 2024, 09:56:36 PM

Agreed, this is a misfire and boring boring boring. It's too similar in story to Dear Evan Hansen but has none of the elements that made Evan Hansen work on stage. It doesn't do a great job managing the "young white man who lies to people" premise with no accountability, resolution, or personal consequences in sight for the character. This musical wouldn't pass a Dramaturgy 101 class, the plot points are glaringly obvious from several sce

Rare GREASE recordings now on YouTube
 Sep 10 2023, 04:12:02 PM

A production of the original book to Grease would be a smart choice for Encores! with their new programming.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
 Sep 10 2023, 04:09:53 PM

Bebe Neuwirth is attached to something this Spring, could very well be this production. I hope that it isn't The Bedwetter.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews
 Jun 12 2023, 01:29:43 AM

Well deserved win for the no-question Best Musical of the season. It's a better Broadway with original musicals like this one!

Broadway actors with odd voices
 Mar 23 2023, 12:03:44 AM

William Finn always writes for odd voices. Mary Testa, Michael Rupert, Chip Zien, Alison Fraser, Carolee Carmello, Kristin Chenoweth, Celia Keenan-Bolger, and so on.

Contemporary voices like Rachel Bay Jones, Katie Thompson, Grace McLean, Shaina Taub, Mia Pak, Brittain Ashford, Reeve Carney, and favorites like Jane Krakowski, Alan Cumming, Mandy Patinkin, Glynis Johns, Ken Page, Fran Drescher, Liza Minnelli, hell even Jackie Hoffman.

Rachel Zegler teases Broadway debut:
 Feb 23 2023, 03:02:44 PM

Confirmed my own question, Zegler did indeed participate in The Notebook during workshops. They are certainly coming to Broadway next season, they are just waiting for a theatre to be available.

Rachel Zegler teases Broadway debut:
 Feb 22 2023, 05:14:17 PM

Wasn’t she attached to The Notebook at some point?

KPOP Reviews
 Dec 4 2022, 01:23:09 AM

It is obvious that the reviews were not interested in calling out what good there is. It's not all good, don't get me wrong, but we agreed it was more fun and worth seeing than SIX or Almost Famous (which came up because Tom Kitt was in tonight's crowd). The cast is strong, giving insane vocals throughout, and you don't need to have any previous familiarity with KPOP or the Korean language. Definitely have a drink and enjoy the energy, performances,

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews
 Nov 11 2022, 03:59:12 PM

Deserving enthusiastic raves for the best new musical of the season. Let the producers do their job to build an audience and capitalize on the reviews, and if you're that concerned about a good show surviving a difficult season then go purchase a ticket for yourself and a friend.

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
 Nov 2 2022, 11:54:24 PM

The second act was more effective than the first because it has most of the better songs, but I'm in the minority of opinions here it seems. There really is no perspective on the situation or characters and everyone behaves exactly as you predict they will. There are no surprises or momentum to the drama.

By removing all of Leo Frank's skittish tendencies (I assume to avoid comparison to Evan Hansen) they've also removed his only defining trait. Now when other characters ex

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
 Nov 2 2022, 08:59:34 PM

Boy, this show has the subtlety of a sledgehammer. It’s a shame such a glorious score lands with such a thud onstage, and the inability to make out the lyrics at City Center is not helping. Jay Armstrong Johnson missed all the high notes in his number, but everyone is uniformly good. I have no doubt this will be a success but I can’t say I’m enjoying it so far.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Previews
 Oct 31 2022, 06:23:24 PM

Caught this again and it's even tighter in later previews. Clark, Milligan, and Cooley are giving some of my favorite performances on Broadway in recent memory. I have to disagree with the comments about the score, the group I went with left humming "Skater Planet", "Better", and "The Inevitable Turn" if not other songs too. Most of them were not regular theatergoers and wondering if there was a cast recording, so they enjoyed it enough to think about listeni

ONLY GOLD Musical at MCC Begins October 5
 Oct 15 2022, 10:33:01 PM

One of the most boring musicals I've ever seen, there are really no stakes in sight in this "plot." What a bunch of nothing this show is; shaky performances, endless choreography with no impact, embarrassing narration, the list goes on and on.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Previews
 Oct 14 2022, 01:17:57 PM

Steven is excellent. He's extremely charming as one of the more unlikeable roles in the show, as is Alli Mauzey. The two have great chemistry, and their scenes with Kimberly are heartbreaking.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Previews
 Oct 13 2022, 11:29:12 PM

Hilarious and moving all at once with superb performances from the entire company. Victoria Clark is giving another career-defining performance and the changes since the Atlantic production are great! Already planning to return after opening.

Encores! 2023 Production hints???
 Jun 11 2022, 12:08:13 AM

Please take your medicine, Dear World.

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
 Mar 14 2022, 12:19:52 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Out of curiosity, how big is the band? That quick curtain call video sounds like solo piano (but sometimes numbers go into previews before they're fully orchestrated)."

The all-female band joins the cast on stage for the curtain call, which is why it is piano-only. There are 11 players in the band, all sounding great.

The Public's THE VISITOR - Previews
 Oct 16 2021, 07:06:35 PM
Ari’el Stachel is not in the show tonight.
Roles they DIDN'T get....
 May 13 2020, 11:36:30 PM

Bumping this great thread.

Stephanie Styles has talked about getting cast in the James Cordon FORUM revival which was canceled. Does anyone know of anyone else who was cast?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You