News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for swmwithsharks

swmwithsharks Profile Photo
Member Name: swmwithsharks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Does Karen Olivo do matinees in MOULIN? Thanks!
 Nov 5 2019, 12:01:24 PM

Yes, I saw her in the Saturday matinee a few weeks ago.

Aaron Tveit as Danny Zuko
 Feb 1 2016, 10:41:35 AM

Aaron Tveit is very talented, but when I first saw the promos for this I thought he looked badly miscast. The performance itself did not change my opinion.

Hunchback Album
 Jan 22 2016, 09:00:21 AM

I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet, but overall I think it sounds great. The only thing, as others have mentioned, is that the God-awful narration is included. Already, one or two moments that were about to give me a chill were ruined by some over-excited ensemble member exclaiming "And THEN! Quasimodo did THIS!" as if narrating a children's show. It was terrible in the show live and in some ways it's even more terrible here.

Pippin Tour?
 Apr 27 2015, 11:40:31 AM

I also saw the show in Orlando this weekend. I almost didn't go because I had such an extraordinary experience when I saw it in NY and knew that it couldn't be duplicated. I did enjoy it very much though. Sasha Allen's words do get lost sometimes and her backphrasing was a little annoying, but I ended up enjoying her. Sam Lips, however, seemed to be sleepwalking through the role. I don't know if he was having an off day or what, but I was actually kind of shocked. Very little e

'Let It Go' in Wicked
 Jan 7 2015, 10:10:11 AM
"Let It Go" has always been in Wicked. It's called "Defying Gravity".
Why all the WICKED hate?
 Apr 1 2013, 10:27:18 AM
To me, Wicked is one of those "Anything you can sing, I can sing louder" shows. I've only seen it once (on tour)and at intermission my friend and I both had the same reaction: I was exhausted because I felt like I'd been yelled at for two hours. I find it too long and badly plotted, with a bunch of loose ends tied up with a line or two of dialogue in the last 5 minutes...as if someone realized they were closing in on 4 hours and needed to wrap it up quick.
Having said that, I do get why most

Oscar Nominated
 Jan 22 2013, 03:23:50 PM
The only reason "Suddenly" even exists is because to be nominated for an Oscar, a song must be "original"(written for the film), so none of the songs which appear in the stage version of Les Miz would qualify. This is why whenever a stage musical is adapted for film, there is invariably a new song written and shoehorned in.
Carrie Recording 9/25
 Aug 13 2012, 02:23:30 PM
...available for preorder...
http://sh-k-boom.com/carrie.shtml

Listen to the new Evita Cast Recording on AOL Music
 Jun 25 2012, 01:42:17 PM
I'm finding her very tough to listen to at times...very shrill, especially in New Argentina. I also noticed the lack of Latin "flair" in Ricky Martin's performance. He sounds like a Boy Scout singing O What A Circus.
How do you obtain an Equity Card?
 Jun 22 2012, 12:01:01 PM
You can also move to Florida and get hired by Disney as a singer, dancer, or actor (not character performer).
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You