News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MrMarkCharlieBrownCohen

MrMarkCharlieBrownCohen Profile Photo
Member Name: MrMarkCharlieBrownCohen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Re-Interpreting MAME
 Jun 15 2010, 12:58:32 PM
It's not exactly re-interpreting MAME, but there's a production of MAME in Minneapolis right now where Mame is played by a man. Perhaps the first time Mame has been played by a man. No?

http://www.aboutmmt.org/about/history/mame/

And theaterkid1015, I think Cyndi Lauper would be an incredible Gooch. :)

It Hurts Me from All Shook Up
 Apr 26 2010, 01:42:18 PM
I'm looking for sheet music to "It Hurts Me" from All Shook Up.
Anyone have it?

I'm wondering if the lyrics on the cast recording are differant from what's printed in the music. The lyrics listed on those lyric-only websites has something differant.

If someone could let me know, that would be great. Thanks!

Legally Blonde Tour - St. Paul, MN
 May 3 2009, 11:45:36 PM
Saw the show for the 2nd time tonight here in St. Paul.
Show seems to be in great shape. Saw it a couple times on Broadway and yeah, it's paired down quite a bit, but the spirit and energy are there.

Is Kate Rockwell leaving this week? People seemed to call special attention to her in the curtain call tonight. Is Rhianon (sp?) coming back early?

BEST blooper I've seen in a LONG time.... When Kyle comes out with his 2nd package - the long white flower box... Natalie th

Can you take pics at Idina's concerts?
 Aug 9 2008, 09:40:10 AM
Can you take pics at Idina's concerts?
I'm seeing her in MN tonight.

Wanna Be in RENT contest winners?
 Dec 9 2007, 10:00:02 PM
Have the winners of the Wanna Be in RENT contest gone to NY for their audition, etc? Just curious how it all went for the three winners.

I thought bway.com, siteforrent or bww would have done a video or something.

Any info?

Cindy Tolan - Address?
 Aug 1 2006, 05:52:23 PM
Anyone know the address for Cindy Tolan Casting?

If so - Private Message me!

Thanks!!

GREASE Question
 Jul 7 2006, 08:25:52 AM
Do the vocal selections for the revival match the revival CD? Basically, are the songs in the same key?

I know sometimes they change the key between what the actors do on Bway and what they print in the vocal selections.

Show Recommendation: FLOYD COLLINS (Mpls, MN)
 May 9 2006, 11:09:22 AM
I know, I know, it's not Broadway exactly, but it's of Broadway subject matter. :)
I just saw an amazing show this weekend that I want to recommend to anyone in or near Minneapolis, MN. (closes 5/21)
FLOYD COLLINS - (by Adam Guettel who did The Light in the Piazza)
It's a rivoting piece of theatre done by a local theatre company - Theater Latte Da - one of the areas best places to see theatre next to the Guthrie and the best place in town to see musical theatre.

I don't ever remember hearing about this show when it first appeared. (I must have been living under a rock) But I'm very glad to have been introduced to it by Theatre Latte Da. http://www.latteda.org/

The set is AMAZING (esp considering they have such a small space to work with). A MUST see! And everyone in the show gives 120%
The orchestra is wondeful and I have to mention it again, because it was truly inspiring - the set was OUTSTANDING!!

So - go - run - see! Besides, Mpls is GORGEOUS this time of year.

re: Last 10 Shows You've Seen
 May 5 2006, 05:38:39 PM
1] Hamlet (Guthrie Theatre, MN)
2] Anon (Children's Theatre, MN)
3] Convinence (Minneapolis Musical Theatre, MN)
4] Wicked (Chicago)
5] Urinetown (Chicago)
6] Little Women (Tour: Minneapolis, MN)
7] Les Miz (Tour: St. Paul, MN)
8] Alladin (Children's Theatre, MN)
9] West Side Story (Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, MN)
10] JCS (Bloomington Civic Theatre, MN)

Quality of Wicked on Tour vs Wicked on Bway/Chicago?
 May 5 2006, 05:32:05 PM
I know most shows don't tour with all the gizmos, pizzaz, flash and glitz of Broadway. SO, what's differant between Bway/Chicago Wicked & the tour? (To me Chicago & Bway were pretty close)
Wicked Radio Commercial
 May 5 2006, 05:28:30 PM
I live in Mpls and I just heard the WICKED radio commercial for the first time. It was Defying Gravity but I didn't recognize the voice. Does anyone know who it is?

I was at work on a biz call at the time and I totally lost my train of thought and turned up the radio. (might have even gasped for joy! - sad, right?)

re: Look Ma, No Ears - new Mouskateer play
 Apr 24 2006, 05:27:38 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=9170

I think it's still on the BWW main page.

Look Ma, No Ears - new Mouskateer play
 Apr 24 2006, 04:52:21 PM
Has anyone seen this or does anyone have plans to?
I want reviews!! :)

I'm a huge diehard MMC fan fromt he 80's/90's (don't worry, I'm not obsessed as I once was.) and would love to hear more about this one.

Lindsey Alley is great! Check her out if you can!

re: Hairspray CD Questions
 Apr 21 2006, 05:29:18 PM
Oops! :)

Right - I meant to put Shoshana's name in the sentance about Shelley, but forgot. :)

re: RENT Concert Recording?
 Apr 21 2006, 09:32:51 AM
MarkCohen, how many Les Miz recordings are there? They still made a concert recording of that.
Plus, not to knock on the non-equity performers, but no one is going to buy random (for the most part) "nobodys" that made up the tour last year.

RENT Concert Recording?
 Apr 21 2006, 08:32:02 AM
Are there plans to make a CD or podcast of the anniversary show or the obc concert coming up? If not, I don't see how they could pass up this possibility to earn a few bucks. CLEARLY there's a market for this sort of a thing.

Just curious.

Hairspray CD Questions
 Apr 21 2006, 08:30:14 AM
At the end of Welcome to the 60's - which of the three Dynamite solos does Kamilah Martin sing?

Also, besides her "Shelly!" in Nicest Kids in Town, what other lines/ensemble parts does she play? One of the soloists in Big Doll House sounds like her, but I can't tell for sure.

Lastly, Jen G. has a solo in Big Doll House too, correct?

re: Cast the Current Idols
 Apr 20 2006, 09:10:57 AM
Sassy,
Loved the Paris - Aida/Little Inez offering, just because it's such a leap. I'd love to see her pull a Charlotte D' and cover both at the same time (if Aida was still open and they were produced by the same people). See her as Aida at the matine and then catch her as Little I at night.

Taylor - Movin Out vocalist if he plays the piano.

Ace could be the usher who takes out the trash at the end of the night. Glad he's gone!

TAYLOR HICKS - as - EDNA TURN

Hairspray Tour going Non-Equity?
 Apr 18 2006, 05:32:54 PM
Sorry for the double post if there is another... (I tried searching and for some reason sometimes the search doesnt work for me)

Is it old news that the tour is going non-equity, soon?

re: What show are YOU currently working on?
 Apr 17 2006, 04:30:30 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You