pixeltracker

Show Recommendation: FLOYD COLLINS (Mpls, MN)

Show Recommendation: FLOYD COLLINS (Mpls, MN)

MrMarkCharlieBrownCohen Profile Photo
MrMarkCharlieBrownCohen
#0Show Recommendation: FLOYD COLLINS (Mpls, MN)
Posted: 5/9/06 at 11:09am

I know, I know, it's not Broadway exactly, but it's of Broadway subject matter. :)
I just saw an amazing show this weekend that I want to recommend to anyone in or near Minneapolis, MN. (closes 5/21)
FLOYD COLLINS - (by Adam Guettel who did The Light in the Piazza)
It's a rivoting piece of theatre done by a local theatre company - Theater Latte Da - one of the areas best places to see theatre next to the Guthrie and the best place in town to see musical theatre.

I don't ever remember hearing about this show when it first appeared. (I must have been living under a rock) But I'm very glad to have been introduced to it by Theatre Latte Da. http://www.latteda.org/

The set is AMAZING (esp considering they have such a small space to work with). A MUST see! And everyone in the show gives 120%
The orchestra is wondeful and I have to mention it again, because it was truly inspiring - the set was OUTSTANDING!!

So - go - run - see! Besides, Mpls is GORGEOUS this time of year.

Theatre Latte Da Updated On: 5/9/06 at 11:09 AM

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#1re: Show Recommendation: FLOYD COLLINS (Mpls, MN)
Posted: 5/13/06 at 8:20am

Glad you enjoyed the show! I'm in it and I'm happy you had the chance to catch Floyd. It's been a great experience and I hope more people from the city can come for our final performances.

Thanks for the mention!

CompletlyNakedStatue Profile Photo
CompletlyNakedStatue
#2re: Show Recommendation: FLOYD COLLINS (Mpls, MN)
Posted: 5/15/06 at 3:10pm

I just saw this for a second time, it's a stunning production. So I'm "bumping" this thread -- go see it it in its last week!

colleen_lee
#3re: Show Recommendation: FLOYD COLLINS (Mpls, MN)
Posted: 5/15/06 at 3:20pm

I want to see this production badly, but I am doubtful that I will have the time before it closes.

However, congratulations to the cast on great performances and congrats to Latte Da on another fabulous production. They really are a Twin Cities theater gem.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Videos