pixeltracker

Children of Eden London Recording

Children of Eden London Recording

StageGuy99 Profile Photo
StageGuy99
#0Children of Eden London Recording
Posted: 6/24/06 at 11:21pm

So i finally got a hold of a copy of it and really enjoyed it. Quite different from the Papermill recording. Has anyone else heard it and what do you think?

"The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but it is also the return of art to life." -Oscar Wilde

jman
#1re: Children of Eden London Recording
Posted: 6/25/06 at 2:18am

I've been trying to get a copy! I love the music and would love to hear this recording to compare. Where did you find it?

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#2re: Children of Eden London Recording
Posted: 6/25/06 at 2:20am

Love Ken Paige as God and Ruffele doing "Stranger to the Rain" and I like the title song much better than the US version. But, there is so much in that album that needed replacing.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

Singin Fo' Jesus
#3re: Children of Eden London Recording
Posted: 6/25/06 at 8:15am

No for real...how do I get my hands on a copy of this CD?

EganFan2
#4re: Children of Eden London Recording
Posted: 6/25/06 at 8:27am

It's on Amazon, isn't it?

Anyway, I love this show. The music is amazing. I don't like the score to "Wicked" (same composer) but I love this.

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#5re: Children of Eden London Recording
Posted: 6/25/06 at 10:16am

That's so funny, because I think Schwartz ripped off a lot of Wicked from Children of Eden.

I'm doing the show now, actually, and am really interested to hear the London recording. Maybe the harmonies come through better, which would further help me to learn the alto parts :-P

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

Videos