News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Alice147

Member Name: Alice147
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SeatPlan Broadway  Jan 24 2020, 06:58:41 AM

If our customers suggest a venue over email, social media (or in this case, forum!) we add it to our list of feature requests - and Circle in the Square, Beaumont and the Palace (post-renovation) have all been included! 

SeatPlan Broadway  Jan 22 2020, 10:12:13 AM

Esther said: "There are numerous errors in the accessibilty information for several theaters- the Cort, the Shubert, the O'Neill all have invalid info just from a quick look through."

Thanks for raising the access info issue, Esther - I'll make sure the team look into this. 

SeatPlan Broadway  Jan 22 2020, 06:00:56 AM

Thanks for all of the feedback, guys! I work at SeatPlan and we're really pleased to know the Rewards programme is an incentive for you. 

To answer one of your questions - you're more than welcome to submit multiple reviews for the same venue! As long as they're not duplicates of the same seat at the same performance (and meet our other guidelines), we will approve them. 

We also have a three-per-performance policy, so if you attend a show with a frien

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Jun 3 2019, 06:40:59 AM

"Does anyone know if the view from Dress Circle Right, A2 is somewhat blocked by the tall safety rail at the end of the bottom of the stairs?"

I don't think it's too much of a problem; I think the safety rail in the Balcony is more restrictive out of the two? A2 is nice and central as well so you won't miss out from the curve at the sides of the section. 

I don't have a pic of A2 to hand as an example but we have A3 on our website here, which shows how wide the view is. 

I hope you enjoy the show! 

Thoughts on Back to the Future The Musical?  May 29 2019, 12:13:46 PM

"the combination of the musical styles from the 1980s and 1950s is very intriguing."

I definitely agree with this. Plus, Manchester has good form for successful pre-West End productions. The same venue is premiering & Juliet this year as well. 

To Kill a Mockingbird seating help  May 29 2019, 06:00:48 AM

The Balcony overhang starts quite early in the Mezz, and it drops into the top of the stage by around rows G/H (although how much this affects the view depends on the show and set!) I also think some of the back seats can become restricted if people in front lean forward, so rows E to G might be good value options! 

I'd agree with haterobics that the front Balcony could be a nice choice (price permitting) and people sitting there tend to like it. We have some photos from the front row of the Balcony and mid-rows of the Mezz here, if you prefer real view-from-seat references to help you decide. 

I hope you enjoy the show!

If you could choose one show to transfer for next season, which do you choose?  May 22 2019, 07:54:30 AM

I've just got to say, it's so interesting reading everyone's responses to this! I'm used to hearing discussions about which Broadway shows should transfer to the West End, so hearing the other side of the conversation feels nice. 

I have a feeling Marianne Elliott's Company will get over to New York at some point - hopefully, anyway. And if some of the West End cast are free, all the better (especially Jonathan Bailey, who was amazing). 

Next Jenna in Waitress  May 22 2019, 06:26:15 AM

Yes, I saw the reactions online yesterday! The Ashley Roberts news had been leaked in the Metro last week, I believe? Definitely interesting reading everyone's comments - especially from other actors!

Adaptations You Would Like To See?  May 21 2019, 11:17:50 AM

MadAboutTheBoy said: "Quite a few suggestions on here I hadn't thought of before but now would love to see! (I second Moonstruck, Babette's Feast, She Devil, Miss Congeniality, Hocus Pocus, and Dorian Gray (although there's not much of a plot there).

I would add the following:

• "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day"
  • A musical version of "Prelude to a Kiss"

"

Miss Pettigrew Lives for

If you could choose one show to transfer for next season, which do you choose?  May 21 2019, 11:17:08 AM

Mike Barrett said: "Im talking off broadway, pre broadway, or London transfers. 

I think for me it clearly comes down to 2 choices. Fairview, and The Inheritance. Fairview I've heard may not be able to be replicated on a proscenium stage, but I am so intrigued by this show and really hope to catch it this summer after it just extended. The Inheritance, pretty much speaks for itself. New, award winning 7 and a half hour d

Adaptations You Would Like To See?  May 21 2019, 07:30:57 AM

HamilHansen said: "Alice147 said: "twinklingstar said: "I've been wanting to see Neil Gaiman's novel "The Graveyard Book" adapted into a musical for years. It's just so fun and perfect."

That would be amazing! I love Neil Gaiman, and with so much of his work being adapted for film (Stardust, Coraline) and television (American Gods, Good Omens - which I can't wait for), a theatre project would be a really interesting mov

Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 21 2019, 07:30:01 AM

OKBroadwayFan said: "I loved Head Over Heels"

Head Over Heels sounds really interesting! Definitely caught my eye when I was looking at Broadway shows.

AMERICAN UTOPIA comes to Broadway  May 18 2019, 11:57:14 AM

DrowsyKaye said: "Alice147 said: "DrowsyKaye said: "I saw this tour last year and it's truly a thrilling performance. Curious how much, if at all, they're going to deviate from the concert-feel of it all. I'm definitely gonna try and check it out."

Does it have a narrative arc? I'm intrigued by the description on Playbill: "theatrical concert experience"!
"

Definitely doesn't have a coherent narr

Adaptations You Would Like To See?  May 17 2019, 12:21:45 PM

gleek4114 said: "Forever waiting for Hocus Pocus to happen.

I’ve also wanted a Miss Congeniality musical starring Stephanie J. Block for years.
"

Were there ever plans for Hocus Pocus on stage? Or do we all just have to hope & dream?  

Adaptations You Would Like To See?  May 17 2019, 12:21:10 PM

twinklingstar said: "I've been wanting to see Neil Gaiman's novel "The Graveyard Book" adapted into a musical for years. It's just so fun and perfect."

That would be amazing! I love Neil Gaiman, and with so much of his work being adapted for film (Stardust, Coraline) and television (American Gods, Good Omens - which I can't wait for), a theatre project would be a really interesting move. The Graveyard Book is a perfect choice, I agree. 

Next Jenna in Waitress  May 17 2019, 12:14:07 PM

WestEndGal said: "Mike Barrett said: "Im so confused... what drama is there? An understudy went on? If she's taking over for Kat McPhee when she's done and is her understudy she can still perform before her announced taking over of the role..."

Lucie’s not the understudy, but is apparently going to be the new Jenna when Katharine leaves on 15th June. It’s not been officially announced yet. But Lucie debuted as Jenna yesterday because

AMERICAN UTOPIA comes to Broadway  May 17 2019, 12:10:02 PM

DrowsyKaye said: "I saw this tour last year and it's truly a thrilling performance. Curious how much, if at all, they're going to deviate from the concert-feel of it all. I'm definitely gonna try and check it out."

Does it have a narrative arc? I'm intrigued by the description on Playbill: "theatrical concert experience"!

Cher Show Appreciation  May 16 2019, 12:54:06 PM

Really interested to read everyone's thoughts on here. I'm hoping to see the show if/when it comes to the West End! 

HADESTOWN SEATING?  May 16 2019, 11:42:23 AM

tgirl16 said: "Has anyone seen it from the balcony? Is it worth the extra money to sit in the mezz or orchestra?"

The Balcony is pretty steep and cramped (legroom-wise) at the Walter Kerr, so you might find it uncomfortable after a while; the main complaint about the Balcony seems to be comfort rather than view (although the views are comparatively "worse" than the Orchestra and Mezz).

I think if you're on a budget and can deal with the downsides then it's an option, but I've seen a lot of comments that the Mezz (< link with pic!) is the real star for Hadestown. People who've seen the show will hopefully be able to provide some proper Balcony feedback for you, however :) 

Emilia West End - Baby Matinee  May 10 2019, 04:30:27 AM

Fosse76 said: "This would never work. I cannot seeany reason to bring a baby into a Broadway theater (or a movie theater for that matter). Even if every member of the audience is willing to tolerate the unbearable distractions that will result, Even the best of performers would find it very difficult to navigate their performances though the noise and constant movement."

Fair points! This was actually an advertised matinee specifically for parents/carers and their &l

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You