News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TBFL

TBFL Profile Photo
Member Name: TBFL
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Operation Mincemeat Musical - London  Apr 16 2024, 01:23:54 AM
If anyone saw the 2008 Broadway production of 'The 39 Steps' where the story is told by only 4 actors and very few props, it's not dissimilar to that, in terms of style and tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vd-XpwOggE

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Apr 16 2024, 01:10:46 AM

Is this production perfect? No. Does everything work? No.  Is this one of the most thrilling nights i've had in a theatre in a very long time? Yes.

Jamie Lloyd had a very clear vision for his production of SB. It's unlike anything before it and I doubt we'll see anyting like it again, as far as SB goes. Somehow he is able to create an atmosphere that engulfs the entire audience. Seriously. When Nicole comes forward to sing any of the big numbers, there is a silence tha

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season  Apr 15 2024, 07:34:16 AM

The8re phan said: "TBFL said: "I hope they start doing the promo rounds soon. I wonder if this might get lost in Sunset's shadow."

I have tickets for both the same weekend in late October, and am more excited about TF than SB
"

Likewise I have tickets for both SB and TF for a weekend in November, and despite having seen them both before, it's TF that i'm coming for.

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread  Apr 15 2024, 12:51:10 AM

jkcohen626 said: "Wallace killed it, of course, and Guys and Dolls is already a huge hit. But, it feels odd to not do Luck Be a Lady or Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat. Is Take Back Your Mink more iconic than I realize?"

Not a fan of her performances at all, but then I didn't like the production that much either. It WAS a huge hit, now ticket sales are very slow and there's no one in the cast to entice people in. I'll be very surprised if it lasts th

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season  Apr 14 2024, 07:04:39 AM

I hope they start doing the promo rounds soon. I wonder if this might get lost in Sunset's shadow.

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD  Apr 14 2024, 07:00:59 AM

Dolly80 said: "TBFL said: "TaffyDavenport said: "The "split screen" of "This Time Next Year" is one of the best pieces of staging I've ever seen, if not the best."

The Jamie Lloyd production heading to NYC has a nice little homage to that staging. When they light the scene, the light only goes up to about the height That the house raised to in the original. Not sure if it was intentional, seems too similar for it not to b

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 11 2024, 03:06:04 AM

QueenAlice said: "Rachel has a major following in the UK. Partly from her work on TV. She is more well known there than Mandy Gonzalez is here. I guess I was thinking about when Donna Murphy was the alternate for Bette Midler- Murphy is a two time Tony winner and a Broadway star in her own right. Casting an alternate with no box office power seems risky. They would probably be wiser to just do 7 shows a week rather than do 8 with someone who isn’t very well known."

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 11 2024, 02:49:39 AM
Now we wait to see if they include 'Something Bad'
It was one of the first things they filmed. Will be interesting to see how they dub his voice onto the actor who played him physically.

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD  Apr 11 2024, 02:42:55 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "The "split screen" of "This Time Next Year" is one of the best pieces of staging I've ever seen, if not the best."

The Jamie Lloyd production heading to NYC has a nice little homage to that staging. When they light the scene, the light only goes up to about the height That the house raised to in the original. Not sure if it was intentional, seems too similar for it not to be.

As great as that set design is, it&

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 06:13:30 PM

I loved Amy Lennox's Sally. I get why the Olivier Awards performance was polarising, but it was still thrilling, even more so in the actual performamce.

Does Sally still use a hand held mic in some songs? That still baffles me...

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 11:04:22 AM

Tonorrow 10am now...

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 10:49:09 AM
a timing bar, or clock or something to say where you in the queue or waiting room would be really helpful.

Can't just sit here waiting for something to happen. Awful system.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 10:40:08 AM

You have to close the access code to get access to dates, but then that just take you into the jail cell that is the waiting room

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 2 2024, 09:10:56 AM

You wont see much of the Lion, at least not close up. Dorothy and co. are in the film as much as they are in the stage show,

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 08:59:45 AM
Speaking of - how much work has been done to the theatre? In LDN they completely rebuilt the balcony section, because of the placement of the new stage. Yes it's now steeper than it was but the view is pretty good. much better than the old balcony. Thankfully the built the rows with very high backs, so you never got vertigo like youi would from a much more open, regular seat.
Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 1 2024, 10:35:01 PM

NOWaWarning said: "If the brief shot of the lion in the teaser is any indication, Dillamond will be a literal goat instead of a humanoid goat"

How do you know he's not a humanoid lion from the front? lol All of the characters/costumes in that shot are just slightly different from the 1939 version that everyone knows. You recognise them, but they're not the same. Basically they were not paying for licence to be able to copy the costumes. From the back, Bert La

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 1 2024, 10:18:45 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s weird that they’re not saying. A lot of people know who it is and it’s very good casting that nobody would ever think of, but I don’t understand why it’s so hush-hush."

Whoever it is, and i genuinely don't know who,  he's definitely not the person who filmed the part of Dr Dillamond. The reason you haven't seen him yet, is because they're still doing the visual effects for the character, w

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 1 2024, 09:56:39 PM

Why would a production that was so successful in London, breaking BO records and has the tied record for the musical with the most Olivier Award wins, change anything when it transfers to Broadway.

If you hated it so much, why go back?

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season  Mar 27 2024, 08:23:03 PM

Certainly in the Film 'The Eyes of Tammy Faye' which is based on the same material this is, it's clear that she was kept out of all the business stuff, they were meant to be wives and mothers only in those days, though it's only briefly referenced in the musical.

bway1430 said: " also agree that "Right Kind of Faith" is a fab song and the scene that supports it is when the show really took off for me. Katie earned her Olivier right then and there.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season  Mar 26 2024, 11:45:24 AM

Ensemble1711444445 said: "Not sure which is more depressing a musical about a con woman who ripped off poor people in the nameof Jesus or the Queen of Versailles about a maga woman ripping people off to spend time with Trump at mar a Lago

I'm not convinced that Tammy Faye was a con woman. Hugely naive, yes, but I don't believe she was aware of the scams that Jim Bakker pulled. Her trusting nature and compassion for others despite popular opinions at

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You