News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TBFL

TBFL Profile Photo
Member Name: TBFL
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 25 2024, 11:19:38 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "There’s no point in transferring this production anywherewithout Jamie Parker. His performance is just as strong as Levy’s and for me, one of the best male performances I’ve ever seen in a musical. And I mean EVER."

PREACH!!

Jamie Parker has done 2 shows on Broadway and is a Tony Award nominee for Best Actor in a Play. There's no way he wouldnt be allowed to go if it actually does transfer.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 25 2024, 02:00:33 AM

I;ve been  inside of that train! The inside set is tiny, it;s like 1 personal cabin,no more than a bench and a window. Very cute though. One of the bigger sets they didnt show much of was the govenors mansion - the detail insode is crazy. The wallpaper was all hand painted, the carvings and mouldings were all handcarved,.as were all the tables and chairs and and the chamdaliers were beautiful. Not much of the forest set was shown either - including this massive birds nest type set, where

Jul 20 2024, 01:17:32 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "I also imagine thatproduction being shut down for months due to the SAG strike might've also added to the budget."

It wasn't shut down for as long as you might think, as Jon Chu worked with actors not involved with the strike e.g Jonathan Bailey, other brit actors in smaller roles. They also did some filming using doubles.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 20 2024, 01:09:17 PM

Imagine Googie Gomez from The Ritz, playing Norma Desmond.

It really wasn't that far from it.

I believe she was the only named London Norma to not play it on Broadway as well.

Chances of Caissie Levy Led NEXT TO NORMAL Coming to Broadway?
 Jul 6 2024, 02:33:44 PM

Levy sings it too cleanly and it's too pretty. I really don't get that much depth from her performance.

Jamie Parker acts her off the stage. I'll see if it any different at the Wyndhams in a few weeks.

Imelda Staunton Hello, Dolly starts tonight!
 Jul 6 2024, 02:23:56 PM

I'd lower your expectations if I were you. Apparently it's been an interesting rehersal period.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 6 2024, 02:12:44 PM

"Speaking of Idina, I could see Jackie Burns being a good fit for the alternate."

She's doing the Cher role in Burlesque the Musical in the UK, till November

https://burlesqueonstage.com/

Jul 1 2024, 03:39:22 PM

Wasn't Eden Espinosa Idina's understudy in the original cast? 

Or maybe she was her Standby? Did they even have them when the show opened?

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jul 1 2024, 12:08:50 AM

bway1430 said: "I can't agree with yourtake that it is an intimate story. Yes, the story focuses on the relationship ofJim and Tammy Faye Bakker but not just with each other. The bigger/mainstory is Tammy Faye's connection to the millions of viewers on PTL who adored her and sent cash donations by the truckload.

The greater part of the show was set in a television studio which is far from intimate. The Almeida was likely a chance to tryout the material which, altho

Jun 30 2024, 04:34:16 AM

I don't think it is and that's why i think it will struggle at the Palace. At the heart of it is an intimate story between a hadful of people and supersizing the scale of everything you could lose that.

What was the reasoning behind taking The Palace? Because it's new refurb and opening? location? 1648 is a big number and as i recall, it's not the most intimate of theatres.

Jun 28 2024, 09:09:06 PM

Ke3 said: "All the reports I've heard about this said it was Elton's best score in years but that Shears lyrics were bad. And since melodies can't cover terrible lyrics it kind of killed any excitement I had for it."

I disagree about the lyrics being bad. Granted, they're not Sondheim clever, but they're also not completely obvious, that you see coming a mile off. Not that this is great standard to measure them by, but they're 1000 x better th

Jun 27 2024, 08:51:27 PM

bway1430 said: "I am also curious how they will cast Falwell, butBrooks Ashmanskas would be spot on.

My one fear is that they would bring over some of the London supporting cast which, Zubin Varla aside, were not good. Terrible accents and over-exaggerated performances that have hopefully been toned down in the revised version.
"

Please not Brooks Ashmanskas. He always just plays Brooks Ashmanskas and Falwell isn't a gay comedy character.

I'm

Jun 27 2024, 08:37:16 PM

Broadway Flash said: "They obviously don’t care about putting bigger names in the show. if they did, Tammy would have at least been played by someone like JessieMueller or Laura bell Bundy.
Also, Christian borle was on smash. It’s not like he’s never done anything outside the theatre.
"

The far bigger story is a complete unknown who becomes a star overnight. Ok, that might be a bit of an exageration, but Katie Brayben got nothing but rave re

Jun 27 2024, 01:10:26 PM

I wonder if they might go for a bigger name for Jerry Falwell. It's a great part, great songs and won Zubin Varla the Olivier Award. I'd go as far as to say that it's the best male role in the show. Jim is always in Tammy's shadow

Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812 to open in London
 Jun 25 2024, 09:58:22 PM

With Tim Sheader directing, who knows what you'll get. His time at Regents Park saw him have massive hits and big mis-fires. His Ragtime and Carousel were 2 of the worst things I have ever seen.

"Untitled Immersive Musical Attraction" from POTO LLC
 Jun 20 2024, 08:40:15 AM

Broadway Flash said: "This seems so weird to me. Why would Cameronmackintosh agree to this? Wouldn’t he make more money by just doing a scaled down version of the original and put it in a smaller theatre back on Broadway?"

It closed because people were bored of it and ticket sales were down. Why put the same thing back on again when you can do something much more interesting

Jun 17 2024, 03:09:07 AM

I guess when he did the press launch earlier this year, that they had a deal in place?

He definitely wanted better terms/more money.

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical headed to the UK and West End in 2024
 Jun 4 2024, 11:16:16 PM
Then i take it back. My apologies. I was under the impression he was still in that role.
Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jun 4 2024, 11:08:59 PM

The new logo is awful. It reads more like a production of Hair or something from one of the old Beatle's films. Whats with all the musical instruments in it?

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be selling that well, so there will be plenty of discounts available. Hopefully.

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical headed to the UK and West End in 2024
 Jun 4 2024, 11:02:49 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I, too, would love to know how substantial the rewrites are since Chicago.

One other big creative team change:

The music supervisor, arranger, and orchestrator is now Tom Deering (who had similar roles onStanding at the Sky's Edgeand Tammy Faye). Previously, Elton's collaboratorGiles Martin was the orchestrator (who is now just theMusic Producer) and the Music Sup was Nadia DiGiallonardo.
"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You