News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TBFL

TBFL Profile Photo
Member Name: TBFL
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York
 May 8 2024, 10:01:31 PM

bigbelterbaby said: "Unfortunately I think the show is too British to appeal to a wide audience. There’s a lot of shows on the West End that have done well there but are so based on British culture and sensibilities that don’t translate. Just look at the tempid reception to Patriots and Cabaret and will likely happen to Sunset Boulevard."

None of those shows you mentioned are 'based on British culture and sensibilities that don't translate'

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?
 May 6 2024, 08:23:42 AM

Ouch. I can only imagine how long it toiok them to get to that point, do 1 production in Leicester and then just have it all binned.  You kinda wonder how it got to that point, surely the production team had heard the music before then

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?
 May 6 2024, 05:21:53 AM

The original score that was written for this by the Grey Garden's team, Scott Frankel (music) and Michael Korie (lyrics), was it totally scrapped, or are there still some bits from that in the current version?

& JULIET Replacement Casting
 May 3 2024, 11:10:12 PM

Having an American Shakespeare on the US recording is so weird for me. Everyone else, it doesn't bother me, but Sands' Shakespeare was all sorts of wrong.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 30 2024, 10:49:05 PM

The pre show is still in the London production

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination
 Apr 30 2024, 10:30:51 PM

Cabaret getting 9 nominations, despite the reviews it got from the critics,

I guess the Tony voters liked it more than they did,

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 10:24:08 PM

Is there a Van Horn in this AND Witches of Eastwick??

"My Neighbor Totoro" Stage adaptation to be staged by RSC; Tom Morton-Smith adapting script to English
 Apr 23 2024, 11:15:47 PM

Having not seen the film, I went in blind and whilst the puppetry was well done, I couldnt abide the rest of it and left at the interval. It was SO slow. That first half was longer than the original film was. The GL seems a very small stage considering the size of it at the Barbican

Next to Normal Broadway Revival?
 Apr 20 2024, 08:37:17 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Caissie was/is remarkable in this. My dream was that she would have surprised everyone and won the Olivier last week over Nicole. I can’t wait for this summer to see her again. Along with Jamie Parker who is the best Dan I’ve ever seen."

Thank you! For me, Jamie Parker was the heart of this production of N2N. Completely different to how it's been played before. Literally watching him and his world fall apart, after trying to kee

Operation Mincemeat Musical - London
 Apr 16 2024, 01:23:54 AM
If anyone saw the 2008 Broadway production of 'The 39 Steps' where the story is told by only 4 actors and very few props, it's not dissimilar to that, in terms of style and tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vd-XpwOggE

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
 Apr 16 2024, 01:10:46 AM

Is this production perfect? No. Does everything work? No.  Is this one of the most thrilling nights i've had in a theatre in a very long time? Yes.

Jamie Lloyd had a very clear vision for his production of SB. It's unlike anything before it and I doubt we'll see anyting like it again, as far as SB goes. Somehow he is able to create an atmosphere that engulfs the entire audience. Seriously. When Nicole comes forward to sing any of the big numbers, there is a silence tha

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Apr 15 2024, 07:34:16 AM

The8re phan said: "TBFL said: "I hope they start doing the promo rounds soon. I wonder if this might get lost in Sunset's shadow."

I have tickets for both the same weekend in late October, and am more excited about TF than SB
"

Likewise I have tickets for both SB and TF for a weekend in November, and despite having seen them both before, it's TF that i'm coming for.

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 15 2024, 12:51:10 AM

jkcohen626 said: "Wallace killed it, of course, and Guys and Dolls is already a huge hit. But, it feels odd to not do Luck Be a Lady or Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat. Is Take Back Your Mink more iconic than I realize?"

Not a fan of her performances at all, but then I didn't like the production that much either. It WAS a huge hit, now ticket sales are very slow and there's no one in the cast to entice people in. I'll be very surprised if it lasts th

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Apr 14 2024, 07:04:39 AM

I hope they start doing the promo rounds soon. I wonder if this might get lost in Sunset's shadow.

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Apr 14 2024, 07:00:59 AM

Dolly80 said: "TBFL said: "TaffyDavenport said: "The "split screen" of "This Time Next Year" is one of the best pieces of staging I've ever seen, if not the best."

The Jamie Lloyd production heading to NYC has a nice little homage to that staging. When they light the scene, the light only goes up to about the height That the house raised to in the original. Not sure if it was intentional, seems too similar for it not to b

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Apr 11 2024, 03:06:04 AM

QueenAlice said: "Rachel has a major following in the UK. Partly from her work on TV. She is more well known there than Mandy Gonzalez is here. I guess I was thinking about when Donna Murphy was the alternate for Bette Midler- Murphy is a two time Tony winner and a Broadway star in her own right. Casting an alternate with no box office power seems risky. They would probably be wiser to just do 7 shows a week rather than do 8 with someone who isn’t very well known."

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 11 2024, 02:49:39 AM
Now we wait to see if they include 'Something Bad'
It was one of the first things they filmed. Will be interesting to see how they dub his voice onto the actor who played him physically.

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Apr 11 2024, 02:42:55 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "The "split screen" of "This Time Next Year" is one of the best pieces of staging I've ever seen, if not the best."

The Jamie Lloyd production heading to NYC has a nice little homage to that staging. When they light the scene, the light only goes up to about the height That the house raised to in the original. Not sure if it was intentional, seems too similar for it not to be.

As great as that set design is, it&

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews
 Apr 2 2024, 06:13:30 PM

I loved Amy Lennox's Sally. I get why the Olivier Awards performance was polarising, but it was still thrilling, even more so in the actual performamce.

Does Sally still use a hand held mic in some songs? That still baffles me...

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Apr 2 2024, 11:04:22 AM

Tonorrow 10am now...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You