News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hveasey

Member Name: hveasey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 4 2020, 10:26:18 PM
Had row C center orchestra for The Minutes last night. Perfect seat for the show. I was very pleasantly surprised after the couple negative reports here about the seats, but it’s the blessing and curse of TDF that the seating varies night to night and is somewhat random.
The Minutes Preview Thread
 Mar 4 2020, 10:22:45 PM
Saw the show last night and overall enjoyed it although the ending seemed to not fit with the rest of the piece and only worked with some further thought/reflection as it’s very jarring. Thinking about it later, it’s clearly metaphorical but in the moment it doesn’t play that way and takes you out of things.

The writing and acting is generally good, and I was surprised at how much I liked Armie Hammer in this. Never really been impressed with his film work, but I thought he was great h

Audience Rewards
 Mar 2 2020, 04:07:01 PM
Very good news about being able to get points for TKTS tickets. Anyone know if you can also get points for TDF orders?
The Official TDF Thread
 Feb 14 2020, 04:05:33 PM
Hangmen is back up for the 28th, 29th, and 3/2.
The Official TDF Thread
 Feb 10 2020, 07:48:20 PM

GreasedLightning said: "I got a ticket for The Minutes the first time it briefly popped up a week or two ago. I was also concerned I’d get a cancellation email because the listing came and went very quickly, but I recently had to call TDF for a problem I was having with my account and was able to confirm with them over the phone that the order was indeed confirmed. Hope this helps! "

Thanks, it does. Glad the order is going to be fulfilled, as oppos

The Official TDF Thread
 Feb 10 2020, 06:11:16 PM
I managed to grab a ticket to The Minutes while it was briefly up, hoping I don’t get a cancellation e-mail later.

Girl From the North Country is up for two performances this week.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/2/20
 Feb 3 2020, 06:39:28 PM
Is this the first time Hadestown has been under 100% potential gross since the Tony noms?
The Official TDF Thread
 Jan 24 2020, 02:26:35 PM

Age_of_Mendacity said: "For the hottest of seconds, Medea was up for Monday (1/27). Maybe it'll pop up again."

It came up earlier today for a second for that same 1/27 show. Managed to grab the last single ticket. 

Mary Testa Working On MOST HAPPY FELLA With Daniel Fish
 Jan 19 2020, 11:56:21 PM
Very interesting, thanks for the bit of news.
Satine mid-show switch @ Moulin Rouge 1/1?
 Jan 4 2020, 12:33:16 AM

FlyHigh523 said: "EvaLyn said: "To be fair to Karen, who I saw in Moulin Rouge both times I saw it and in West Side Story both times I saw it, Satine is a really vocally and physically demanding role.

I actually would love to see any of her understudies though, so if there is any preplanned missed shows for her, is there a place to check? And is SRO the only option for cheap tickets aside from the lotto at the moment (is last minute cheap Stubhub a possibility?)

A New Decade Begins - What Are You Seeing in 2020?
 Dec 29 2019, 02:16:37 AM

Just what I already have booked:

Shows:

The Inheritance (part 1) 2nd time

Grand Horizons

Moby Dick in Boston

The Band's Visit tour in Philadelphia

Jagged Little Pill

The Big Time at McCarter Theatre/Princeton

Assassins

Cabaret/Concert shows:

Kathleen Turner at Green Room 42

Beth Leavel at 54 Below

Reeve Carney at Green Room 42

Jeremy Jordan at 54 Below

Audra McDonald at Kimmel C

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/22/19
 Dec 23 2019, 04:48:47 PM

ModernMillie3 said: "Oh my, those numbers for The Inheritance. I was going to see it again in March, I hope it survives that long "

I wasn’t planning on seeing it again for a little while longer but with the ticket deals they’ve been offering and those grosses, I decided to see it again in the next two weeks as I’m concerned the plug might get pulled sooner rather than later.

On the other hand, they did just release a whole new block of tickets and I’d be surprised to see it not run at least until the Tonys. This really isn’t a show that appeals to the holiday tourist crowd so I wouldn’t expect it to be doing great grosses during this period anyways.  I think the Inheritance made a big mistake not opening in February/March when awards hype might carry them for longer and then they could’ve done a big marketing push during Pride month.

Grand Horizons Previews
 Dec 23 2019, 02:35:34 PM
Going Sunday night, hoping to hear good things from the first previews.
The Official TDF Thread
 Dec 3 2019, 03:54:57 PM
Jagged Little Pill up for a bunch of Wednesday matinee through 1/29 and for night shows on 12/18, 12/19, 1/8, and 1/15.
The Official TDF Thread
 Nov 22 2019, 11:35:55 AM

@z5 said: "Cyrano is up for a few dates "

Thanks! Grabbed next Saturday.

Saw Evita through TDF last night, seats were Grand Tier row B, dead center. Perfect.

The Official TDF Thread
 Nov 12 2019, 07:29:13 PM
Seared is up for tomorrow’s matinee. Think that’s the first time it has been up.
Tootsie Is Closing
 Nov 11 2019, 08:03:24 PM

joevitus said: "Not having seen it, why does the choice of theater play such a big role? Is it too big a house for the sized audience the show attracts (would it have done better off-Broadway)? Or is it something else? Thanks in advance."

Basically yes, it’s playing at way too big a theater. If it was somewhere smaller and able to get the grosses it has had it might have been fine to run a while longer, but even making close to a million dollars some weeks, it

Dave Malloy's Moby Dick at A.R.T.
 Oct 31 2019, 05:21:14 PM
Very excited for this show, although I won’t be seeing it until January. I haven’t heard anything about a NY run but with the talent involved, it’d be shocking for it to not run in NY after Boston.
The Official TDF Thread
 Oct 28 2019, 05:23:52 PM
Hmm. I managed to grab tickets for 11/20 at 8 and haven’t gotten a correction e-mail although I see it’s all matinee performances on the site.

Hopefully they honor the original sale, since I can’t make a 2 PM show or at least give a refund if it’s changed.

The Official TDF Thread
 Oct 25 2019, 02:32:41 PM
Mean Girls is up for M/T/W next week.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You