News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nycmusical

Member Name: nycmusical
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Review of The Nose at MetOPera
 Oct 4 2013, 01:05:18 PM
His voice is very big now and I cannot imagine another baritone sounding so good in this role( or able to learn it...) He is such a great performer and very talented musician.
I follow his beautiful career since South Pacific and he sounds better and better each time I see him.
It was known, at the time he was doing Manon, that he got a horrible flu and stayed for several days at St. Lukes Hospital, which made him cancel the rest of Manon( they never fired him, please don't spre

Review of The Nose at MetOPera
 Oct 3 2013, 01:55:52 PM
I saw the show on Saturday and it was incredible.
We are not used to see such high quality productions.
I was amazed! Paulo is the most talented singer I know and what he does on that stage is incredible.
Such power and stamina. This is a production that The Met should keep for years to come...

NYTimes story on Petition that wants Met Gala dedicated to gay rights- Bart Sher statement
 Aug 21 2013, 11:20:54 PM
The timing could not be more perfect since their second russian opera "The Nose", opening next month at the Met, starring Paulo Szot is exactly about living the nightmare of being different inside a rotten society in St Petersburg.. It's based on Gogol's book. Shostakovich wrote the music and it was banned from russian theaters for decades since it criticizes their society so badly.

The Met might not accept the petition to dedicate the Gala to gay artists but
on both first r

Paulo Szot @54Below
 Aug 13 2013, 04:15:46 PM
The Met's The Nose is the most amazing production ever!
William Kentridge is a genius!
The music is of course modern, as it should be for the period, but it's of a great quality and Paulo plays the role like a monster of theater!

O'Hara & Pasquale lead 'The Bridges of Madison County' on Broadway
 Aug 12 2013, 11:47:33 AM
The show made for Kelli.
so its decided...

Les Mis 2014 Casting?
 Aug 12 2013, 11:38:49 AM
Paulo makes what Javert should do at that moment.
we are so used to hear voiceless people doing it so we really forgot how powerful and intense Stars should sound. The only delicate moment should be....Stars, in your multitudes... and does it in a singular way, linked with the previous phrase and in such intense pianissimo.
Let's not talk about the end which is just as phenomenal as it can get.
NO One can make it they way Paulo does.

and Dave19, I think you speakers are defo

Les Mis 2014 Casting?
 Aug 12 2013, 10:39:48 AM
"Paulo Szot as Javert"

Wow, This is the best "Stars"ever!
I had no idea the song could sound so good!

Thanks for the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZiQYxeL4w

Paulo Szot @54Below
 Aug 11 2013, 10:45:00 AM
As I mentioned before, so many horrible voices recording with Sony and here's a guy with a beautiful and warm voice who can really sing it all and all he gets is GPR records...
It is really sad situation for the arts...

Paulo Szot @54Below
 Aug 10 2013, 04:05:49 PM
Three great reviews! Thanks for posting
The Bodyguard Dream Casting
 Aug 9 2013, 03:23:01 PM
I trully believe this show will be a flop....
and I'm not a negative person at all!!

The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center
 Aug 9 2013, 03:21:52 PM
I'm so happy they are doing this! such beautiful show
Paulo Szot @54Below
 Aug 9 2013, 03:18:04 PM
I watched the show yesterday and I enjoyed it so much. It was the best cabaret show I've seen so far at 54below.
Most of the actors I've seen there were very, very, good too but Paulo has the voice factor... which makes it unique. We unfortunately, do not have that anymore on our broadway stages...
I had no idea how good and funny Paulo is. He really tells a story in every song.
I better stop before I say I'm in love...oops... I just said...:)

PATINA MILLER
 Jun 11 2013, 11:09:13 AM
I was hoping would get it. There's no better Cinderella in the world...
I'M GLAD MATILDA LOST LAST NIGHT!
 Jun 11 2013, 11:08:24 AM
I love children but this last year we had too much of it onstage!!! seriously!

Opening Number
 Jun 11 2013, 11:07:38 AM
I'm still partial to 2009.. perhaps simply because it was chilling to see several musical legends up there together (Elton, Dolly, Liza) along with the entire company from shows. And no host involvement whatsoever. The star was the music from each show (this was the last year before NPH took over as host). Here's the second part of it.

the same here

VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
 Jun 11 2013, 11:06:28 AM
The best show of the last years.......
tomorrow is my 4th time seeing it.
Love it

Chess - London vs Broadway
 Jun 11 2013, 11:04:52 AM
The Brit version is good but Broadway's is much better.
I remember seeing it with my fiancé who was so impressed by the talented cast and
their power.

Something Wonderful!
 Jun 11 2013, 11:03:10 AM
Bravo to Irish Rep Theater. It was a beautiful evening the orchestra and chorus were amazingly conducted by Kevin B Winebold.
I have to disagree about the highlights....
Brian Stokes was flat and left his diction home, I could not understand one single word. I don't understand he would try to belt a high note if he doesn't have...embarassing; Matt Cavanaugh was squeezing his throat so much I thought he was gonna explode by the end of the song- the girls were vocally too ordinary for R&H

Trip to Bountiful Rush?
 Jun 7 2013, 12:19:13 AM
Great , Ill try too.
My fiancé was able to easily get tickets several hours after the box office opened the other week, but that was for a weekday performance. Don't know what the weekends are like but it doesn't seem like a terribly difficult rush.

Paolo Szot, Megan Hilty, Marin Mazzie at Avery Fisher
 Jun 6 2013, 11:30:59 PM
I was so happy when I came home from work tonight and saw the nice review on NYTimes.
I went to see the show on Tuesday with my wife and I had tears in my eyes throughout the evening.
His voice touches me like only a few singers do.
It is surprising the fact that he doens't have an album with all these hits that seems to be written for his voice. If I were a producer Paulo would have a least 3 or 4 albums already... but we don't live in a perfect world...so we can't have him on my

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You