News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fredrich Yeager

Member Name: Fredrich Yeager
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Old Frost/Nixon Interviews and Videos  Mar 10 2021, 03:52:16 PM

Hi, I'm trying to find any and all interviews, BTS stuff, or promotional content from Frost/Nixon in 2007, but I'm finding it hard because since it was so long ago most of the stuff has been taken down or archived in ways I can't access. Like I know Broadway.com has a handful of videos, but their site doesn't allow you to look at any videos from before 2008 so I can't watch any.

Does anyone know where I could find anything about Frost/Nixon? It would be really

Broadway's Greatest Love Song?  Feb 18 2020, 04:20:50 AM

For me it's definitely Origin of Love from Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written, honestly.

(I linked to the OBC recording with Neil Patrick Harris since that's technically the "Broadway" one, but I personally prefer John Cameron Mitchell's performance in the off-Broadway and movie cast recordings)

Santino Fontana Releasing Album  Dec 21 2019, 02:05:12 PM

Santino Fontana tweeted and posted on his Instagram two days ago a clip of instrumentals from a recording session to announce that he's going to be releasing a record soon. Not much information besides that yet, but based on who's tagged it looks like Charlie Rosen, Bryan Carter and his wife, Jessica Fontana are also involved. 

I thought this was exciting news and haven't seen anyone else share it here yet.

https://twitter.com/SantinoFontana/status/1207781123083911168

Bee Movie Musical to Winter Garden?  Dec 20 2019, 02:30:42 PM

www.beemoviebroadway.com isn't appearing as a real site, and I can't find any instagram that's been active within the last year, so I think they must have taken it down.

Alex Brightman Bootleg Tweets  Dec 20 2019, 02:26:04 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "A European woman next to me at Moulin Rouge was filming from the bun in her hair. No lie. She was completely stealth and disrupted no one. I did tell an usher but she left too quickly."

Tbh, I'm not bothered by that. If you're going to go that far to film a show (I mean seriously, has she been scouted by the CIA yet?) you're clearly not disturbing anyone and at that point if anyone in the show is annoyed by it, they're basically just

Broadway stars singing with The Mormon Tabernacle Choir... why is this still accepted!  Nov 14 2019, 09:34:16 AM

I think a lot of people, for better or worse, have a sort of mental disconnect between the church and the choir because the choir is so prolific and has such a positive reputation and the church has such a negative one. Most people don't know the technicalities of who is allowed to be in the choir and the decisions going on behind the scenes because for the most part they just seem like a really good, really big choir. A performer to get invited to sing with such a prestigious c

Tootsie Is Closing  Nov 11 2019, 11:45:24 PM

I liked the show and have been glad to see that it's improving in sales, which made me optimistic, but I think this was predictable for a long time. Jan 5 is a pretty popular closing time, and it's a little before they'd have to find replacements for the cast (the performers contracts expire end of February) so it makes sense they'd cut their losses then to avoid having to sign new people on for a show that would only last a few months more at least. I also think it will do we

Good musical for elementary school (Grades 3~5) to perform?  Nov 11 2019, 12:51:59 PM

I work with 4th-5th graders and I actually think Music Man Jr would be a good pick. That's actually what my own elementary school did when I was in 5th grade and I found it very manageable. I played Harold Hill and had no problem memorizing lines - you just have to make sure the kids you give speaking parts to actually want to be involved and will do the work. It also has good featured ensemble roles, and can accommodate a big cast.  It's also a good lesson in different types of

Movies that WILL be musicals, inevitably  Nov 7 2019, 02:45:57 AM

I've thought Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog would be an amazing musical for a while, but I haven't seen any buzz about adapting it and although it has a cult following, most people have never heard of it.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/3/19  Nov 4 2019, 04:20:23 PM

Tootsie did a promotional 2 for 1 ticket sale this past week, I think, which I think probably accounts for their performance this week (improved attendance but reduced gross).

New York Theater Quiz for October 2019  Nov 3 2019, 03:45:06 PM

Proud to say I got a strong 0% right!

Man Urinates on Carpet at Bella Bella  Oct 29 2019, 01:30:56 AM

I was at the performance of Bella Bella last night, watching the show (I thought it was pretty good, although not Harvey's best work) when an old man gets up part way through the show, literally pees on the carpet, and then just walks back to his seat and watches the rest of the show. I honestly thought I must have been hallucinating, but someone next to me at stage door asked Harvey about it and he confirmed that it did in fact happen, and he tweeted about it too.

https://twitter.com/HarveyFierstein/status/1188881938167357444

I'm called to mind the thread here a while back about the "Betrayal Masturbator", and I'm seriously wondering what's going on. Why does there seem to be no consequences for these people, and why do they do this? It doesn't seem to be making a point about anything, and even with phones I can at least understand that we now live in a society where people can't handle not being plugged in 24/7 even at the expense of everyone around them. 

How long is Amber Gray with Hadestown?  Oct 24 2019, 11:11:36 PM

Assuming she signed a standard Broadway contract, she's with the show for one year including rehearsals and previews, so I'd estimate her departure date around mid-February.

LIGHTNING THIEF Reviews  Oct 17 2019, 10:00:03 AM

With reviews and reactions like these, I am called to mind the ill-fated fictional show referenced in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Hurt Locker: The Musical.

"The musical opened last night and closed at intermission."

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/13/19  Oct 15 2019, 11:59:43 PM

Echoing onto other responses, why was this such a good week for everybody? Someone mentioned now being a popular time for tourism in NYC, but I don't know why that's the case either. I'd think young people are in school now, and there are no celebratory holidays (I've never heard of a Yom Kippur vacation) so people wouldn't be inclined to take time off work for leisure.

MJ The Musical officially opening on Broadway Summer 2020  Oct 10 2019, 04:32:14 PM

https://www.thebroadwaybeat.com/all-news/mj-the-musical-offers-discount-to-anyone-who-can-look-at-themselves-in-the-mirror-afterwards

/satire

Santino Fontana becomes a Dad!  Oct 3 2019, 11:39:18 AM

He was back yesterday night, so I'd assume, barring any illness or personal issue, that he'll be there Friday night.

Experiment  Oct 3 2019, 11:37:52 AM

Like people have said above, there's a BIG difference between people on cellphones during shows and bootleggers. Most people on cellphones are either responding to a text, or taking a photo or a short video of a certain part for posterity. Which I vehemently disagree with, but seeing as they did pay for their tickets and generally don't distribute those things, it's an entirely different subject. I've known "professional" bootleggers before (my job often re

Santino Fontana becomes a Dad!  Sep 26 2019, 12:19:14 AM

Not the understudy, the standby. The link is in the second post in the thread. (And he's the one who went on when Fontana missed a show in June, so he has some stage time in the role under his belt.)"

Whoops, yeah that's what I meant to type actually. The link to his standby's Instagram is the post I was referring to actually.  

Santino Fontana becomes a Dad!  Sep 24 2019, 10:36:55 PM

His understudy posted that he would be performing in Santino's role through Monday, September 30th. I don't know if the person above me has information that I don't (it would certainly make sense and be understandable for him to take two weeks), but as far as I'm able to find from any reputable sources, he seems expected to return Tuesday, October 1st.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You